NCT127 as the best Boy Group

• receipt N°1: Vocals

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

receipt N°2: Dance skills, charisma and Choreography

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

receipt N°3: Rap

receipt N°4: Music Quality

External Content open.spotify.com

receipt N°5: visuals

receipt N°6: Variety skills

the way this comeback cemented this fact :pepe-toast:

• I still can't tell if it's the newness or not, but Sticker still feels like their best album. I do wish it had a MarkYong track but maybe we'll get that with the comeback.

Also that mafia dance was so funny

• I think you meant:"NCT is the best."

:yesr::eyebrowsr:

NCT is the best but 127 is the best of the best :pepelove2:

I still can't tell if it's the newness or not, but Sticker still feels like their best album. I do wish it had a MarkYong track but maybe we'll get that with the comeback.

Also that mafia dance was so funny

I don't know but i kinda agree? I mean about Sticker being their best album. Maybe i'll have to wait and see if it will survive the challenge of time like Neo Zone (spoiler: it will)

• Taste!

Did you listen to Neo Zone? Don't you think that Promise You sounds like the younger less emo sibling of Not Alone? :pepelove2:

of course I did...you do realise I am probably the only one here (non-NZTzen) that has listened to NCT (all groups) entire discography right? it's in the guild somewhere...

hmmm...interesting no wonder it reminded me of something I have to listen to them side by side to compared...

• Bold of you to say it out loud, but I agree.

I'm usually a non-loyal adhd type of person who cycles through groups really fast. Have at some point been interested in almost every other popular boy group out there but Nct has held my interest for more than a year now and this shocks me. Nct is so fun and varied and talented and cute and perfect. And 127 is my personal fave out of all the units. Their personalities are so strong and distinct.

Yuta: people always thinks he's intimidating because of that fierce glare and he's a straight talker. But he always plays along with Jungwoo's antics and super affectionate with his faves. Reads a lot, have deep thoughts and naturally athletic. Can actually sing and dance well.

tumblr_ou68ufDDlY1w7wsr0o1_400.gif

Johnny: the guy from Chicago who's super chill, smooth talker, witty, good at keeping a conversation going, fun-loving, creative, likes to try new things (a trait he got from his mother who has the exact same vibe as him whenever she pops up in vlogs or phone calls). He's like the fun dad of the group.

b7c671b052e42406d14960fe815fe5dc181307e2_hq.gif

Taeyong: Fierce during performances and soft when off duty, especially in his vlives with fans. Super passionate about work, strong work ethic. Always looking for the producers to discuss things, opened his own soundcloud to upload his music which is actually really good. Initiatively asks labelmates to sing his songs. Sm is notorious for not supporting their idols' music producing interests but Taeyong just keeps pushing. His passion, drive and sense of responsibility is admirable.

original.gif

External Content youtu.be

Doyoung: The fastidious, responsible, clean, bunny guy with a beautiful voice. He helps out their manager a lot, likes mingling with staff and thus have the inside goss on the admin side of things regarding the group, which I personally find so funny for some reason. Members love teasing him because he reacts so funnily. His voice is so nice. When he was on masked singer as a young rookie, he impressed the judges so much and a judge said that "his voice is seasoned with something unique", and I agree.

original.gif

Jaehyun: chill, unbothered king in the midst of chaos is the running joke among fans when it comes to describing his personality. He's a visual who's also a main vocalist. Usually very supportive and respectful to his hyungs until his competitive streak comes out during games. Subtly witty but his word jokes usually fly over the heads of the people he's with (denMARK, husBAND, etc if you know you know). Beautiful baritone and fun fact has the highest vocal range in the team.

jaehyun-nct.gif

Loooove the way he says lemonade here lol.

