Is a 4th gen idol Jeon Soyeon qualified to be a survival show mentor?

• The new MBC survival show, My Teenage Girl, will be premiering tonight at 8 KST. It has a cast four mentors who have been called legendary: SNSD Yuri, (G)I-DLE Jeon Soyeon, Dancer Aiki, and Singer Joohyun.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Survival show have traditionally selected mentors who have been in the industry for years with resumes of renown. Joohyun is 1st gen and debuted alongside Lee Hyori. Yuri is 2ng gen and debuted with SNDN. Aiki is 32 years old and has danced professionally for many years.

Soyeon is different as she doesn't have nearly as many years of experience as the other mentors. She's 24 years old in Korean age and initially debuted as a soloist in 2017 (should we call her 3rd gen?). With her short body of work, is she actually credible enough to be a legendary mentor?

Also, Soyeon does have the unique experience of being being a participant on three different survival shows: Produce 101, Unpretty Rapstar 3, and Queendom. Here's a look back:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Other than experience, I think Soyeon has a quality that great mentors should have and that's honesty. She seems to be a straight shooter who doesn't sugarcoat things. Despite that, she does seem to be a very nice girl who is aware of how to treat others respectfully.

Edited 5 times, last by hokiedood ().

• she is a good mentor. since she produces, sings well, and is one of the idols/rapper/mc.

( •ㅅ• )( •ㅅ• )( •ㅅ• )

• Watching all the vids and seems like she still doesn't know what to do when people cry lol. Also the ambition and drive like damn. I think Nada said no one else from upr3 would go on a competition program while Soyeon is always up for it. Minnie, I belave also said she learned a lot so I'm hoping gidle go on more

• She has experience as both a contestant and as a writer and producer. She's fine.

• I don't think she is considered 4th generation and she has been around since produce 101 (2016) and she participated in unpretty rapstar the same year she is definitely qualified.

Only the debut year counts. Soyeon was still a trainee on PD101 & UPR3.

2018 is considered 4th gen by MNet. While she debuted solo in 2017, most people lump her into the 4th gen because Idle debuted a few months later in 2018. Some may argue her two solo singles shouldn't count because they were never promoted.

• Only the debut year counts. Soyeon was still a trainee on PD101 & UPR3.

2018 is considered 4th gen by MNet. While she debuted solo in 2017, most people lump her into the 4th gen because Idle debuted a few months later in 2018. Some may argue her two solo singles shouldn't count because they were never promoted.

honestly the year that 4th generation start is still debatable until this day lol some knetz think 4th gen started in 2019 like if you read some articles that have been translated some think that.

but, anyways even if you consider her to be one, she definitely has more experience than most 4th gen idols so my point is that she has what it takes to be a judge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!