I don’t understand why Army got angry when Billboards just states the facts about what fandom is doing?

• I think it was a good choice for BB to ask BTS about the fandom donation to buy music in the US in the interview. What the fandom currently doing can be seen as a chart manipulation and get lots of criticism, controversial among western fans and press. There are many articles wrote about this, also BB has been quite shading them about this fandom buying power few times.

RM provided a good answer and put the work for BB to do their job. If they are not happy, they need to change the rule. I still think the Company (HyBE and Columbia) should also involves in the process of limited online store sale, but mainly it’s BB responsibility .

• Believer50

Changed the title of the thread from “I don’t understand why Army got angry when Billboards” to “I don’t understand why Army got angry when Billboards just states the facts about what fandom is doing?”.
  • It's a valid question tbh. I don't think RM got mad at it. BTS have been asked way worse questions, so why the uproar over this? Nobody dragged Ellen when she asked them if they date their fans. Plus, BB is very shady, aren't all of these news places shady when they interview idols?

Edit: Ok nvm Ellen got dragged sorry army.

Story pin image00e35b359f4614aa00df5c80172a813e.jpgca141ea0b5a77870965ceb016e166348.jpg

Edited once, last by ellenote ().

• Cause it was a shitty article with someone who clearly views KPOP is a certain way, and the answers seemed weird af, it looks HIGHLY edited. and why ask an artist about fandom activities? Like wtf is RM suppose to do/say?

this was never an issue when Bieber was begging his fans to mass stream playlists, or companies using bundles, if billboard doesn't like mass buying they can lower sales(I think they should)

they act like BB hot 100 was some perfect chart and is now forever tainted by BTS ARMY lol

• Cause it was a shitty article with someone who clearly views KPOP is a certain way, and the answers seemed weird af, it looks HIGHLY edited. and why ask an artist about fandom activities? Like wtf is RM suppose to do/say?

this was never an issue when Bieber was begging his fans to mass stream playlists, or companies using bundles, if billboard doesn't like mass buying they can lower sales(I think they should)

they act like BB hot 100 was some perfect chart and is now forever tainted by BTS ARMY lol

But what fandom doing is a kind of chart manipulation, they did this for 13 weeks now for Butter and 32 weeks for Dynamite. I came across many articles provide criticism about this behaviour . BTS clearly knows about this. Do they feel happy that their song inorganic due to fandom power? They love their fans so much but manipulation is a bad thing as well

• Literally every fan in the world wants their fave to chart well, how is this a scandal? if i could pay 1 million for twice to get number 1 on billboard I would do it too!

And fan and BTS got a lot of criticism for this behaviour. BB and BTS have to come to a point both of them get into this debate.

• I need bullet point proof evidence of this hidden conspiracy theory that army are manipulating the charts because the way people talk about this is very strange... where is the factual evidence? Don't all fandoms do this? Kpop fans are very competitive, especially those in one fandom. Yet why does BTS get flack for it? what did army do?

• Money funded oversea to buy music in the US. I think it’s clearly chart manipulation

The store in the US that I buy my Twice albums from is registered with Hanteo and Gaon. So my sales are contributing to the Hanteo and Gaon chart in South Korea. Am I manipulating those charts?

I don't think so. I'm just a fan that buying the music from my favorite group. Why is people outside the US buying music inside the US any different?

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• Can this thread be named the Official crying about ARMYS/BTS chart manipulation thread?

All 5-6 of you can discuss to your hearts content in here, cry about ARMYs and stop entering or making other threads:wellr:

• I think using the money funded oversea to buy music in the US clearly a type of manipulation.

So this why people are salty af!? Lmfao

Its not their money so wtf is the problem?

they can do what ever they want as long as

they re following the bb rules.

JB got a lot of hate on what he did.

Bundles rules was changed to be stricter.

Nicki no.1 BB a also got hate, Taylor lower her music price for No.1 also got call out.

There is no way BTS with the fandom manipulation doing for 9 weeks at No.1 get exemption.

• The store in the US that I buy my Twice albums from is registered with Hanteo and Gaon. So my sales are contributing to the Hanteo and Gaon chart in South Korea. Am I manipulating those charts?

I don't think so. I'm just a fan that buying the music from my favorite group. Why is people outside the US buying music inside the US any different?

Except they aren’t. US and PR armys are the ones buying the music which contributes to BB US.

• So why arent they asking western artists about their actual chart manipulation, bundles, payola, paid playlisting and discovery mode in their cover stories? But fans buying music, with no manipulation from artists or labels side is suddenly a problem? Giving a platform to racist mpg stans is fine?

Billboard is a western industry mouthpiece, its run by the same company as THR and they are clearly on a mission to paint a picture of BTS as unorganic, typical kpop puppet group, only appealing to a limited group of fangirls. Western industry approved artists dont get that treatment.

• JB got a lot of hate on what he did.

Bundles rules was changed to be stricter.

Nicki no.1 BB a also got hate, Taylor lower her music price for No.1 also got call out.

There is no way BTS with the fandom manipulation doing for 9 weeks at No.1 get exemption.

Show me the evidence of BB directly interviewing them about this esp using troll accs and other fan accs from twt as source.

• Personally, i'm jealous of Army fandom power. If all my fave acts had fanbases as big and powerful as Army, they would all be millionaires getting everything they deserve.

Even Msnake, Starshit, and the other labels would never entertain a single thought of disbanding Izone if they were bringing in 5M albums per comeback and charting on Hot 100 and Melon. They would keep the gravy train going forever if they could. I would be getting Izone content indefinitely, and all this rage in my soul would have never existed in the first place.

When people like me point out BTS' reliance on fandom power to chart, Army should be laughing in my face instead of getting defensive about it.

Look at Eunbi and Soyeon's recent releases. Two new soloists from my fave groups, and here i am applauding them for 30-40k album sales (which are actually good numbers for solo female acts). But imagine if they were getting 1M-2M sales like a Jimin or JK or V solo release would get. Imagine if they were charting in Hot 100 and Melon. :cryc:

• You wanted your own hit thread? Because you are not bringing anything different or unique to the table, than what the previous 4, 5 akp threads haven't.

You want your answers? Go read them. ARMYs have answered and debated about them in detail.

As for AKP ARMYs... kindly ignore this thread and block the OP with other bored individuals like them. Let's enjoy the remix!! It is uploaded on both channels, you can "manipulate" and "stream" both.

CheerssS! :pepemusic:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"Overspending on my pens, that are more in number... than your fans" - Suga.

• LETS MANIPULATE THE CHARTS BORAHAE BITCHES

• This is what is wrong with the article.

External Content twitter.com

• This is what is wrong with the article.

External Content twitter.com

Don’t bother with these losers. You can never wake up a fool who is pretending to be asleep. They are acting ignorant and obtuse on purpose cos their hate boner for BTS is bigger than anything.

• Don’t bother with these losers. You can never wake up a fool who is pretending to be asleep. They are acting ignorant and obtuse on purpose cos their hate boner for BTS is bigger than anything.

Theyre probably bitter that their own fandom cant achieve anything despite having the same funding schemes. They just lack the actual fans in US to buy the songs.

• This thread contains 45 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!