Nothing truer has been spoken.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I don't think that argument works the way you're thinking. This is like comparing Beyonce or Taylor Swift to Olivia Rodrigo. All they have to do is drop a link on Twitter and it's already in front of more eyes than more than half of the kpop industry.

• I don't think that argument works the way you're thinking. This is like comparing Beyonce or Taylor Swift to Olivia Rodrigo. All they have to do is drop a link on Twitter and it's already in front of more eyes than more than half of the kpop industry.

Gaining immediate visibility has never meant that a song will be a hit automatically. All songs will perform differently.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Gaining immediate visibility has never meant that a song will be a hit automatically. All songs will perform differently.

But being a song from the biggest act in the country means that it's going to be heard and seen by a massive amount of people even if they literally do nothing except upload it on a streaming service. Even if the song isn't promoted at all, if one of the biggest artists in the country drops a song most people are going to check it out and if the song is good then it will naturally become a hit.

• But being a song from the biggest act in the country means that it's going to be heard and seen by a massive amount of people even if they literally do nothing except upload it on a streaming service. Even if the song isn't promoted at all, if one of the biggest artists in the country drops a song most people are going to check it out and if the song is good then it will naturally become a hit.

2x<-- you

• But being a song from the biggest act in the country means that it's going to be heard and seen by a massive amount of people even if they literally do nothing except upload it on a streaming service. Even if the song isn't promoted at all, if one of the biggest artists in the country drops a song most people are going to check it out and if the song is good then it will naturally become a hit.

Ok.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Established artists have never needed promo. Promo is either for fans benefit. (Helps fandom be satisfied) or for artists who still depend on getting visibility.

This tweet is actually not saying anything other than that BTS is popular. It doesn’t mean others don’t need promo to be successful quite a narrow minded and wrong take lol.

Another thing is also the type of promo. BTS always seem to be in the news doing something or the other. To their fans this content may not even be required. While many acts literally have nothing else other than comeback promo.

Instead of posting condescending takes like this Massive just post about BTS being successful.

• How is this condescending??? I didn't even mention another artists, you're reading way too much into this.

This is a post about BTS being successful...

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• This is a weird take, but this dude will link anything together, so...

I think its the right take, because that's what I think they meant.

And I also notice they haven't replied to you, so they are staying away.

Mate, maybe, this time? You are wrong?

Just floating it out there.

In my opinion at least, they were agreeing with you and feeling bad about BP.

But hell, I might be wrong as well. I ain't a mind reader.

• This tweet goes along with users in this forum making fun of other acts' needing music show promotions to rise on the charts

Well, shit. That's not why I posted it.

Yall know I love to make posts about BTS charting, regardless of whatever topic is going around.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Mate, maybe, this time? You are wrong?

Just floating it out there.

In my opinion at least, they were agreeing with you and feeling bad about BP.

But hell, I might be wrong as well. I ain't a mind reader.

This isn't about BP either, why are the replies to OP so combative??

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• They're already super established artists so they don't really...need promotion because their name alone is that promotion if that makes sense.

Yes, that's the whole reason why I posted this. No other nefarious reason that people think, damn. This is bothering me that my intention is being misconstrued so easily.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I kinda disagree with the comments here a bit

When you announce you are releasing a new song, sure with BTS its a headliner, but its a head liner for the people who actively follow new releases, and BTSs base listeners. Those are the people who will listen to the song first and decide if they like it or not.

With promos they could reach further than their base listeners and the casual followers, and hence a bigger song in terms of success for them

♢ BTS ♢ RED VELVET ♢ STAYC ♢ ITZY ♢ I'VE ♢ 

bf8564d98af24361d0590896c941048f9c781516.gifv 113c3e0e8e47532a0f6e02950f2765764a166a8c.gifv ea538e39aff2514e678056be42c87abdbaefb377.gifv

• How is this condescending??? I didn't even mention another artists, you're reading way too much into this.

Don’t play dumb the tweet is literally saying “no promotion agenda” ain’t working in the “scene”. The OP of the tweet is talking about the scene I.e the tweet is for shading others not praising BTS. And that’s why you posted it as well to shade others.

At least own up that you posted a shady condescending tweet. The words are literally right there.

Free world you can still post this. But this thread and the original tweet are 100% shady and meant to put down others.

Dude, do you even realise the hypocrisy coming off that one? Attacking you for being condescending, the lack of self awareness or maybe its just projection, I mean :cryingr:

Don't bother massive, this thread is a clear example of how kpoppies roll. They will all cry about their faves not getting enough promo but damn if Armys say that BTS had legit zero promo on release in Korea, you hear this bullshit. As if having promo does not exceedingly improve chart performance for every artist be it a BTS or an Adele or an Ed Sheeran.

• I think, at least to me, you first reply was kinda harsh?

You went to fighting straight away instead of talking?

I dunno, as I said, a feeling I had.

He just posted a gif of crying Jungkook and said he was being nice but this post might make him stop. I didn't ask him to be nice or mean to me, that's his hubris talking.

