Busan police investigating Kwon Mina's claim of being sexually assaulted at 14

• 1. [+740, -32] We have to help change our society for the better so that people like her who choose to come forward are seen as brave

2. [+641, -12] The guy who did it is a father of three children today. Now their father will be branded as a sex criminal and he will reap what he sowed.

3. [+275, -36] Kwon Mina seems in urgent need of mental help

4. [+197, -2] Release his identity!

5. [+75, -5] Get every last one and penalize them harshly!

6. [+63, -2] In her childhood, she was assaulted by her father, then sexually assaulted by this man... the fact that she was afraid to report it means that rumors must've already spread throughout her school and she was being bullied over it. Even still, she kept training to be a singer and achieved her dream only to be bullied once again... I can see why she attempted suicide now. I, too, suffered from violence at home to bullying to sexual assault and theft and dealt with it through panic disorders, depression, alcohol addiction, suicide attempts... I hope that Kwon Mina gets the help she needs and that the criminals are all harshly penalized.

7. [+59, -14] She has been asking for help all this time, for someone to listen to her. She's been a victim all her life so please don't leave any hate comments. What if she reads it and does something extreme? You'll all just leave fake comments mourning her death. This isn't the first time we've experienced this with Sulli, Jonghyun, Goo Hara, and Choi Jin Shil in the past. Our country needs to learn how to understand mental illnesses. That's the only way we'll get away from being the OECD country with the #1 highest suicide rates. Our people are too selfish and materialistic.

8. [+30, -1] I'll admit I took her words with a grain of salt but I hope she's not lying this time. This is too big of a scandal otherwise... if she's found to have lied, she'll end up like Yoon Ji Oh.

9. [+26, -0] So her attacker is married and living a happy life... I wonder if his children know.. that their father is a sex criminal

10. [+25, -1] Mina-ssi, I support you. Find strength. The criminal must be brought to justice. I'm sure experiencing something like that so young must've been hell for you ㅠㅠ We must find out who they are

-

• It's so crazy how quickly people change their reactions about her. One story its overwhelmingly negative and now its overwhelmingly supportive. If this is true, I hope the investigation is successful and some justice can be served cause these are very serious allegations.

The thing is though she has been caught lying over and over and over again. So I think this is either a "boy who cried wolf" scenario" where she's told so many lies people wont believe her when she tells the truth, or she is lying to get sympathy points. It seems odd that she used his death to get sympathy from people, even doing a photoshoot where she put his death date on her body with mascara, but she is only just now revealing he abused her? It seems like a tactic to get people to pity her and it seems to be working. That being said, it could also be true so I'm glad the police are involved.

Regardless of the truth, it isn't fair that she has put all the blame for her mental health on Jimin. Clearly there are other things that have been affecting her much more than Jimin ever even could. If I had to guess, Jimin was probably not as comforting as the other members and Mina interpreted that as bullying. Jimin had high expectations for her groupmates and didn't like it when they didn't do their part. And every little spat they had was probably super dramatic in Mina's mind.

Edited once, last by Hopkinz ().

• 7. [+59, -14] She has been asking for help all this time, for someone to listen to her. She's been a victim all her life so please don't leave any hate comments. What if she reads it and does something extreme? You'll all just leave fake comments mourning her death. This isn't the first time we've experienced this with Sulli, Jonghyun, Goo Hara, and Choi Jin Shil in the past. Our country needs to learn how to understand mental illnesses. That's the only way we'll get away from being the OECD country with the #1 highest suicide rates. Our people are too selfish and materialistic.

It's somehow surprising to read some comments like these coming from Knetz.

• I hope she'll be okay..I don't really know what to think of her but if this is true, I hope she gets the justice she deserves for this. It's not fair to completely blame people for your mental health though they may have played a part, I hope she finds the proper help she needs<3

• It's so crazy how quickly people change their reactions about her. One story its overwhelmingly negative and now its overwhelmingly supportive. If this is true, I hope the investigation is successful and some justice can be served cause these are very serious allegations.

