Idols :supporting genocide, slave labor, and dictatorships?( all for money?)

• From my perspective, many popular idols seem to be support genocide, slave labor, and dictatorships in order to get the bag from china.

If you don't already know China is committing genocide against the Uyghurs- there is evidence to point to them forcing many Uyghurs into concentration camps and forcing them to do slave labor(for example picking cotton)

Is there a political will to prevent the Uyghurs from genocide? -  JusticeInfo.net

There’s a good chance your cotton T-shirt was made with Uyghur slave labor | Jewher Ilham
    Much of the world’s cotton comes from the Uyghur region, where the Chinese government is ethnically cleansing its Muslim minority. Fashion conglomerates know…
    www.theguardian.com

Naturally, people were outraged any many companies boycotted this cotton.

The brands that boycotted Xinjiang cotton include, CK, H&M, and Nike.

In response, the Chinese government silenced these brands.

H&M removed from Chinese apps over Xinjiang cotton boycott | TechCrunch

Then, Many idols came out and supported the Chinese government.

Also, many of these idols supported the militarization of Hong Kong.

All of this is so that they can continue to make money in China.

They will support genocide and say the Uyghur genocide is defamation to china.

Netizens React to More K-Pop Stars, Including Victoria, Lay, and Jackson, Cutting  Ties with Multiple Brands in Light of Xinjiang Labor Controversy

Examples:

Jackson Wang

download (2).jpeg

Lay Zhang

Over 30 Chinese stars cut ties with brands including Nike, HM, and Adidas, standing firmly behind Xinjiang cotton - Global Times

Victoria Song

Pannchoa] Victoria Song terminates her contract with H&M following the  company's statement in support of the Uyghur community in Xinjiang -  Netizen Nation - OneHallyu

These idols call genocide defamation. They support booting brands that wish to not use Xinjiang cotton, and most of all they influence their millions of fans as well.

Xinjiang_Re-education_Camp_Lop_County.jpg

What is your opinion?

Can you support them?

How about the morality of their decisions?

Maybe, they have no choice but to support?

give me all your opinions.

• I for one can no longer support. And I did like Jackson quite a bit before. :peperain:

• Why are you bringing up a topic already spoken about to death. Like many many many times. What sort of answer are you expecting from a bunch of kpop fans? People who wanted to drop them, did. People who don’t want to think about serious issues kept on stanning. Nothing more to add here.

And I don’t think you have good faith because your intention seems to be to be troll.

• Why are you bringing up a topic already spoken about to death. Like many many many times. What sort of answer are you expecting from a bunch of kpop fans?

And I don’t think you have good faith because you intention seems to be to be troll.

I respect your opinion. Some people here have interesting perspectives.

• Why are you bringing up a topic already spoken about to death. Like many many many times. What sort of answer are you expecting from a bunch of kpop fans? People who wanted to drop them, did. People who don’t want to think about serious issues kept on stanning. Nothing more to add here.

And I don’t think you have good faith because your intention seems to be to be troll.

so you think it's fine to stan?

• :brts-jm-yep: You really want to be the most featured threadmaker in Dumpster Fires.

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 11.54.33 AM.png

• LOL, I really feel like my answer in your other Dumpster Fire thread about how society determines what is acceptable at the time really is applicable to this too.

Are they fake supporting? Caught up in the wave of societal norms living in China? All I know is that living in such an oppressive regime undoubtedly makes it very dangerous to go against its ideals. Of course that brings about the question on whether they HAVE to live there, but the fact is that they do. We also have to take any close family they have living there into account too...

• The evidence of the Uyghur genocide: Google earth, fake testimonies and CIA funded protests. A US plot to destabilize the Xinjiang region via US sanctions so terrorist forces will spill over from the Afghan border. Mike Pompeo conveniently delisted the East Turkistan Islamic party as a terrorist organization in 2020 and ISIS K is now unsurprisingly backing Uyghur militants for future suicide bomb attacks inside China.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Only fools follow the western 'we care about human rights of muslims' narrative while they fund the ongoing REAL genocide of Palestinians which is heavily censored in western media

External Content twitter.com

• The only idol I stanned who posted BS like that was Victoria

since then I have stopped following her

People who have cared they stopped following cpp supporters a long time ago

External Content www.youtube.com

• I don't know if it's money -- the only person who has spoken out at the Chinese government and has gotten away with it is Xu Xiaodong, the MMA fighter.

