What age should idols be allowed to debut at?

• Eighteen seems like a good age. Anything younger than that is too young imo. They're still children and are missing out on a normal life that teens should have. The training is too gruelling and they haven't got the mental toughness. At least wait until the main part of their teens are over and dealing with puberty etc.

That's driving and high school age. And an age where activities such as competitive dance and performance (like cheerleading, etc) are commonplace.

I think it balances ensuring they are at least old enough to be maturing into their teens, yet young enough it allows them to take advantage of their youthful years to pursue their dream.

• like 16 maybe.

many of my faves debuted younger, so to think they wouldn't be part of the line up.. but being really honest 14-15 isn't very ideal.

• 18 and up. I feel like a lot of kids don’t know what they’re signing up too. Like money and fame is nice but the pressure behind the scenes and the amount of shit (literally speaking) thrown at your face will be hard to digest at 10 years old because you also have to go to school and keep up an image.

PSY’s new boy group has a baby in the group and I pray for him.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• ye they do, but being an idol is a very time consuming job. As a 16 year old, studies take up 60% of the time i'm awake during school terms, it's not impossible but probably hard to score the same as your peers with much lesser focus on grades. It's kinda a risk to take, of course if you'll succeed, you'll be richer than everyone else but what are the chances

Plus Korean school isn't exactly easy it's similar to Japanese schooling in that way.

• After the legal age, so around 18-19 (over 20 in Korean age I guess). First, they have to finish high school to have a backup. Most of the groups that aren't under big companies disband after 2, maximum 3 years of activity. Without a high school, you are useless in SK, especially after your 30s.

Second, I don't feel good to know that their parents manage their contract/earnings. We saw so many idols scammed by their own families for money, or they don't receive the money. Also, some parents might take advantage of their kids to get rich. Let them manage their earnings alone.

The third is that their brain is not ready. Usually, the brain fully develops around 25 yo, 18-19 is a little bit closer, than 14-15. Exposing a kid to this environment might affect their mental health a lot, that's why a lot of idols have insomnia/anxiety/depression and are dependent on pills.

Let the kids live their childhood. If they are good enough, they will have a great career. Just look around, most idols are in their late 20s and they still have a powerful fandom. Brave Girls are almost in their 30s and still shined at this age and gained a big fandom. It's not mandatory to debut a 14yo girl with a cute concept to get a fandom/money.

• I would say 18 and in some special cases 16 because there is a lot of pressure in their work. Some idols debuted really young and were already really talented and/or improved but sometimes when they debut pretty young or don't train enough, their skills are limited even if the potential is here.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!