Korean netizens announced a boycott of Jisoo and BLACKPINK

• Omg why the hell yg accept this project wtf

Can't fault YG for this one. The director of SD said he forced Jisoo to talk to YG for the project. So it was actually kinda on Jisoo that she accepted it.

Huh? Why attack and boycott the members?

Because the day of the premiere the girls supported Jisoo and post photos on their IG. Lisa and Rose goes even further and recorded a bit of them watching the drama.

It just seems like they are all just basically tone deaf about the bigger situation that is happening which is a serious distortion of the Korean history. Kind of like Seolhyun not recognizing the historical figure An Jung Geun. The are all very detached to the history that comes with the South Korea they live in now.

Even Jung Haein is very out of touch with history and I think he should be receiving more flack than BP and Jisoo. His comments about being born in 1988 so he doesn't know what happens in 1987 much (like history books never exists) is just... well thats some bullshit.

• I've been monitoring theqoo for the past few days and I don't know where the 'Jisoo is the only one getting attacked', 'BP is getting boycotted' are coming from because none of this is true?

I have seen a few posts here and there, especially one where people were discussing Jisoo's influence considering her huge instagram following, but other than that the majority of the hot topics on theqoo are discussing on the sponsors. There are also hot topics about the male actor and the guy is being eaten alive by Knetz...

Am I missing something?

• But she is not even a main person in the decision making process?

Supposedly she chose this project to get it rather than YG finding and offering it to her. So when she got the part she must've known the plot and agreed with it to stay on. This was her choice and it's on her.

The only out is if the writers purposely lied about the plot or actors roles and the cast had no clue. But this seems like a stretch for everyone to not be aware of the plot pre production or any changes during filming.

• This is such a kpop fandom cycle.

Find some netizens comments that are barely representative of the public saying they'll boycott/don't like x, y or z.

x, y and z still ends up doing well because boycotts/hate from a handful of netizens means nothing

As x, y and z has done well, the comments will be "omg, they did so well despite the boycott", acting like they were fighting against the odds

Well in reality, it never mattered. This issue is beyond kpop.

• I think people underestimate how big the whole incident with Joseon Exorcist was. Snowdrop is an even bigger controversy and sadly due to Jisoo‘s popularity she is not only the face of the whole controversy but also the scapegoat. She definitely should leave this drama asap or make a comment about it. I won’t say that it would endanger BP‘s popularity but it would avoid a lot of future hate comments and remarks. Also, every time she would have a drama (just like the actors/actresses of Joseon Exorcist) people will remind them of their “mistake“

• I've been monitoring theqoo for the past few days and I don't know where the 'Jisoo is the only one getting attacked', 'BP is getting boycotted' are coming from because none of this is true?

I have seen a few posts here and there, especially one where people were discussing Jisoo's influence considering her huge instagram following, but other than that the majority of the hot topics on theqoo are discussing on the sponsors. There are also hot topics about the male actor and the guy is being eaten alive by Knetz...

Am I missing something?

Oh... Interesting :pepe-tea:

I think everybody is super invested in this issue and some fake rumors may take place bc i see a lot of exaggeration so people are either enjoying the mess to spread fake rumors or people are going crazy over nothing.

Am I missing something?

Koreans on twitter have been discussing the other actors as well.

I fear some users here are stuck in that same old 'woe my fave is a victim mentality' while the issue here is much bigger than that.

• Because you think your girls makes the decision in all their business,
    Your too naive

It's easy to accuse other people when you don't know what's going on behind the scene

I don't know who is the most disgusting, you or knetz :suure:

Lol check your facts before posting something so stupid like this, She had the decision to accept or refuse the role after reading the script. Everything about this drama was red flags yet she chose to go ahead with it. you are the disgusting one who doesn't respect others history and freedom of choice.

Also I am not the one who is cancelling her, so I don't understand why you are mad all the things I stated are actual FACTS!! Truth hurts ain't it? Go to knetz and tell them more about their history since you know it more than them 👋

• I think people underestimate how big the whole incident with Joseon Exorcist was. Snowdrop is an even bigger controversy and sadly due to Jisoo‘s popularity she is not only the face of the whole controversy but also the scapegoat. She definitely should leave this drama asap or make a comment about it. I won’t say that it would endanger BP‘s popularity but it would avoid a lot of future hate comments and remarks. Also, every time she would have a drama (just like the actors/actresses of Joseon Exorcist) people will remind them of their “mistake“

I agree with this. The group's image should be fine but I do fear for Jisoo's acting career. Or any of the other actors who are being discussed.

I think the difference between these two is that fans of Jisoo have been giving a lot more pushback towards Koreans on the issue which has made the situation probably worse for her.

But here's to hoping someone at least gets a piece of sense and pulls her out of the drama. Then again, I've never known YG to be very senseful.

• i think you can see the dynamic here. The only Korean in BP beside Jisoo is Jennie and Jennie was the only one didn't post a story of her watching the premiere. She might as well was there with Lisa and Rose but she chose not to.

Lisa and Rose are foreigner, they can get a pass from me for not being sensitive but that's not their fault, they weren't Korea born and breed.

I have the feeling Jennie might as well knew this drama is problematic and she sensed an upcoming wave of backlash so she minimized the cross promotion for SD as much as possible.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!