I don't think Gp999 final line up would be as popular as produce series

• Next year, the competition is huge. There are few girl groups from big company that will be debut like hybengg,ssngg,jypngg,ygngg and so on. Tbh, I think they choose the wrong year to debut as they will getting outshine by all these new groups who people already anticipated since a long time.

• Ehh people said this with IOI & IZ*One and they ended up being top groups anyway

Not saying it’s guaranteed for GP999 GG, but it’s hard to not see them keep up. Especially with the right lineup & songs

• Ehh people said this with IOI & IZ*One and they ended up being top groups anyway

Not saying it’s guaranteed for GP999 GG, but it’s hard to not see them keep up. Especially with the right lineup & songs

But this time all the big companies decided to debuting their gg where all the attention is not only on them. For ex, hybe and yg gonna debut their ngg which people already wait for years, and they coming from the same company with the most popular kpop act already secure them hype for their debut. Aespa is also become the main attention nowadays. I think comparing to ioi and izone, they have really hectic year to debut. On top of that, they have least hype compare to those produce series.

• IOI debuted on the same year as Blackpink and when gfriend and twice started to get big. Competition isn't their main problem, the lack of interest in Korea is

I mean bp is half boycott because what happen to 2ne1. As for twice and gfriend, now we have aespa and itzy, even g-idle. I am not saying ioi and izone has no competition but next year definitely full house for the gg. They seems on the lower tier of among all the competition.

• But this time all the big companies decided to debuting their gg where all the attention is not only on them. For ex, hybe and yg gonna debut their ngg which people already wait for years, and they coming from the same company with the most popular kpop act already secure them hype for their debut. Aespa is also become the main attention nowadays. I think comparing to ioi and izone, they have really hectic year to debut. On top of that, they have least hype compare to those produce series.

I.o.I made their debut the same year Twice and G-friend were getting huge traction and let's not forget Balckpink made their debut that year too also Red velvet and Mamamoo were there the problem with Gp999 is that the trainees that are there don't have the stare power you don't see someone like Sumin there or a Sakura there's no Chungha type of trainee or Yoojung the trainees are good but they all lack something whenever i watch the episodes i feel like something is missing

• I.o.I made their debut the same year Twice and G-friend were getting huge traction and let's not forget Balckpink made their debut that year too also Red velvet and Mamamoo were there the problem with Gp999 is that the trainees that are there don't have the stare power you don't see someone like Sumin there or a Sakura there's no Chungha type of trainee or Yoojung the trainees are good but they all lack something whenever i watch the episodes i feel like something is missing

I still stand with my opinion but yes I do agree they lack of charisma and personality. Even with the current top ranking, nobody actually really stand out like the produce series, everyone seems replaceable. And they look too passive, I guess?

• I still stand with my opinion but yes I do agree they lack of charisma and personality. Even with the current top ranking, nobody actually really stand out like the produce series, everyone seems replaceable. And they look too passive, I guess?

Yep there isn't enough energy and personality I've seen some people compare Bahiyyih and Myha to Somi and i was how the hell do you see that Somi is way out of there league when she was on pd101 she literally ate up the stage and people like to shit on Wonyeong but the girl had all the charisma and star power to be on the final line up i can pick like one or two trainees form gp999 that kind of come close to the trainees from pd101 and pd48

ShufenShufen

Edited once, last by nana18 ().

• I mean bp is half boycott because what happen to 2ne1. As for twice and gfriend, now we have aespa and itzy, even g-idle. I am not saying ioi and izone has no competition but next year definitely full house for the gg. They seems on the lower tier of among all the competition.

Gp999 has aespa, itzy and stayc as main competition. g Idle sadly has the Soojin scandal and lack of group promos bringing them down.

IOI went against BP releasing boombayah, whistle and pwf, twice releasing cheer up and TT, and gfriend releasing rough, yet they still got two national hits (pick me and VVV). I'm also not taking into account red velvet and mamamoo releases that year, and all the 2nd ggs still active.

So if the gp999 group got enough attention before debut they could also compete against the 4th gen ggs, because being honest only aespa released a national hit this year. Isn't a problem of the year of debut or timing, but a problem of the show's own lack of popularity.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!