And he always sticks his nose in and has dumb takes about BTS that always get proven false, so yes I'm salty to see him being the first reply.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• He just posted a gif of crying Jungkook and said he was being nice but this post might make him stop. I didn't ask him to be nice or mean to me, that's his hubris talking.

And he always sticks his nose in and has dumb takes about BTS that always get proven false, so yes I'm salty to see him being the first reply.

I mean....be salty I guess?

But also, I think you have a fan/stalker.

Maybe talk to him? I think he's in love with you or something.

After all, love and hate are extremely close together.

• I kinda disagree with the comments here a bit

When you announce you are releasing a new song, sure with BTS its a headliner, but its a head liner for the people who actively follow new releases, and BTSs base listeners. Those are the people who will listen to the song first and decide if they like it or not.

With promos they could reach further than their base listeners and the casual followers, and hence a bigger song in terms of success for them

BTS's base listeners are a generous portion of the country at this point.

Again this is comparable to Beyoncé or Taylor Swift or Adele... all of which do much less promo work than their peers because they have name recognition and a widespread fanbase. When one of those artists release a song it isn't just included in a music roundup... it's an actual news story.

The tweet could have ended at "Damn it's amazing that BTS charted multiple songs at #1 with no promo" before it got to the unnecessary shade part.

• Don’t play dumb the tweet is literally saying “no promotion agenda” ain’t working in the “scene”. The OP of the tweet is talking about the scene I.e the tweet is for shading others not praising BTS. And that’s why you posted it as well to shade others.

At least own up that you posted a shady condescending tweet. The words are literally right there.

Free world you can still post this. But this thread and the original tweet are 100% shady and meant to put down others.

The first part of the tweet is all I'm concerned with when it comes to this thread. It's amazing that BTS can chart so well and they don't perform their songs in Korea until an award show comes up.

I believe that the tweet means that people who make fun of BTS charting (which is dumb itself) need to sit back and realize they do it now without needing to go on music or variety shows; that has proven to be extremely hard and few acts can do that. You're reaching with the take that OP is making fun of people for not bowing down to BTS....

And you are not telling me what my intentions are in posting something, you don't have that power or privilege. No one does. The audacity to come in my thread and start lecturing me when I'm rarely ever shady, and even when I am, I don't make threads about it. I never have.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I mean....be salty I guess?

But also, I think you have a fan/stalker.

Maybe talk to him? I think he's in love with you or something.

After all, love and hate are extremely close together.

He and Drew sit at the same lunch table when it comes to debating me lmao

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Don't really see how the thread was meant to be shady in any way.

I can see why some people take it as shading (especially with the "no promotion agenda" comment, which I think was a bit unnecessary) but I don't think OP had any ill intentions posting this. He simply wanted to make a point that BTS are BIG enough to have their songs smash without any promotion. As we all know promotion usually helps charting and visibility for many acts, it's impressive that BTS haven't stepped on a single music show to promote many of their songs and yet they still manage to do well. This is usually only the case for top-tier acts like IU. It's not that hard to understand really.

Don't you think it's impressive Dynamite broke all the records it did with it being an English song that they didn't promote at all? There's absolutely nothing wrong with the thread.

Y'all love to drive out harmless users and then complain that the forum is toxic lmao. The random hate against Massive of all people...

• BTS's base listeners are a generous portion of the country at this point.

Again this is comparable to Beyoncé or Taylor Swift or Adele... all of which do much less promo work than their peers because they have name recognition and a widespread fanbase. When one of those artists release a song it isn't just included in a music roundup... it's an actual news story.

The tweet could have ended at "Damn it's amazing that BTS charted multiple songs at #1 with no promo" before it got to the unnecessary shade part.

I posted this because of the "Damn it's amazing" part, I can't erase part of the tweet...and I don't think the tweet is shady in the first place.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• The first part of the tweet is all I'm concerned with when it comes to this thread. It's amazing that BTS can chart so well and they don't perform their songs in Korea until an award show comes up.

I believe that the tweet means that people who make fun of BTS charting need to sit back and realize they do it now without needing to go on music or variety shows, that is proven to be extremely hard and few acts can do that.

And you are not telling me what my intentions are in posting something, you don't have that power or privilege. No one does. The audacity to come in my thread and start lecturing me when I'm rarely ever shady, and even when I am, I don't make threads about it. I never have.

“I posted it for the first part” lol?? You ignored the shady second part? If you can’t erase part of the tweet then don’t post the tweet lol?

You’re one of shadiest users on this site massive I just don’t bother calling you out cuz I don’t care that much. You can continue being shady all you like.

But you pretending this tweet is not shady is hilarious. Anyway carry on. I accidently clicked on this post when I should have scrolled past.

• I posted this because of the "Damn it's amazing" part, I can't erase part of the tweet...and I don't think the tweet is shady in the first place.

And it's fine if you don't, but it's pretty obviously shady to me.

Is there some kind of "BTS isn't successful in SK because they don't promote there" narrative that I've missed?

• This thread contains 655 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!