Why are Kpop stans the only group of fans called out for their toxicity when West pop stans are way worst?

• When it comes to Kpop stans, Some West pop stans will call Kpop stans toxic and negative, but I've seen worse coming from fan bases like Swifties, Little Monsters at least on ATRL and Twitter.

I've seen friendlier stans on here alone than I have on Reddit etc.

• They're all garbage, and you know why? Because they're all human. Wherever a mass amount of people gather, toxicity will inevitably appear. But the way they act like kpop stans are much worse is laughable. I guess they forgot about how they almost ruined the lives of celebs for reasons such as: thought a celeb was crazy, thought another celeb was sleeping with too many men (same people who claim to be feminists), so yeah. Garbage people exist everywhere because people exist everywhere.

i've heard racist remarks from some Little Monsters and Swiftie stans on ATRL towards Beyonce's stan base, it got really bad.

• Yeah I mean you know ppl like to shit on Kpop stans for being "toxic" OR especially K-netz.

Here in Vietnam, V-netz are amazingly salty and toxic too, but they always call some other countries toxic.

And USUK, I don't even know what to say. They are as toxic as hell. It exists everywhere.

The only thing we can do is to not get the toxicity into our bodies.

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• I won't beat around the bush and come to the point directly.

This happens mainly because of kpop fans themselves. "Average kpop fans" like to call out "toxic kpop fans". Have you seen that happen on western forums? Sports forums? Fashion forums? Anywhere? "Average fans" calling out "toxic fans". No, right?

Internet world has accepted and understood that there will be negativity you come across on the internet. It's on you how to handle it. Kpop fans themselves have chosen this way : "Calling out toxic fans". That's why media is also using it. While others have accepted this reality. Hence media isn't using them even though they are "toxic".

• like what others have said above...

some fans are toxic fans...are they representative of the whole? of course not? are they the majority? hopefully not...

• i think a part of it is b/c kpop is still a "new" thing to the general public in the west. because it's new to them, kpop stans and their actions stand out way more. they're used to artists like lady gaga, tswift, ari. so western pop stans don't really stand out. idk if that makes sense lol

i also feel like partially it's some racist, xenophobic thing? i've seen many times where ppl criticize toxic kpop fans and there are some underlying racist tones. if somebody already hates kpop and has racist feelings towards it, they're more likely to call out the toxic fans b/c it paints kpop and the korean artists in a bad light.

• Western stans and their pet kpop stans come together to call just one fandom toxic, if they are now calling y'all toxic as well after so many of you sucked their asses it's just deserved.

• I don't follow maintstream music so I don't know what the toxicity is like there but since I've become a fan of K pop I've come across many. I don't think I have ever followed any celebrities/heroes with as much nastiness and spite than what I've observed on K pop social media. They're certainly a breed of their own and not in a good way imo.

• I would say western fans are crazy but in wpop saesangs don't seem to be as much as a normal thing in current day(maybe in the 60s Beatles fangirls be crazy and other rock band mania) at least, even if they seem like a normalized thing in kpop.

• Cause they just bias'd as fuck.

They love to talk shit about how KPOP takes advantage of idols, etc etc

WHYDONTWE put a statement about how they were abused and controlled extensively and barely made a peep in the pophead world

• i've heard racist remarks from some Little Monsters and Swiftie stans on ATRL towards Beyonce's stan base, it got really bad.

absolutely pointless to start the "not all of *insert fandom name* are like that!" argument but it's a two way street. we can't sit and pretend like some k-pop fandoms haven't done the same to other POC artists. every fandom has bad apples just as horrible as the next one- western pop or not.

Edited once, last by FeLiNa ().

• I would say western fans are crazy but in wpop saesangs don't seem to be as much as a normal thing in current day(maybe in the 60s Beatles fangirls be crazy and other rock band mania) at least, even if they seem like a normalized thing in kpop.

please let me know if you ever see a wpop sasaeng bc i am genuinely wildly intrigued. you're right when you say it used to be somewhat of an issue back in the 60's, but i haven't seen any crazy fans recently other than the crazy dude breaking into taylor's house

Edited once, last by FeLiNa ().

• I won't beat around the bush and come to the point directly.

This happens mainly because of kpop fans themselves. "Average kpop fans" like to call out "toxic kpop fans". Have you seen that happen on western forums? Sports forums? Fashion forums? Anywhere? "Average fans" calling out "toxic fans". No, right?

Internet world has accepted and understood that there will be negativity you come across on the internet. It's on you how to handle it. Kpop fans themselves have chosen this way : "Calling out toxic fans". That's why media is also using it. While others have accepted this reality. Hence media isn't using them even though they are "toxic".

^

• I guess they're not as loud as K-pop stans, so people don't know it. Idgaf about pop, so I had no idea. I only learned about it after I looked at pop forums. But even before I was interested in K-pop I had already heard about the bad reputation of K-pop stans.

Tl;dr: it's because k-pop stan twitter is too loud

• barbz have to be the worst fanbase

stanning someone who defends rapists and pedophiles

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• I've seen friendlier stans on here alone than I have on Reddit etc.

thats because troll threads are allowed so the stans here are used to people clowning their faves and dont get as defensive

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• I'm sorry, but I actually think Kpop stans are worse. Though every fandom has toxicity, I've never seen it quite like Kpop. That may just be my experience. There is so much fanwars, racism, ignorance, and flat out lack of human decency in many Kpop stans (Not all ofc)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!