"You're not a kpop fan if you only stan one group"

• I had some new kpop fan tell me this, just because I'm an ateezpopper. She had stanned kpop for what, 2 years? And she had the audacity to tell me, a kpop fan for a decade, that I'm not a kpop fan? Yea I might only stan ateez rn, but I've stanned like 35 groups through my kpop career. It's just that nowadays, I'm too lazy to keep up with more than 1 group. Obviously I listen to 200+ kpop groups, but stanning? No.

tenor.gif

• I think it depends what people's definition of stanning is. For me stanning encompasses my willingness to spend money, time, and effort supporting a group or soloist. And for now I stan 2 groups and 1 soloist because I'm willing to buy their merch, stream, and keep up with their activities. I like other groups and listen to their music too but I don't stream or support them like a fan would so I don't consider myself their stan. :melon_think:

That's what stanning means for me as well. Keeping up with the group, buying the albums, streaming their songs etc. I only do this for ateez. Other groups I just check out new music.

• Honestly, who cares what other people think? There will always be people who want to be superior and look down on your choices. There is no rule that says you have to be devoted to only one group, but there is also no rule that says you have to love multiple groups/artists. Do what brings you joy.

You/one don’t/doesn’t need to prove self-worth by what you listen to or enjoy. (I think you clearly know that anyway, btw, OP, so just shake off the opinion of those more ignorant!)

• I think it depends what people's definition of stanning is. For me stanning encompasses my willingness to spend money, time, and effort supporting a group or soloist. And for now I stan 2 groups and 1 soloist because I'm willing to buy their merch, stream, and keep up with their activities. I like other groups and listen to their music too but I don't stream or support them like a fan would so I don't consider myself their stan. :melon_think:

This is me to only BP and the pinks solo careers.. but I'm casual and watch some contents of a lot of groups like BB, Treasure, NCT, SNSD, etc.

• you will never see someone say this about pop music lmao

kpop fans have such a superiority complex

:pepepizza:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Anyone hits me with that bullshit. they can catch this block button.

They have not seen my Spotify likes to be telling me if I'm a "true" fan or some shit, get off your fucking soapbox. This is K-pop, not politics. Unclench.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I check out tons of groups and even a couple soloists I enjoy, but I really only stan BTS and TXT, and recently ATEEZ. I willingly drop money to buy albums (just 1 version though, I don't see the need to collect). I'm ready to begin buying ATEEZ's Treasure album series.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I check out tons of groups and even a couple soloists I enjoy, but I really only stan BTS and TXT, and recently ATEEZ. I willingly drop money to buy albums (just 1 version though, I don't see the need to collect). I'm ready to begin buying ATEEZ's Treasure album series.

As an aside, I think seeing your Spotify list would be golden, btw…. I’m interested that SkZ have not made it up to the near top with Ateez, btw as I think I remember your saying after Kingdom you felt really close to stanning then? Or did I misremember that?

I think you weren’t as big a fan of the latest though?

But honestly, I think people get too bogged down in the definition/politics of stanning, or loyalty. In my mind, stanning is that something extra that is rather rarer, because it‘s that special, often undefinable *something* that just happens to have spoken to you personally … but it’s not like that stops you listening to/enjoying/loving other music - if you want to, of course.

• As an aside, I think seeing your Spotify list would be golden, btw…. I’m interested that SkZ have not made it up to the near top with Ateez, btw as I think I remember your saying after Kingdom you felt really close to stanning then? Or did I misremember that?

I think you weren’t as big a fan of the latest though?

SKZ's newest album isn't as good as their previous stuff to me. I like 6 tracks, but that's half.

I also really love RV, EXO, and especially SHINee (you can see my badges).

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I had some new kpop fan tell me this, just because I'm an ateezpopper. She had stanned kpop for what, 2 years? And she had the audacity to tell me, a kpop fan for a decade, that I'm not a kpop fan? Yea I might only stan ateez rn, but I've stanned like 35 groups through my kpop career. It's just that nowadays, I'm too lazy to keep up with more than 1 group. Obviously I listen to 200+ kpop groups, but stanning? No.

tenor.gif

If they had meant you only listen to one group then I agree with that person.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• SKZ's newest album isn't as good as their previous stuff to me. I like 6 tracks, but that's half.

I also really love RV, EXO, and especially SHINee (you can see my badges).

Yeah, I think for me with SKZ, watching them through the Kingdom thing has pushed me more to loving them as people, which makes me feel warmer to whatever they had chosen to put out now. Not sure if it’s as strong as some of their older stuff for my specific tastes *just yet*, but they seem so confident and joyful in their work, I feel pride and happiness for them; so that’s getting towards that slightly undefinable extra thing I was saying about that is just totally personal.

It’s hard for me to imagine anyone getting close to BTS in terms of my passion for them- I think the last time I felt this level of love for a group or an artist was probably seventeen or eighteen years ago. However I am always open - you never know what will pop up, and I absolutely am happy to buy records or go to gigs/concerts for multiple artists should the opportunity arise. I hope -personally - I never lose that desire to be excited to explore new music, even if I’m 85. But similarly, if you or anyone else said to me all you wanted do was listen to one group/artist on repeat forever ad Infinitum, then I can easily think it would not be for me but you should dive straight in and enjoy with no shame or hesitation. Life is too short,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!