Dynamite is the most commercial song by BTS ever!

• you can't deny this. I've been hearing others say it's a cheerful song and bringing hope to people's lives during the pandemic. But answer this question? In what way does the lyrics make you cheerful? which lyric in Dynamite can bring hope in people's lives? Let me answer for you. It was a cheesy, meaningless pop song. The song sounds great but in terms of quality, it was your regular american pop song. If a regular cheesy english pop song can cheer you up, so can Dynamite. but sadly, the song is nothing special.

The choreography was not at all pleasing to the eye. After BWL choreo (another boring choreo) success, BH went on to make a pt.2 of that choreo but made it even more bland. Trust me if any other group would've performed this song, it would've been awful.

Don't let me get started on the MV. BWL got a lots of views, so BH wanted BTS to recreate it again. So they added a lil bit of retro with the same BWL setting, and boom... here you have Dynamite's MV.

I have a feeling that after seeing BWL success, BH wanted BTS to do a similar song but give it a more American feel, by following the retro trend, having chessy English lyrics and adding in a tik tok style choreography. The fact that BTS has little to no contribution for Dynamite, makes it their most commercial song ever. There was no art or passion in this song. Only Grammy friendly music.

I knew BTS were gonna get nominated with this song the moment I saw the MV. The song, concept and outfits must've made those grandpas reminisce the past 8o.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• i dont really like the tone of this thread lol

anyway bts can do both feel good and fun music and songs that are on the deeper side and more meaningful

their versatility when it comes to concepts and discography is unmatched :groovins:

stream soty's

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I like dynamite. It’s the few cheerful pop song I can listen from BTS since BTS are known more for their dark songs. It’s funny when BTS tries to create song that strays more from their usual output it’s dubbed commercial or meaningless.

You claim the lyrics are awful in dynamite but have you ever listened to the chorus?

If that ain’t a confidence booster then I don’t know what is

It may not look any special but imagine that at a festival. It’s a great way for hyping up moods. I mean it’s not surprising it’s a sport’s favorite from the amount of times I’ve seen it being played at basketball matches and stadiums. NASA specially used the line in the chorus to cheer up their astronauts during their last year space launch. Bayern Munich used it as their celebratory banner when they won the champions league. We can try and shit on the song as much as we want but there’s a reason why it’s so popular among the general public. BTS said they wanted a cheerful song to cheer up people around the world. But then sadly they couldn’t add any input to the song because it would have taken out the good feelings in it and made it awkward in Korean. They had their reasons.

And I won’t tolerate the song that brought me to the fandom to be dismissed like that :cryingk:

• It is definitely their most commercial song but this thread feels a bit......sus :pepe-back-away:

Just cause a song is commercial doesn't make it any less special or doesn't make it worse. Dynamite is a great song and it does what it's supposed to do, lift spirits and make people happy and bouncy.

Everything about the song is supposed to make you get up to your feet and dance.

The vivid use of bright colours in the MV and sets, the easy but eye-catching choreo, the cheesy and simple lyrics which are a bit non-sensical at times but make you laugh, everything makes us cheerful and that's why it's an amazing song!

:pepe-shades:

• You claim the lyrics are awful in dynamite but have you ever listened to the chorus?

It may not look any special but imagine that at a festival. It’s a great way for hyping up moods. I mean it’s not surprising it’s a sport’s favorite from the amount of times I’ve seen it being played at basketball matches and stadiums. NASA specially used the line in the chorus to cheer up their astronauts during their last year space launch. Bayern Munich used it as their celebratory banner when they won the champions league. We can try and shit on the song as much as we want but there’s a reason why it’s so popular among the general public. BTS said they wanted a cheerful song to cheer up people around the world. But then sadly they couldn’t add any input to the song because it would have taken out the good feelings in it and made it awkward in Korean. They had their reasons.