Who had to deal with " his social credit rating was lowered to the point where he could not rent, own property, stay in certain hotels, travel on high speed rail or buy plane tickets." " In May 2019, Xu defeated another martial artist; but was only able to do so wearing clown makeup to hide his face and by fighting under a pseudonym. It took him 36 hours to reach the fight location due to his low social credit score, and Chinese search engines reportedly had stopped listing him.[19][20] Later that year, Xu had to wear Peking Opera face paint and cover his back tattoo during his match with Japanese kickboxer Yuichiro Nagashima so that the fight which took place in Thailand could stream in China"

After speaking out against One China "He was subsequently visited by Chinese authorities and had his Sina Weibo account wiped for the eighth time.[27][29]"

Heck Fang Fang writing about the experiences in lockdown had a famed shao lin master tell everyone to assault her. Just for WRITING something on lockdown life. The ONLY reason this guy is alive is because he has made a life off fame of dissing chinese martial arts.

Every single Chinese/Taiwanese idol has said it besides GOT7 Mark (who does not plan on making a career in China) and maybe the more unpopular (sadly) ones like Shuhua, Handong, Vivi...etc. With the amount of blind items we have about many Chinese idols being forced to support it and regretting their decisions I am not shocked if many are unhappy with this.

Also there is a frequent amount of Weibo users who keep track of every public figure and see if they have posted it or not. They consistently harass people who haven't and they need to make a statement to retain a job.

Also side note I have wondered if Curley's boot from main vocal in BonBon Girls besides being Center and Rank 1 and becoming a rapper (despite being known as a vocalist) is because she's Uyghur. Granted I know Hu Maer was basically edited out on broadcast but she was easily one of the prettiest and talented contestants who was fully Uyghur.

I have conflicting thoughts because I know people who have lived (and myself have) under a repressive dictatorship. Not in China, but I can understand both sides -- not saying that the statements they are making are correct morally.

• What is your opinion on dilereba? She's an Uyghur actress who is quite successful, perhaps she had backing?. I agree that some of them have no choice but to conform.

I didn't know that about Curly, I only saw that one viral clip of her singing, but that is just so sad.

• The only idol I stanned who posted BS like that was Victoria

since then I have stopped following her

People who have cared they stopped following cpp supporters a long time ago

That is true.

• 50cent or tankie?

also, how do you know I'm western?

• LOL, I really feel like my answer in your other Dumpster Fire thread about how society determines what is acceptable at the time really is applicable to this too.

Are they fake supporting? Caught up in the wave of societal norms living in China? All I know is that living in such an oppressive regime undoubtedly makes it very dangerous to go against its ideals. Of course that brings about the question on whether they HAVE to live there, but the fact is that they do. We also have to take any close family they have living there into account too...

You always make great points. I have heard of family being used as collateral, and that is just a terrible situation.

• Nothing wrong with the OP’s topic.

Obviously most Chinese idols turn a blind eye to the CCP’s corruption and evil out of fear and self-preservation. Look how people are ‘afraid’ to even talk about this topic here, so imagine how they would easily fall in line when they are in threat of being taken to a detention camp in the middle of the night.

for real. as a person who's heartbroken over this, these seem like a cheap attempt to drag idols- not bring light to situation happening to the uyghur.

• Exactly why i hate all the performative bs virtue signaling fake woke shit people do. As they seek to cancel Jackson and lay etc or unstan. They look at the situation as black and white good or bad nothing else. Life has alot of shades of grey and like you mentioned about your experience. That holds true for anyone living in a regime like China, ome has to consider many things, sure financial security might be part of it. But rarely do these judgemental sjw hypocrites think about everything else that holds higher priority to those living in those regimes. Their education and influence: They have been raised and taught by everyone around them that they are the good guys, that type of propoganda does brainwash people. Then you have to think about the possible threat to their safety from physical and mental abuse and even the threat if death, and by extension those same threats being presented to their loved ones. When presented with all of that its forgivable to see people like Jackson still support China because there's a chance he or his family and friends could suffer the consequences of defying China and when the threat is left vauge where you know not what will happen,it makes it much easier to maintain control.

