Stayc's company has been acquired by Kakao M

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

they now own two of the biggest 2020 rookies with a very promising future, stayc and weeekly. I hope nothing changes in their management , High Up is doing a great job promoting them.

I read CJ and Kakao are beefing rn so that's probably the reason we aren't going to see stayc on m countdown or even Road to Queendom (if that happens)

also, which other companies are part of KakaoM? I know starship, tbz company and playm are, so they are already building their future money-makers with the rookie ggs and tbz/cravity under them

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

they now own two of the biggest 2020 rookies with a very promising future, stayc and weeekly. I hope nothing changes in their management , High Up is doing a great job promoting them.

I read CJ and Kakao are beefinig rn so that's probably the reason we aren't going to see stayc on m countdown or even Road to Queendom (if that happens)

CJENM's beef with Kakao could be the real reason why Izone was disbanded. FUCK THEM BOTH.

That being said, this is good for Stayc for sure. Kakao is huge, with 5x the revenue of HYBE and orders of magnitude larger than JYP, YGE, etc.

• Well EDAM aka IU's company is also under Kakao M

Kakao wants to go full global with IPO

so it's understandable that they're acquiring this and that.

And with how things are with Spotify on the Korean market at least for next years we can be sure that Melon will still dominate in terms of apps/charts. And also they have Kakao Talk which even with those foreign giant companies still is and will be most popular message/chat app between Koreans.

External Content www.youtube.com

• I don't think there should be any problems with them appearing on Mnet shows. The Boyz still appear on MCountdown (got two wins there for their last comeback even) and appeared on two Mnet survival shows (RTK and Kingdom). Weeekly also regularly appear on MCountdown and so do the Starship artists.

Heck, Starship even had the shadiest underdealings with CJ for the Produce franchise, managing to shoehorn their artists as mentors/judges (Soyou, Jooheon) and even MCs (Lee Dongwook) on the show apart from getting their trainees to do well.

The only issue StayC might face is that CJ used to own majority shares in HighUp until BEP bought them out only to sell them to Kakao. It might be an ego problem for CJ, but I still don't think StayC appearing on Mnet shows will be affected.

• I don't think there should be any problems with them appearing on Mnet shows. The Boyz still appear on MCountdown (got two wins there for their last comeback even) and appeared on two Mnet survival shows (RTK and Kingdom). Weeekly also regularly appear on MCountdown and so do the Starship artists.

Heck, Starship even had the shadiest underdealings with CJ for the Produce franchise, managing to shoehorn their artists as mentors/judges (Soyou, Jooheon) and even MCs (Lee Dongwook) on the show apart from getting their trainees to do well.

Starship artists don't appear on M Countdown anymore after Monsta X decline Kingdom offer.

WJSN, and WJSN The Black didn't perform on M Countdown!

As for STAYC they also ain't performing there because HighUp was a joint venture between BEP and CJ E&M but then BEP bought out shares from CJ E&M, which probably made some people there mad. So since debut STAYC didn't perform in M Countdown.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Edam , the label of IU is also under Kakao

wow, they have one of the biggest names ever under them...

CJENM's beef with Kakao could be the real reason why Izone was disbanded. FUCK THEM BOTH.

That being said, this is good for Stayc for sure. Kakao is huge, with 5x the revenue of HYBE and orders of magnitude larger than JYP, YGE, etc.

it could be good for brand reputation but I have read many complaint from playm groups fans. they aren't happy with the way their faves got promoted and how limited in control the company got. for example, they merged them with fave ent. as if nothing to debut weeekly.

I hope they don't use stayc recent popularity to promote an undebuted group they have under other agency

• Starship artists don't appear on M Countdown anymore after Monsta X decline Kingdom offer.

WJSN, and WJSN The Black didn't perform on M Countdown!

As for STAYC they also ain't performing there because HighUp was a joint venture between BEP and CJ E&M but then BEP bought out shares from CJ E&M, which probably made some people there mad. So since debut STAYC didn't perform in M Countdown.

Right, but Starship artists only stopped appearing after the Kingdom rejection. Weird because Nu'est still appear despite being in the news for declining Kingdom lol.

But just saying, simply being a part of Kakao is not a reason for their artists to stop appearing on Mnet shows. There are plenty of Kakao artists who still go.

• wow, they have one of the biggest names ever under them...

it could be good for brand reputation but I have read many complaint from playm groups fans. they aren't happy with the way their faves got promoted and how limited in control the company got. for example, they merged them with fave ent. as if nothing to debut weeekly.

I hope they don't use stayc recent popularity to promote an undebuted group they have under other agency

Yeah Kakao M is one of the biggest company in Korea, even bigger than SM, JYP etc...

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Maybe this photo is foretelling the future after all :

External Content twitter.com

The Future of K-Pop

weekly-members-profile-mainpage.jpg

• CJENM's beef with Kakao could be the real reason why Izone was disbanded. FUCK THEM BOTH.

Das grosse Fressen geht weiter.

Next victim besides IZ*ONE was GFriend.

After HYBE overtook Source Music in 2010 all kpop fans thougt a new Hype for GFriend under HYBE would CAME Up.

But the disappointment was great as GFriend has announced disbandment (two days before it's contract run out)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!