Leeseo inadvertently started a coup on Wonyoung in Korea

• Based on Korean netizens comments I’m seeing, a lot of people are starting to look at Leeseo more favorably than to Wonyoung. People who got curious about IVE because of Wonyoung switched their interest to Leeseo and are outright stanning her.

Recently they have compared how Leeseo is able to sing live, unlike Wonyoung. But this is nothing new. IZONE was always known as SM level when it came to lip sync but Wonyoung is still continuing this tradition. My guess is she’s not able to sing and dance at the same time and it’s part of her contract. And maybe even why she stayed with Starship rather than migrate to HYBE for a bigger paycheck.

This story of visual vs stan attractor is ancient in kpop. They don’t step on each other’s territory for the most part. Obviously each member has their own strengths and weaknesses. But together they form a more powerful unit.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

85811722-DB6-D-4-AAB-B63-A-5-BC04-EF5-D9-E3.jpg

• not surprised because this really isn’t new, there was a 1M views video dragging her for her voice which her antis said was too nasal in Iz*one

just a few days ago a post about her not dancing hard enough because she didn’t shake her head

this happens when you’re relevant :pepe-back-away:

• Poor Wonyoung ;( . The scary thing about that MR removed YT vid is that it's from a Korean YTber presumably, there are Korean comments galore (usually you see a lot more English comments in these types of MR removed vids). I hope this doesnt turn into an organized attack in Korean forums like what happened to Momo.

I personally dont believe these vids anyway. I listen with my own ears to tell if someone is lipsyncing.

Plus I know the girl can sing. Didnt we see her sing in an encore? Maybe she just isnt comfortable singing while dancing yet.

• Starship was not letting her or Yujin go. They had those contracts signed in blood way before IZ*ONE probably even debuted.

HYBE was never going to get those two. Not unless they eventually acquire Starship too.

And people always make threads like these when groups first debut. Only time will truly tell.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

fc48bd06c65bdda5a70662a95298c58967e2efac.gifv2388a663244f2a30b386bac2c9600bc97508161c.gifv

Edited once, last by keyboardwarrior7 ().

• Poor Wonyoung ;( . The scary thing about that MR removed YT vid is that it's from a Korean YTber presumably, there are Korean comments galore (usually you see a lot more English comments in these types of MR removed vids). I hope this doesnt turn into an organized attack in Korean forums like what happened to Momo.

I personally dont believe these vids anyway. I listen with my own ears to tell if someone is lipsyncing.

Plus I know the girl can sing. Didnt we see her sing in an encore? Maybe she just isnt comfortable singing while dancing yet.

Singing while dancing will always be hard. It's just how the human body is made. Our lungs need oxygen.

I think people who can sing perfectly while dancing intense choreo are more like freaks of nature rather than the norm. If you watch most pop singers who dance real choreo, they don't sing the whole time. They make the audience sing and catch their breath or they just let the track of the backing vocals play in the background. Or they stop dancing or dance less intensely while they sing.

fc48bd06c65bdda5a70662a95298c58967e2efac.gifv2388a663244f2a30b386bac2c9600bc97508161c.gifv

• not surprised because this really isn’t new, there was a 1M views video dragging her for her voice which her antis said was too nasal in Iz*one

just a few days ago a post about her not dancing hard enough because she didn’t shake her head

this happens when you’re relevant :pepe-back-away:

I'm checking on those who aren't antis. They are people who know and like Wonyoung. Yet they say things like "Wonyoung and Yujin are pretty but why can't I take my eyes off Leeseo". They still appreciate Wonyoung but come out more impressed with Leeseo because of her charisma and stage skills.

And they can't help compare the two because Wonyoung used to be a maknae before, and she was expected to the most popular member. However, Leeseo is very quickly raising in popularity and taking more spotlight.

• Singing while dancing will always be hard. It's just how the human body is made. Our lungs need oxygen.

I think people who can sing perfectly while dancing intense choreo are more like freaks of nature rather than the norm. If you watch most pop singers who dance real choreo, they don't sing the whole time. They make the audience sing and catch their breath or they just let the track of the backing vocals play in the background. Or they stop dancing or dance less intensely while they sing.

Agree 1000 percent. Singing while dancing is FUCKING HARD. I mean, Pavarotti was known as the greatest tenor ever but i never saw him sing while jumping around doing syncronized choreo for three minutes. You end up just shouting in tune, or trying to.

I wish more Kpop groups would change the choreo to allow the person singing to achieve some semblance of reasonable support in their core. Let them break from the dancing and allow them to shine vocally.

• Agree 1000 percent. Singing while dancing is FUCKING HARD. I mean, Pavarotti was known as the greatest tenor ever but i never saw him sing while jumping around doing syncronized choreo for three minutes. You end up just shouting in tune, or trying to.

I wish more Kpop groups would change the choreo to allow the person singing to achieve some semblance of reasonable support in their core. Let them break from the dancing and allow them to shine vocally.

Then, they would have to put more emphasis on vocals rather than visuals and performance.

Which would put the vast majority of groups at a disadvantage. The only really vocal heavy groups that the GP actually supported are SM groups and Mamamoo (in the 3rd gen. there are quite a few in the 2nd gen).

Then again, YG groups were never really big on intense choreo so...yeah, maybe.

• I wish more Kpop groups would change the choreo to allow the person singing to achieve some semblance of reasonable support in their core. Let them break from the dancing and allow them to shine vocally

That's usually what they do. Vocalists in skme groups stand still while they belt high note.

~ Retired exol, don't ask me about that group. ~

• Then, they would have to put more emphasis on vocals rather than visuals and performance.

Which would put the vast majority of groups at a disadvantage. The only really vocal heavy groups that the GP actually supported are SM groups and Mamamoo (in the 3rd gen. there are quite a few in the 2nd gen).

Then again, YG groups were never really big on intense choreo so...yeah, maybe.

I was thinking about what OMG did here. The girls sometimes take a break from doing full on choreo and focus on singing their individual lines.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Honestly, i cant tell if they're all actually singing live despite the handheld mics, but this is the concept i would like to see from more groups. Of course, it would be a lot harder to do this for a song that has a fast tempo and harder dance, it would probably be more difficult for an idol to switch out of the choreo, sing their line and then smoothly fall back into the choreo.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!