Why the rise of IVE Leeseo will be bad for kpop in the future

• If you're expecting a thesis then you're gonna be disappointed.

But 16 has been the average age of a groups Maknae since 2nd gen. Yes there's been exceptions but for the most part 16 was usually the youngest you'd get.

But now that Leeseo of IVE has started taking off I feel companies are gonna start going to 14 for their Maknae to try and recapture the same success. There may even start being two members in the group who debut at 14.

If this becomes the case then Busters were ahead of their time.

Korea is getting to a point where they keep wanting younger and younger and prettier and prettier. In their eyes Wonyoung is old news.

And that's scary for the future of kpop.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• No, because k-idols debuting at such a young age is not a new concept.

It's not. But how often do those extra young idols become huge stars overnight?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's not. But how often do those extra young idols become huge stars overnight?

shes not though :clown:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• shes not though :clown:

She's not though? lol

If y'all say so.

• speaking of ages and things...

by the time Leeseo competes her first contract/kpop idol career she will be around Jisoo's age when Jisoo debuted and be younger than both Irene and Solar (who debuted around 23)

My tiny brain can barely comprehend this.

• *JANG WON YOUNG* (of *IVE*) did *debut* (my view) at barely over

*Age 14* on the PRODUCE48 TV Show ... And *immediately* got

CONSIDERABLE Fan Attention (not surprisingly) ... IZ*ONE Group

was formed out of that TV Show.

Obviously , becoming POPULAR at a YOUNGER age , means

MORE CASH FLOW (profit) for the AGENCY involved.

And for the K-pop Idol too ... I do NOT really see much protest

from JANG WON YOUNG that she feels exploited somehow.

But okay , KAHI (After School group) doing her debut

at *AGE 29* , it is not.

• tbh I think minors shouldn't be debuting because the industry is so harsh and the commenters are too savage and cruel towards idols over nothing, not to mention that kids get objectified and creeped on by adults in the industry and out of it so I don't want that to happen to them :(

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• i mean

Sunmi Sohee and Hyuna all debuted around 14

that's three members in the same group under 15

albeit Hyuna did get taken out by her parents and some suspect its because she felt sexualized ( although she debuted and kept doing much sexier concepts later regardless )

but the other two seemed to do fine tbh

of course wonder girls werent nearly as sexualized as kpop is today

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!