And I won’t tolerate the song that brought me to the fandom to be dismissed like that :cryingk:

I'm sorry for dismissing the song that got you into the fandom. I don't hate the song either but I feel like it was their most commercial to ever song. There was no input from the members. The lyrics were a bit cringe. The only thing which made sense was the chorus but it was a bit too generic imo.

by the stuff you're mentioning, you seem to be from America. I think songs like Dynamite are the trend in your country, so it makes sense it's popular in America.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• The fact that Dynamite is still being talked about until now shows how impactful the song has been. Even inspired the OP to make a thread and an essay! Loving that vibe baby

:dancer::danceb::pepe-grooving::merongk:

I'm an ARMY so of course I would make a thread about BTS most successful song ever. I can even write a book about them. I love them a lot. They will forever stay in my mind rent free. :)

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• I would remove the you can’t deny this part since it is obviously your opinion. As for me, it might have not the usual “BTS“ structure of a song, I actually like it a lot more than some other songs of BTS. It is a song that goes well with almost every situation and if one doesn’t like it BTS‘ other discography offers a variety of different genres and music styles.

• I would remove the you can’t deny this part since it is obviously your opinion. As for me, it might have not the usual “BTS“ structure of a song, I actually like it a lot more than some other songs of BTS. It is a song that goes well with almost every situation and if one doesn’t like it BTS‘ other discography offers a variety of different genres and music styles.

I know BTS does offer a variety of different genres. But I'm not liking how BTS most successful songs are of the same genre.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• It's still a BTS song with a fun & happy vibe that's make people move into it. Easy to listen & repeat , the GP & most fans like it , that what it matters.

They tried it & it was worth it , i never thought a BTS song would be on radio in EU for so long.

So , instead of trashing this song , enjoy this moment with BTS instead , it's still a BTS song , it's ok if you don't like it but you don't need to trash them for lyrics/choreo etc....

You sound like those ex-armys "BTS changed , old BTS was better blablabla"

You same people , need to get out of your shell , so much hatred is not good for your life even if you're alone , seek help , spread love & pray for the gods to give you some love !

Spread love people , spread love.

• INU, BST, Spring Day, DNA and BWL all had the member's input. It showed their true emotions in the lyrics. The same can't be said with Dynamite. Apart from the chorus, nothing made sense imo.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• I never said I hated the song. I just don't like the lyrics and choreography. I'm worried that BTS are gonna make songs with the same concept forever. One of the things I like about BTS is versatility.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• I don't think every song needs to be serious. Go listen to On and Black Swan for that.

Sometimes people enjoy a simple song more. Not only the lyrics but the tune is also cherry and makes you feel good whenever you listen to it.

• Commercial doesn't necessarily mean bad. There are plenty of songs that are considered experimental that are really bad.

But to me, Dynamite was a good song. To you it wasn't and that's ok.

I can't ask you to share my opinion and I hope you won't ask me to share yours.

Personally, Dynamite was their best tt/single last year, Black Swan included.

I have said before that I often prefer bright Bangtan and along with the retro concept made it perfect.

Sure the lyrics weren't profound but it was fun and it made me feel happier every single time I listened to it. It still does.

And it is not like they came back with a Dynamite pt2 after the huge success of the song to say they will keep doing that. They came back with LGO which as different as it can get.

And BTS had so much variety in their 2020 music only that having such a single is fine.

It was a bad year and people wanted fun and Dynamite was just the thing for that.

• I never said I hated the song. I just don't like the lyrics and choreography. I'm worried that BTS are gonna make songs with the same concept forever. One of the things I like about BTS is versatility.

I'm sorry but BTS are always versatile with their music. They also released On, Black Swan and LGO in 2020. It's not their faults people like more simple songs like Dynamite or BWL from them.

• Don‘t forget Fake love. I literally don’t get OP

Yes! I wanted to add it - its in my top 5 bts titles - I just dont know if it fully fits

INU, BST, Spring Day, DNA and BWL all had the member's input. It showed their true emotions in the lyrics. The same can't be said with Dynamite. Apart from the chorus, nothing made sense imo.

