For new kpop stans (about Twice situation)

• So I've been seeing people, especially those who seem to be stanning new GGs (won't name them but you can figure it out by yourself) being super happy about Twice latest song underperforming (so far)

Just want to tell you don't be so excited, it will ultimately happen to every group out there (and still this doesn't mean anything for Twice if you look at the bigger picture)

I remember clearly as day when some Onces (the loud minority really, I'm not bashing you guys) where all over place calling SNSD has beens

Kinda same with EXO-Ls and SUJU and now certain fandoms doing the same to EXO and again the same with BLINKs and 2ne1

I'm sure we could find more examples of this behaviour

It's a cycle and it will happen again and again so don't be too sassy about your faves just because they are fresh blood :dancer:

Just a random thought really

Caitlyn Vi Vi Caitlyn GIF - Caitlyn Vi Vi Caitlyn Arcane - Discover & Share  GIFs

Edited once, last by _Dalnim ().

• _Dalnim

Changed the title of the thread from “For new kpop stans” to “For new kpop stans (about Twice situation)”.
  • in other words

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• lmao i remember telling that years ago to once when they were mocking snsd and every song twice put out was a hit.. but it`s true it is just a cycle in kpop only rare groups can still do well once new gen comes and a bunch of other artists start becoming bigger, in kpop ppl love fresh faces (i don`t really get it tbh).. Twice can still do much better tho if JYP changes a few things

❤︎ Girls' Generation ❤︎ N C T ❤︎ Red Velvet ❤︎ ae spa ❤︎

6e9ff8522b602d528710161e21247989328c7faf.gifv3619ff6031a383f824fe1d511bcbfb7f249c21df.gifv

• lmao i remember telling that years ago to once when they were mocking snsd and every song twice put out was a hit.. but it`s true it is just a cycle in kpop only rare groups can still do well once new gen comes and a bunch of other artists start becoming bigger, in kpop ppl love fresh faces (i don`t really get it tbh).. Twice can still do much better tho if JYP changes a few things

2016-2017? No, lies. Biased, bye.

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• Some kpop fans are an unfortunate combination.

Insecure and immature.

Insecure such that they must latch on to their group's success as their own. And use it to demean others to convince themselves they aren't inadequate.

And immature or young enough to not have the awareness that "their time will come". That life is a cycle. And fame is very much fleeting. The sun will set on even their most cherished favs. It is the way of things. And we all experience it. Eventually.

• I'm still pretty new to Kpop and I've mostly been into underground music scenes before this, so idk if western pop fandom spaces are like this too, but my god so many Kpop stans are so annoying af. idk if they're too young to realize this, but none of this charting shit is going to matter in 10 years. You can even see the pattern in western pop throughout all of music history. It's just how the world works atp.

It's easy to just enjoy the music you like without being a weird competitive asshole talking shit about people's careers that don't even know you exist.

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• Wow this was deep, so true :yesr:

This is one of the hardest things in life tho ....to admit that things have changed and none of us can go back

• Insecure and immature is exactly how I would describe these people. :nct14:

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• I'm still pretty new to Kpop and I've mostly been into underground music scenes before this, so idk if western pop fandom spaces are like this too, but my god so many Kpop stans are so annoying af. idk if they're too young to realize this, but none of this charting shit is going to matter in 10 years. You can even see the pattern in western pop throughout all of music history. It's just how the world works atp.

It's easy to just enjoy the music you like without being a weird competitive asshole talking shit about people's careers that don't even know you exist.

Preach

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• To be fair, this same fandom that is playing victim now had in the past mocked sones when Cheer Up became a big hit and when SNSD started to decline. This same fandom also laughed at other GGs fandom for not even coming close to Twice's NGG status at that time.

This cycle will never stop. Even Blackpink will fade one day so as a kpop stan, you just need to live with it. As long as u support your fave, whether they fading or not is not relevant

Unfortunately, fans of western pop artists are similar. If you follow western music forum e.g ATRL, u will see similar dragging all over the place.

Classic example - Katy Perry's fans dragged Lady Gaga's declining relevancy and eventually being dragged as Katy lose its relevancy while Gaga regained with A Star Is Born.

This happens all the time. It is just whether you visit / join those forums

• To be fair, this same fandom that is playing victim now had in the past mocked sones when Cheer Up became a big hit and when SNSD started to decline. This same fandom also laughed at other GGs fandom for not even coming close to Twice's NGG status at that time.

This cycle will never stop. Even Blackpink will fade one day so as a kpop stan, you just need to live with it. As long as u support your fave, whether they fading or not is not relevant

Yup I remember

SONEs were in denial tho and Onces were little shits about it...people who have been around for more than 5 years would remember

The only western pop forum I've visited is atrl and people there are even more success stans. A lot of users were happy to see Adele and Billie Eilish underperforming.

• Yup I remember

SONEs were in denial tho and Onces were little shits about it...people who have been around for more than 5 years would remember

Many of them were probably not around in the old forum or in the o**hallyu forum. So now they feel attacked but there were times people absolutely hated onces cause they are cocky with NGG thing. But yea, this same kind of dragging did happened.

So i dont feel pity for any fandom. What goes up must come down.

• Many of them were probably not around in the old forum or in the o**hallyu forum. So now they feel attacked but there were times people absolutely hated onces cause they are cocky with NGG thing. But yea, this same kind of dragging did happened.

So i dont feel pity for any fandom. What goes up must come down.

I don't really have any strong feelings towards fandoms anymore, it's the idiots who are the loudest all the time anyway and besides it's just bunch of very different people so to bash them or praise them seems very pointless to me

not saying that sometimes I'm not laughing about how the circle repeats itself lmao

• It's never going to happen with how fast fans let their faves achievements get to their heads :pepenomad:

I'm made my peace with that, maybe people will realize this later how stupid it sounds to do such things. Everyone will go down, no one can stay on the top forever except maybe the person in your sig :smirks2:

• That's kpop, things move fast and hard. Like others said onces were more than happy to shit on SNSD but now Twice are in the same position but reached it much faster

• the fact some people make it their whole internet persona too, day in and day out, playing it off as banter... no, you're just an insecure joyless clown and arsehole talking behind a computer screen.

I get secondhand embarrassment reading it all. From grown ass adults no less.
    wWZHtW8.gif

It's so cringe because they think they're being a badass too, but they're so transparent :jihyo5:

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• Nope. Go to wikipedia and you will see how that is wrong

Denying things with no proof won't make the truth disappear lol ...what are you expecting us to find on wikipedia?? lol ...it is what it is...if you weren't around or don't remember, it doesn't mean it didn't happen

• Maybe but your sone friends were no different with their elitist bshits when JYP set to debut a 9 members group. Those SM huge legacy is making their head big enough, let's be honest here

Sure I agree but then again when most of kpop copy the SNSD blueprint it's of course going to be fueling the big headedness.

• This thread contains 49 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!