• Thread title 25

1. Batman (1989) (2) 8%
    2. Batman Returns (1992) (6) 24%
    3. Batman Forever (1995) (0) 0%
    4. Batman & Robin (1997) (2) 8%
    5. Batman Begins (2005) (3) 12%
    6. The Dark Knight (2008) (10) 40%
    7. The Dark Knight Rises (2012) (2) 8%

A spinoff thread from 2techs NCT album sales thread lol. Yes those who were there get the joke.

For me it's got to be...

BATMAN RETURNS (1992)

catwoman-in-batman-returns.jpg

Such a strange yet enchanting horror film this is.

Tim Burton was fresh off his smash hit "Edward Scissorhands" and practically remade that movie but used Batman characters this time.

It's far from perfect but it gets more right than wrong. The score, production design, costumes, sets, and performances are all 10/10.

What you got?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I have a soft spot for Batman & Robin even though it's considered a horrible movie. It was enjoyable enough for me back in the day. ^^

Wow! I did not expect Batman and Robin to be on the scoreboard this early lol

But hey no judging. I'll watch it just for Uma Thurman <3

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ^^ I mean, take my word with a grain of salt because I haven't seen the others fully and this one happens to be the most nostalgic for me. I watched it over and over again. If I saw the other ones in their entirety, my answer might be different.

In retrospect, Mr. Freeze is hilarious.

I understand. If I was a kid and had this movie on dvd or vhs I probably would have watched it on a nonstop loop.

And yes Mr. Freeze was so corny that he was actually funny. For some reason I always lol when he says to Bane "WOW a laundry service that delivers". Lmao so damn cheesy.

• the one with heath ledger as the joker...

dark knight rises?

No. That's just The Dark Knight. So close though lol

• Under the Red Hood is fantastic. I haven't seen Assault on Arkham.

• damn it I can't change my vote now...lol

How did you screw up something so simple??

• I don't watch Batman movies before 2000. I have to pick Batman Begins because it's one of my childhood movie

Why not? The 90s movies are cheesy fun.

• Who else voted for Batman and Robin lol??

emanresu what's your favorite?

• Who else voted for Batman and Robin lol??

emanresu what's your favorite?

Oh this is hard.

I love Batman (1989) and Batman Begins best. With a sort of side love of The Dark Knight.

If you would have asked me a few years ago I might have said Dark Knight for sure, as I am enthralled with Heath Ledger's joker, but after some distance the film as a whole goes more to a 3rd place for me.

Batman from 1989 is probably my #1 pick. It had my favorite atmosphere. The gothic darkness is absolutely wonderful and how I think Batman needs to be. Also it didn't get quite as goofy as Burton's later ones. It's struck this fine line between mysterious gothic terror and superhero magic. Also I like Michael Keaton as Batman best.

Batman Begins is overall my favorite of the Nolan Batmans. And I thought Liam Neeson's Ra's Al Gul was terrific. Overall love this one as the story and plot. It's my favorite of the Nolan's, and probably 2nd or 1st overall depending on my mood.

Dark Knight is my special case. I absolutely love Heath Ledgers Joker. And that tends to elevate it in my mind and I can get caught up in that portrayal. But I think after some distance of years I definitely like those other two as whole movies better. So 3rd.

• Begins is also my favorite of the Nolan films.

I love the first Batman also. For the same reasons you said. Keaton and Nicholson are so iconic in their roles.

• good job Drew_B , not letting Ves get away with being such a blatant Marvel fangirl! This time you won't stop the dark knight Ves!

you have to feel like a proud father, seing this thread!

Funny, I do like the Marvel universe way better than the Batman movies. They are too damned dark for me and Joker - dude I hate even normal clowns. So go ahead and blame the hater!

Though Batman was totally awesome in the LEGO movie.

tumblr_n0qojxZI8S1rhkd0no1_500.gif

• good job Drew_B , not letting Ves get away with being such a blatant Marvel fangirl! This time you won't stop the dark knight Ves!

you have to feel like a proud father, seing this thread!

If that thread got changed to "Spiderman talk" instead of "Batman talk" it would still be open lol

• For me its the Dark Knight, like mentioned already in the previous threads, the joker is just incredible here. But not only him, I also really liked the Harvey Dent performance and just so many iconic scenes overall.

Clsoe second for me is Returns. Again great villians with the Pinguin and Catwoman, they both did a fantastic job. The movie was dark, but also super fun at the same time. Never forget the rocket pinguins.

Third is probably Batman Forever for me :teeheek: I did not want to admit it yesterday, but I have a weak spot for this movie. I feel remember being really hyped before seing the first time and I loved Jim Carry back then, so I did not mind that he just played himself ^^"

Now to make myself a bit less popular, I really dislike Batman Begins. The movie really bored me to death.. I would never want to watch it voluntarily again. I'm also not the biggest fan of the first Batman movie somehow, despite the joker being in it. Its not that I dislike it like Begins, its just not a special movie for me like Dark Knight or Returns.

lalala123456 Babe look, a new thread for us :lovec:

• Nah, I hate Spiderman too actually. Iron Man FTW.

so we should have renamed it to Iron Man talk, but I feel like the downside of that, we had to actually talk about Iron Man :pepestare:

Although I have to say I like Tom Holland as Spiderman and as a complete aside I like him even more with Zendaya. Ok, enough celeb gossip for today, meeting time at real life work! Must. Stay. Gainfully. Employed.

Don't worry, your boss will understand that Batman was just too tempting and pardon your lack of diligence!

• I'll admit The Dark Knight is the best of the bunch. The stars aligned for A movie that amazing to happen.

Forever has its moments. Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones are HILARIOUS in this movie. They steal every scene their in. Definitely a guilty pleasure of mine.

I totally get it if Begins is not your thing. It is slow and almost doesn't even feel like a Batman movie because of the realism they aimed for. I prefer it the most though cause it's the first real movie about Bruce Wayne.

But Returns is my shit! It's so strange and surreal and doesn't even try to apologize for it (remember McDonald's banning this movie?). The snowy sets, the Christmas theme, Devitos devilish Penguin and Pfiffer's psychotic Catwoman. I'm all about some Batman Returns.

• But Returns is my shit! It's so strange and surreal and doesn't even try to apologize for it (remember McDonald's banning this movie?). The snowy sets, the Christmas theme, Devitos devilish Penguin and Pfiffer's psychotic Catwoman. I'm all about some Batman Returns.

no I'm not from the US, so I think I missed the part with McD °°""" what happend?

btw the christmas thing just reminds me... one of the things some people hate about the movie, batman actually kills some people, ignoring the one rule :wow:

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!