This is the same reason why north korens despite hating kim have not revolted and started a civil war. So all the hypocrites out there talking shit about these artists on here in your cushy first world life of no problems and never have to worry or work for freedom and take it for granted, come put yourself in their shoes for a moment and tell me you would do in that situation and don't lie

• for real. as a person who's heartbroken over this, these seem like a cheap attempt to drag idols- not bring light to situation happening to the uyghur.

Well to be fair, they're new. We know the people brought them up again and again because we've been here to watch it (multiple times). But they wouldn't have necessarily seen any of that unless they were a lurker. This is giving the benefit of the doubt...

They may also just like controversial topics, lol. I don't know if that necessarily makes them a troll, though these topics certainly are very triggering.

Or maybe they know we've talked about this and they just want an update on how we all feel?

Anyway...

• that's also true.

im just tired of people essentially saying "why do you still support this idol??" without saying it. like if you want to talk about the things that are happening then focus on that instead of the aspects that make the idols look like bad people, as far as i know- none of these idols have done anything where they're openly admitting/implying they're okay with everything that's happening to the uyghur. at least from what I've seen. most of these idols can't even speak up about their personal opinion on the situation without being canceled from a group of people.

• that's also true.

im just tired of people essentially saying "why do you still support this idol??" without saying it. like if you want to talk about the things that are happening then focus on that instead of the aspects that make the idols look like bad people, as far as i know- none of these idols have done anything where they're openly admitting/implying they're okay with everything that's happening to the uyghur. at least from what I've seen. most of these idols can't even speak up about their personal opinion on the situation without being canceled from a group of people.

Well, I was trying to look at the flip side of the coin, but IMO, I think they just wanted another thread in Dumpster Fires. Not to say they are insincere about this topic, but the aforementioned "desire" gave them that push. :pepe-devil:

• What is your opinion on dilereba? She's an Uyghur actress who is quite successful, perhaps she had backing?. I agree that some of them have no choice but to conform.

I didn't know that about Curly, I only saw that one viral clip of her singing, but that is just so sad.

She's the "token representation" they really want to push lmao. Good for her -- I don't think it discounts the experiences of others though. She's the "perfect" actress who is good at variety, dance, visual, acting -- so I see why she would be pushed.

• well, I did join yesterday so I haven't looked through most of the threads. I used to only read the allkpop articles.

• it makes me view them in a different light at least

Jackson was one of those idols I really liked, then he did that and now it's like meh

It does, but I feel like he also may not have much choice after all his family is from Hong kong. Overall it's a very complex situation. I just feel like they have so much influence over fans, and the CPC uses that to their advantage.

• It does, but I feel like he also may not have much choice after all his family is from Hong kong. Overall it's a very complex situation. I just feel like they have so much influence over fans, and the CPC uses that to their advantage.

true and who knows maybe deep down he wishes he didn't have to say that stuff (especially considering how loyally he speaks of Hong Kong) it must be annoying to some of them too how they have to engage with these topics

• true and who knows maybe deep down he wishes he didn't have to say that stuff (especially considering how loyally he speaks of Hong Kong) it must be annoying to some of them too how they have to engage with these topics

a great point. It's so strange to see idols involved in politics, but governments can never just leave them and us fans alone :pepenomad:

• true and who knows maybe deep down he wishes he didn't have to say that stuff (especially considering how loyally he speaks of Hong Kong) it must be annoying to some of them too how they have to engage with these topics