Taeil: The members adore him. He's the oldest but he never throws his weight around and I think he really lets the younger members forget that they're supposed to treat him like a hyung as typical Korean culture dictates. He's a very comfortable presence and low-key. Loves to cook. Banters with Jungwoo with silly wordplay and keeps up (Jungwoo is amazing with wordplay). And his voice is soooo good. Apparently he was accepted into a good Korean university and at the last minute, chose to risk it with Sm instead. I hope Sm promotes him more.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f356b5a646b494672394a616e66673d3d2d3435382e313632346162393661336565303231373531393034333533303238382e676966

Jungwoo: This guy is so unique. I want a best friend like him. He's funny, sensitive, smart. I love how he doesn't make jokes by shitting on other people like how some comedians in Korean entertainment normally do. I feel like he's a person who likes to lift people up and the atmosphere is always so positive when he's around. He's not just a variety talent but when he debuted with Boss, people were going crazy over his part because his voice sounds so good. Plus, he can dance (basically all of nct can dance well lol).

3b6473ac997547b162f4fa46b72fd371af51645d.gifv

Mark: he's really like a real life Peter Parker. He's this super talented, wholesome Canadian-nice boy who can actually rap. He also has this natural endearing dorkiness to him that I think makes him such a favourite with so many members in nct. Winwin and Mark are probably the two most adored members in nct. I think if you ever wanted to write a book on how to win friends and be popular, you just need to study these two. Theres just something so disarming about Mark (and Winwin for that matter). Chenle said that he wants his son to be like Mark. Kai said that he wants a younger brother like Mark. Yuta is in love with Mark. Sm's best rapper and he keeps getting better. Voted by sm peers as most hardworking.

tumblr_prbmrtlYXQ1w7wsr0o1_400.gifv

Haechan: whippersnapper, sassy maknae who loves to troll his hyungs, especially Doyoung; but often cited by younger and newer members as a hyung who takes care of them well. When they play games, you can see how smart and sharp he is. Gift of the gab, can speak well, quick reflexes. To me, this guy just exudes cleverness. Would not want to play against him in games. Super nice vocal colour, handles the tricky vocal parts in Dream and his moves when he dances is always so fluid and sharp.

haechan-nct.gif

I knew staff would pick him as mafia here because he would survive so well.

• Bold of you to say it out loud, but I agree.

OH MY GOD THIS IS SO PERFECT :pepelove1:

I'm not being bold or anything, it's just that I stan NCT so of course I think they are the best, if I didn't I wouldn't stan them lol. Actually they're the only group that interested me in the past decade.

I want to comment on what you said about Jungwoo lifting people up, I absolutely agree but I want to extend that to the rest of the 127 members. This was one of the things that stood out the most to me when I started watching 127's content, they're so supportive of each other, they're always complimenting and lifting each other up and even when they're teasing a member it's always harmless and in good faith. This is not something you see very often in kpop, it was one of the reasons I fell for them quickly. These guys are very respectful and wholesome :pepelove1:

butterbutterfly  @quark12395  the101  NEO you guys must see this post

• This is so wonderful to read. You covered every member so well. I am legitimately surprised by how much I've grown to love the members in such a short time. They're a special bunch, that's for sure.

Thank you so much for posting this! This was a nice dose of positivity when I really needed it. 2x

• Thank you for this post. <3<3

• What a beautiful post, very well put. Thank you. <3<3<3

• SME is really good at training their people to hold a note. The best of the BIG-3 when it comes to singing.

I don't think SME has showcased that in a way that has been d0pe for NCT. They have a few, but not enough to make me talk about the tracks like some of the other guy groups on the SM roster. I really would. I think it's "doable" too for NCT, but it seems as if it's not a priority to show all of NCTs "colors" at a "magnum opus" level. Their choreo could be d0per too, but if 👉💰 is the first and only goal, they are going to keep doing what they do and how they have been doing it.

When it comes to "Sticker" as a song, I think the failure was how NCT's writing team approached the track. In my opinion, the instrumental is designed to highlight the rap bars and cadences by not being so strong that it takes focus and shine away from whatever is being said. Trust, this happens often. Some solid sing-rapping would have actually been cool too because it shows off how rap cadence is like "rhythmic season salt".

• but if 👉💰 is the first and only goal, they are going to keep doing what they do and how they have been doing it.

Except they have been doing this for many years where they have been flops and non profitable. NCT was practically the slowest SM boy group to catch on and they never tried to change their style to become more friendly and less polarising. They're literally the opposite of the sell-out insinuation you're making.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!