The thing is though she has been caught lying over and over and over again. So I think this is either a "boy who cried wolf" scenario" where she's told so many lies people wont believe her when she tells the truth, or she is lying to get sympathy points. It seems odd that she used his death to get sympathy from people, even doing a photoshoot where she put his death date on her body with mascara, but she is only just now revealing he abused her? It seems like a tactic to get people to pity her and it seems to be working. That being said, it could also be true so I'm glad the police are involved.

Regardless of the truth, it isn't fair that she has put all the blame for her mental health on Jimin. Clearly there are other things that have been affecting her much more than Jimin ever even could. If I had to guess, Jimin was probably not as comforting as the other members and Mina interpreted that as bullying. Jimin had high expectations for her groupmates and didn't like it when they didn't do their part. And every little spat they had was probably super dramatic in Mina's mind.

I'm confused because she claimed that she loved her father dearly and that Jimin forbid her and stopped her from going to the hospital to see her Dad for the last time before he died

But now she said he abused the family and constantly beat them? So she loved her father dearly despite that? I'm confused because her stories are weird.

I'm not saying she is lying but you gotta admit it's just .... weird?

Regardless of the person, if someone comes out about being raped and beaten at the age of 14, should they be getting negative comments? Ever?

She's talking about being raped, something she's mentioned happened to her before. This tangent about Jimin is irrelevant and inappropriate. Not everything is about kpop

• I'm confused because she claimed that she loved her father dearly and that Jimin forbid her and stopped her from going to the hospital to see her Dad for the last time before he died

But now she said he abused the family and constantly beat them? So she loved her father dearly despite that? I'm confused because her stories are weird.

I'm not saying she is lying but you gotta admit it's just .... weird?

To be fair, the sad truth is that it's extremely common for children of abusive parents to have mixed feelings about them. That's because they often normalize their parents behavior as they didn't had any better example in their lives and a child's first instinct is to love and trust their parents.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Regardless of the person, if someone comes out about being raped and beaten at the age of 14, should they be getting negative comments? Ever?

She's talking about being raped, something she's mentioned happened to her before. This tangent about Jimin is irrelevant and inappropriate. Not everything is about kpop

MY tangent about Jimin is inappropriate? She is STILL always bringing up Jimin, even in this segment.

So yes I agree that it is inappropriate for her to bring up Jimin when talking about her trauma. But she still does it.

• MY tangent about Jimin is inappropriate? She is STILL always bringing up Jimin, even in this segment.

So yes I agree that it is inappropriate for her to bring up Jimin when talking about her trauma. But she still does it.

Topic, article and comments are all about the rape tho. So yes, inappropriate.

The show was nearly an hour long, unsubbed and the only articles talking about splice together the highlights of what she said. She can mention whoever she wants, it's not like Jimin caused her to get raped

• Topic, article and comments are all about the rape tho. So yes, inappropriate.

The show was nearly an hour long, unsubbed and the only articles talking about splice together the highlights of what she said. She can mention whoever she wants, it's not like Jimin caused her to get raped

We're talking about Mina's mental health. Mina has repeatedly talked about how Jimin was the one who made her life so difficult. I'm saying that she's putting all the blame on Jimin when she should be putting it on these men because they did much worse things to her.

• We're talking about Mina's mental health. Mina has repeatedly talked about how Jimin was the one who made her life so difficult. I'm saying that she's putting all the blame on Jimin when she should be putting it on these men because they did much worse things to her.

Right...

If she really was bullied by Jimin, I don't see how being raped doesnt mean Jimin made her life difficult.

It's not that weird for something that consistently happened long term over your 20s to be more poignant that incidents in childhood/teen years.

Not up to me or you to decide what impacts her more or who she should put the blame on

• We're talking about Mina's mental health. Mina has repeatedly talked about how Jimin was the one who made her life so difficult. I'm saying that she's putting all the blame on Jimin when she should be putting it on these men because they did much worse things to her.

We know that Mina can't think rationally and sanely like you. Mentally ill people often blame outsiders. So there's no need for you to get stuck on this part. So it is wrong to think why she did this. Her mind and mental health were severely damaged. That's why she can't think rationally.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!