The worst part is all the hypocrites fake woke sjws that dislike or unstan without even thinking. To them the world is black and white when in reality there's alot of shades of gray. None of those people even think about the underlying reasons for Jackson or anyone else's choice. Could their lives be at risk? Jail, death or abuse? Could this be levied against their loved ones? Or could it be purely a financial decision? Nobody truly knows and none of those fake woke people ever think about putting themselves in his shoes to figure out how they would handle that situation, as all these fake woke people never had to deal with real situations or life and death scenarios or other very serious situations. They all sit back and judge while sitting in a nice democracy where they take freedom for granted and never had to worry about anything or fight for anything. Not everyone around the world has that luxury remember that when you think about pointing fingers. People do things differently for a reason and not all the time are they doing it because they want to. This is the same reason why obviously abusive dictatorships thrive and survive like north Korea, because the people there have to weigh in and calculate if a revolt/civil war is worth the sacrifice involved and not everyone will agree on the price to pay. The same metric goes through Jackson's and anyone's mind when considering a serious move.

• The worst part is all the hypocrites fake woke sjws that dislike or unstan without even thinking. To them the world is black and white when in reality there's alot of shades of gray. None of those people even think about the underlying reasons for Jackson or anyone else's choice. Could their lives be at risk? Jail, death or abuse? Could this be levied against their loved ones? Or could it be purely a financial decision? Nobody truly knows and none of those fake woke people ever think about putting themselves in his shoes to figure out how they would handle that situation, as all these fake woke people never had to deal with real situations or life and death scenarios or other very serious situations. They all sit back and judge while sitting in a nice democracy where they take freedom for granted and never had to worry about anything or fight for anything. Not everyone around the world has that luxury remember that when you think about pointing fingers. People do things differently for a reason and not all the time are they doing it because they want to. This is the same reason why obviously abusive dictatorships thrive and survive like north Korea, because the people there have to weigh in and calculate if a revolt/civil war is worth the sacrifice involved and not everyone will agree on the price to pay. The same metric goes through Jackson's and anyone's mind when considering a serious move.

ikr like please sure there would be idols who actually support that stuff but some are just placed in a situation where they have to give that kind of verbal support for a reason. they're only humans with families too..it's okay to feel disappointed but have to remember not everywhere will give you the same luxury of being able to do/say what you wish. people make their decisions based on the best outcome for this and not everyone gets that, just think those idols are traitors when it's a lot more complex than that.

• The worst part is all the hypocrites fake woke sjws that dislike or unstan without even thinking. To them the world is black and white when in reality there's alot of shades of gray. None of those people even think about the underlying reasons for Jackson or anyone else's choice. Could their lives be at risk? Jail, death or abuse? Could this be levied against their loved ones? Or could it be purely a financial decision? Nobody truly knows and none of those fake woke people ever think about putting themselves in his shoes to figure out how they would handle that situation, as all these fake woke people never had to deal with real situations or life and death scenarios or other very serious situations. They all sit back and judge while sitting in a nice democracy where they take freedom for granted and never had to worry about anything or fight for anything. Not everyone around the world has that luxury remember that when you think about pointing fingers. People do things differently for a reason and not all the time are they doing it because they want to. This is the same reason why obviously abusive dictatorships thrive and survive like north Korea, because the people there have to weigh in and calculate if a revolt/civil war is worth the sacrifice involved and not everyone will agree on the price to pay. The same metric goes through Jackson's and anyone's mind when considering a serious move.

I think this is the first thing we have agreed upon.

• I think there is also a lot of pressure from the Chinese government to publicly express support for things like this. It's a repressive regime at the moment, so there can be real consequences for not kowtowing.

So it's quite hard to know whether celebrities who publicly back it are actually expressing these beliefs, or are trying to save themselves/ their families.

For example, Dilraba Dilmurat, who is Uyghur herself, publicly expressed support for the trading done in that region.

• I don't think people here are ready for that convo.. I saw what happened in the old forum discussing about Hong Kong protest..

• I don't think people here are ready for that convo.. I saw what happened in the old forum discussing about Hong Kong protest..

They're never ready for any China related convo without labelling China fact checkers 50 cent/ccp shill. This thread title is just so painfully ignorant that i couldn't resist.

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!