I notice a lot of fans are not interested to see any other asians besides EA and Thailand to be Kpop idols.

• Besides knetz who don't want any foreigners to become Kpop idols except their own, I feel international stans are not so innocent either. Maybe they are not as vocal as knetz are, but I see they typically ignore or saying comments like ''She or he don't fit Kpop standard'' etc. I'm gonna take two examples here:

Dita of Secret Number. She became the first indonesian Kpop idols(officially). They have a decent fanbase, but 90% are indonesians.

Another example is Hanbin of I-Land. The first vietnamese Kpop trainee on a korean survival show. At first, people bashed him because he have the same name as Ikon's Hanbin. Saying he's not worth it because he isn't korean or east asia. But over time, when he proved his talent on the show, people kinda forgot about that and cheered for him. Still, most of his fans are vietnamese and some filippinos.

I don't know, but I feel like the global fandom just want to keep Kpop like it was before and don't want to see changes. Korea, Japan, China, half-koreans and Thailand.

• Completely see your point. I remember seeing a comment on Reddit asking how come there aren't any Filipinos in K-Pop considering K-Pop is HUGE there and there were a lot of comments saying we're too dark, ugly, not "korean pretty". It was racist as hell.

~ ω

• it takes time right?

of the hundreds of kpop groups out there...you've mentioned one female idol and one male idol so the pool of non-CJK asian idols are still relatively small but with time hopefully it'll change...

• Well, Inetz are as much racists as knetz so yes. Actually we need to stop acting so superior when the same problem that happens with knetz it happens too in our international sns.

I don't really care about nationalities or things like this, but i also don't go bashing others bc of their nationality.

• I care in certain cases, like in Kaachi, it's not because they are foriegn but because of all the gross stuff

But I don't care in most cases, I probably don't even know they are foreign if they are doing it right. Like Lisa, I could tell she didn't LOOK korean but she acts Korean so it's not a problem.

And yes, the foreigners are allowed to keep their old traditions and stuff, I'm not saying they have to change themselves to become Korean, but I like it when the foreign idols work hard to fit in with the country they have chosen

• I care in certain cases, like in Kaachi, it's not because they are foriegn but because of all the gross stuff

But I don't care in most cases, I probably don't even know they are foreign if they are doing it right. Like Lisa, I could tell she didn't LOOK korean but she acts Korean so it's not a problem.

And yes, the foreigners are allowed to keep their old traditions and stuff, I'm not saying they have to change themselves to become Korean, but I like it when the foreign idols work hard to fit in with the country they have chosen

my friend we have out subforum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Completely see your point. I remember seeing a comment on Reddit asking how come there aren't any Filipinos in K-Pop considering K-Pop is HUGE there and there were a lot of comments saying we're too dark, ugly, not "korean pretty". It was racist as hell.

I still think there is untapped talent when it comes to Filipinos and Filipinas abroad and in the Philippines..grossly overlooked when it comes to singing and dancing.

I think people have forgotten about Lyle Beniga, a Filipino from my metro area who helped modernize K-Pop choreo. He worked with Taeyang, EXO, and BTS before; clearly some of the most influencial in K-Pop on the guy side.

As for "South Korean pretty", which is already ridiculously high, how many performers actually are without some kind of cosmetic surgery?

• International fans will only accept a Sea if they look Korean because if the fetish for Koreans, international fans like to clame that they will support any asian joining Kpop but as soon they don't fit the k standers they turn blind eyes on them a good example for that is Z-girls they're all Sea but they didn't get any following because for their looks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!