Victoria who cancelled her contract with H&M after they announced that they won't be using cotton from Xinjiang anymore

• VICTORIA WHO CANCELLED HER CONTRACT WITH H&M AFTER THEY ANNOUNCED THAT THEY WON'T BE USING COTTON FROM XINJIANG ANYMORE

T/N: H&M released a statement saying that they will stop using cotton from Xinjiang in support of the Uyghur community living there. Here's an excerpt from NY times: H&M said that it was “deeply concerned by reports from civil society organizations and media that include accusations of forced labor and discrimination of ethno-religious minorities” in Xinjiang and that it had stopped buying cotton from growers in the region. More than eight months later, in the wake of sanctions by Western countries against China for its treatment of Uyghurs, H&M is facing online backlash from Chinese consumers. (read more here)

image.png
    "H&M, China's rebellion against the boycott of Xinjiang products"

After H&M, a world-class fashion brand, announced their boycott of Xinjiang products, accusing China Xinjiang's abuse on the Uyghurs' human rights, Victoria announced that she will cut ties with the company.

image.png
    Article from last October:
    "Global fashion brand 'H&M' presents a collaborative collection with actress and singer Victoria Song.

This 'Inspired by Victoria Song' collection consists of costumes inspired by her fashion style, and Victoria is also a direct campaign model, drawing more attention. This collection is designed for the modern woman who wants to express herself and reflects a commitment to sustainability and a minimalist style."

image.png
    Let's try to translate her statement?

image.png
    "The country's interests are ahead of anything else, and I firmly reject all acts of stigmatization against China, and I firmly oppose acts of desecration and profanity against the country and its people through such commercial means." (T/N: if anyone can read Chinese, please let us know in the comments!)

Her past's whereabouts... ^^
    image.png

image.png

People are currently fighting in the Weibo's trending topics
    image.png
    "9. Taobao about HM's products
    10. HM. Communist Youth League of China nomination
    15. Catching breath (?) with Victoria. Stops HM"

original post: here

1. As expected from the CCP

2. I didn't know what Victoria was doing nowadays.. sigh ㅋ

3. F*cking funny, what are they doing?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. That's why I'm boycotting all of the artists under SM who is infatuated with China and YG who sold the country to China

5. China is pulling off a China soㅋㅋ

6. Seriously, stop accepting Chinese and Japanese kids just because they look pretty. We seriously need a system to verify their ideologies before we accept them ㅡㅡ do you really think that they want to hit big and get their names known in Korea? From the beginning, all they want to do is to debut in their country. They f*cking stab our backs

7. All Chinese celebrities are like that ㅋㅋㅋ even so, there are still Koreans who like them

8. Seriously detestable

9. They need to experience the Uyghurs' oppression themselves. They are not human

10. Does she have any shame? Seriously...

11. Victoria is still under SM?

12. SM's connections are impressive

13. H&M is a good company

14. Goosebumps

• "The country's interests are ahead of anything else, and I firmly reject all acts of stigmatization against China, and I firmly oppose acts of desecration and profanity against the country and its people through such commercial means."

Oh cut the crap, as if we don't know she is doing all the nationalist propaganda for money and to avoid being canceled.

• that's the issue with chinese idols.

Though i dont want to bring politics into music, somehow these chinese idols are hard to escape from the constant conflict revolving China

• This doesn’t surprise me a single bit since she’s always been one of the most vocal and consistent idols about her support for the CCP and its atrocities for almost as long as her idol career lol. Yall better hope your chinese idols keep their mouths shut in order not to expose their arse for the whole world to see :teeheek:

• She's a true supporter of Uyghurs unlike the Kpop fans cancelling her

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

https://thegrayzone.com/2020/0…o-arms-industry-cold-war/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!