Pewdiepie has something to say about Blackpink

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Lol that goes for all Kpop labels. That stuck out to me too, I wonder why they weren't really going into the dark side of being a Kpop Idol then I remembered that can't say anything like that if they want to keep their job.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Im a fan of Pewds

and even he realised that

Pewds

you have earned an even bigger spot in my book

• i think he was just expecting to see darker stuff like in the horror stories you hear about the korean music industry (physical, sexual abuse etc.). bp talked about their exhaustion and being homesick and stuff but nothing darker than that and thats not because yg is hiding it, its likely they never experienced stuff like that. maybe that kinda thing happens to other artists but it was a bp documentary not a kpop documentary

Edited 3 times, last by Cold_Wave ().

• Light up the Sky was about BLACKPINK’s journey to superstardom not the dark side of the kpop industry. That’s a weird thing to expect from a documentary focused on one group.

• "Dark side of K-pop" is often used by people who have absolutely no interest in K-pop or the artists, but use fake concern to downplay K-pop. They're the type to claim K-pop idols are all controlled by their companies and don't have any creative input while ironically using photos of Soyeon, G-Dragon, and BTS, all of whom have a huge role in their music.

In other words, sometimes people have no idea what they're talking about and just use generic, outdated stereotypes about the industry when talking about "the dark side of K-pop." It comes from a place of hate and envy as opposed to genuine concern.

PewDiePie comes off as a guy who genuinely cares about Blackpink, so good on him.

Well PewDiePie also made this video:

External Content youtu.be

But that was rough times so I forgive him for adding onto the "Kpop is cringe" train.

About the whole dark side of Kpop, I do see where your coming from, I see some youtubers make the most stupid reused nonsense about the dark side of Kpop while not knowing a thing about Kpop and the groups.

About the whole creative control thing, it's true that a lot of artists are now allowed to play huge parts in their music but that's usually reserved for idols that are from high end companies. Most idols I see especially like blackpink seem to not have any to little day in there music. (Mostly because YG is just a shit company)

Anyway let's hope PewDiePie can spread the Kpop narrative on YouTube so a lot of these YouTubers can stop mindlessly hating on it

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• Maybe they didn’t document the struggles because it’s a normal thing in kpop? One thing I noticed in kpop is that idols cry a lot. I’m sure it’s because of the stress, hunger and tiredness and they are more open about showing emotions (which I respect). Western fans maybe a bit shocked by that because mostly western stars only cry when they broke up or have beef with each other and not about the struggles as musical acts.

• About the whole creative control thing, it's true that a lot of artists are now allowed to play huge parts in their music but that's usually reserved for idols that are from high end companies. Most idols I see especially like blackpink seem to not have any to little day in there music. (Mostly because YG is just a shit company)

But in YG Bigbang have control over their own music (majority of Bigbang tracks have one or two members as the sole songwriters), same thing for iKON (BI/Bobby), and I don't know about Winner but they probably have the same set-up. And Treasure have their own recording studio in the new building.

It really just seems to be YG's female groups that don't get to steer their own ship. And when you consider that they all went through the same training process, presumably had access to the same professionals, and developed the same sets of skills, there's something weird there.

• That’s the problem about Kpop in general and I wholeheartedly agree. People are always allowed to talk about their struggles and sing or write about it. They can even sell it in songs but no one dares to show it. If people saw how hard and abusive the training and idol system is in their full length, people wouldn’t support the system. That means that what they talk about or what is shown is only the tip of the ice berg.

• "Dark side of K-pop" is often used by people who have absolutely no interest in K-pop or the artists, but use fake concern to downplay K-pop. They're the type to claim K-pop idols are all controlled by their companies and don't have any creative input while ironically using photos of Soyeon, G-Dragon, and BTS, all of whom have a huge role in their music.

In other words, sometimes people have no idea what they're talking about and just use generic, outdated stereotypes about the industry when talking about "the dark side of K-pop." It comes from a place of hate and envy as opposed to genuine concern.

PewDiePie comes off as a guy who genuinely cares about Blackpink, so good on him.

While i'm not saying the western entertainment industry is any better, kpop has a dark side & it would be good for someone to be open about it . This would force some companies to change (hopefully) & some stereotypes would be corrected.

anyway, this was a blackpink documentary so the only hardships they should show are blackpinks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!