VICTORIA WHO CANCELLED HER CONTRACT WITH H&M AFTER THEY ANNOUNCED THAT THEY WON'T BE USING COTTON FROM XINJIANG ANYMORE
T/N: H&M released a statement saying that they will stop using cotton from Xinjiang in support of the Uyghur community living there. Here's an excerpt from NY times: H&M said that it was “deeply concerned by reports from civil society organizations and media that include accusations of forced labor and discrimination of ethno-religious minorities” in Xinjiang and that it had stopped buying cotton from growers in the region. More than eight months later, in the wake of sanctions by Western countries against China for its treatment of Uyghurs, H&M is facing online backlash from Chinese consumers. (read more here)
"H&M, China's rebellion against the boycott of Xinjiang products"
After H&M, a world-class fashion brand, announced their boycott of Xinjiang products, accusing China Xinjiang's abuse on the Uyghurs' human rights, Victoria announced that she will cut ties with the company.
Article from last October:
"Global fashion brand 'H&M' presents a collaborative collection with actress and singer Victoria Song.
This 'Inspired by Victoria Song' collection consists of costumes inspired by her fashion style, and Victoria is also a direct campaign model, drawing more attention. This collection is designed for the modern woman who wants to express herself and reflects a commitment to sustainability and a minimalist style."
Let's try to translate her statement?
"The country's interests are ahead of anything else, and I firmly reject all acts of stigmatization against China, and I firmly oppose acts of desecration and profanity against the country and its people through such commercial means." (T/N: if anyone can read Chinese, please let us know in the comments!)
Her past's whereabouts...
People are currently fighting in the Weibo's trending topics
"9. Taobao about HM's products
10. HM. Communist Youth League of China nomination
15. Catching breath (?) with Victoria. Stops HM"
original post: here
1. As expected from the CCP
2. I didn't know what Victoria was doing nowadays.. sigh ㅋ
3. F*cking funny, what are they doing?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. That's why I'm boycotting all of the artists under SM who is infatuated with China and YG who sold the country to China
5. China is pulling off a China soㅋㅋ
6. Seriously, stop accepting Chinese and Japanese kids just because they look pretty. We seriously need a system to verify their ideologies before we accept them ㅡㅡ do you really think that they want to hit big and get their names known in Korea? From the beginning, all they want to do is to debut in their country. They f*cking stab our backs
7. All Chinese celebrities are like that ㅋㅋㅋ even so, there are still Koreans who like them
8. Seriously detestable
9. They need to experience the Uyghurs' oppression themselves. They are not human
10. Does she have any shame? Seriously...
11. Victoria is still under SM?
12. SM's connections are impressive
13. ☆H&M is a good company☆