sad to see that most of the newer kpop fans don't recognize Kara...

• I'm talking about one of the forgotten groups of the 2nd gen.

Kara were arguably the fourth biggest girl group in the 2nd gen behind only WG, SNSD and 2NE1.

Kara was a girl group by DSP media that debuted in 2007 (which is fucking stacked... I mean, SNSD, Wonder girls and Ft island... two of the big three in this year) and were supposed to be the next Fin.Kl. Though they would end up changing concept and line ups they would eventually end up with a line up with Gyuri, Seugyeon, Goo Hara (R.I.P), Nicole and Ji young , the latter two would leave in 2014 and be replaced by Youngji.

They are the third best selling kpop girl group of all time behind only SNSD and Twice. Their sales in Japan are monstrous with them being the second best selling kpop girl group in Japan only behind Twice (one third of Twice's members are Japanese so its to be expected) and ahead of SNSD who are considered queens in Japan. They are fifth all time (Behind BTS, Twice, BoA and TVXQ) in Japan. They have also performed at the Tokyo dome being the first girl group to perform there, yes before SNSD, and are one of only of four girls groups to perform there along with SNSD, Twice and Blackpink. This would be reflected by the fact they got triple double and triple platinum multiple times in Japan.

In award shows they sadly never did that well, they won a few bonsangs and popularity awards. They are also the most popular group in my opinion to never win a daesang, which was shocking but seeing how big SNSD and 2NE1 are... its not surprising. However, they still have over 50 awards, how? Japan. They have won multiple awards at the Japanese golden disk awards, including a album of the year and two Asian artist of the year. They also won at the Korean International awards winning 9 awards in 2011, their accolades include, multiple top 5 international artists, kpop artist, jpop artists, and girl groups. As well as Best International artist, Best Jpop artist, Best Kpop artist and Best Female group as well as Most Popular. Not to mention that they also won best selling asian group (male and female) and best selling Asian female group (not just korea but all of asia) at the World Music Awards. These awards allows them to rank number 4 for most awards for female groups behind only SNSD, Twice and 2NE1. They are also number 10 for all kpop groups behind those three plus Big Bang, Suju, Shinee, TVXQ, EXO and BTS. Music shows have never been their strongest aspect, winning 26 making them rank number thirty for groups only (not counting soloist) and not doubling up the scores (meaning when one group has the same amount they still count as individual groups)

Kara is one of those groups that I feel are lost from that time due to the groups they fought against, SNSD, 2NE1 and Wonder Girls were always big and they were quite unlucky. Its sad though, that the most recognition that they got from late third gen and fourth gen fans was when Goo Hara committed suicide. What most of those fans did not know is that she was not just any girl group member, but a legend in the industry that helped pioneer Kpop in Japan that got horribly mistreated. Rest In Piece Goo Hara, miss you so much, thank you for what you did for Kamilia and the industry.

• What's their biggest song for me to listen?

Mr. And Step

This version below is the Japanese one

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• What's their biggest song for me to listen?

not their biggest but some of my fav

External Content www.youtube.com

• I just find it weird that no one covers them anymore. Like WG, 2ne1, snsd,tara are all still covered by new ggs.

• Can't think about KARA without the "Wanna" and "Rock U" MVs popping up too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!