Im aware, you didnt respond to my main statement- how are those songs listed the same genre?

• I'm sorry but BTS are always versatile with their music. They also released On, Black Swan and LGO in 2020. It's not their faults people like more simple songs like Dynamite or BWL from them.

yes it is people's fault for liking such songs. BTS was even more versatile before 2019. BTS never did the same genre again back then. Remember how DNA had a lot of CGI in the MV and it's also the most viewed MV of BTS. BWL MV also used a lot of CGI and was really colourful. Now Dynamite's MV used the same set as BWL made it a bit more retro.

I'm pretty sure BTS will never have a concept similar to ON and Black Swan, but I have a feeling Dynamite might be recreated again.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

Don't worry. They will release what they like and what they want and they proved this by releasing LGO and BE after Dynamite. They might release something more pop and fresh like Dynamite if they want to. As long as they're putting out music they want to, that's what artists are supposed to do. There's no point in worrying about it. As a fan you don't have to like every release of theirs.

As BTS(currently the biggest group) they have pressure of both critical and commercial success upon them and BTS balances it well.

• yes it is people's fault for liking such songs. BTS was even more versatile before 2019. BTS never did the same genre again back then. Remember how DNA had a lot of CGI in the MV and it's also the most viewed MV of BTS. BWL MV also used a lot of CGI and was really colourful. Now Dynamite's MV used the same set as BWL made it a bit more retro.

I'm pretty sure BTS will never have a concept similar to ON and Black Swan, but I have a feeling Dynamite might be recreated again.

BTS put out Fake Love and Idol after DNA.

They put out ON and Black Swan after BWL.

LGO after Dynamite.

If all that doesn't put your fears at rest, then I dont think you'll find any answers here useful.

Personally BTS can release another pop perfection and I will love it. Don't fault other people or BTS for liking and creating something that doesn't match your standards for them. It's fine to not like songs released by your fav artists.

BWL did not use a lot of CGI, it was all sets made by production team. Idol however did.

• They're tryna recreate the same success by releasing songs with similar concepts. They feel similar to other kpop groups who recycle the same songs. It doesn't feel authentic to do so.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• yes it is people's fault for liking such songs. BTS was even more versatile before 2019. BTS never did the same genre again back then. Remember how DNA had a lot of CGI in the MV and it's also the most viewed MV of BTS. BWL MV also used a lot of CGI and was really colourful. Now Dynamite's MV used the same set as BWL made it a bit more retro.

But Dynamite and BWL are not the same style. It may seem similar but they are not.

Personally, I hope they will never do something like Black Swan again for the simple reason that it was personal and about their fears as artists and while I wouldn't want them not to talk about it at all, this concept would lose its meaning if they try to reproduce it.

As for On, despite the mv being artistic and I guess high budget, it has low replay value.

And DNA is their most viewed mv because it was their first mv after their becoming popular. Their breakout song.

• Dynamite is a very good pop song. One of the best pure pop songs or recent years and probably the best pure pop song released by anyone associated with kpop ever.

You cant judge it by applying the same criteria as something more artistic and deep. Its pure fluff and thats the point. Its supposed to be fun and catchy and colorful and put people in a good mood. It stands out from most kpop by being an actual good pop song, it hasnt been compromised by dumb bad raps or weird instertion of dissonant sections existing solely to give the untalented members something to do.

And I wouldnt be worried about BTS sticking to it. Theyre back to something more substatial with BE already.

• Don't worry. They will release what they like and what they want and they proved this by releasing LGO and BE after Dynamite. They might release something more pop and fresh like Dynamite if they want to. As long as they're putting out music they want to, that's what artists are supposed to do. There's no point in worrying about it. As a fan you don't have to like every release of theirs.

As BTS(currently the biggest group) they have pressure of both critical and commercial success upon them and BTS balances it well.

we will see. If Dynamite gets a grammy, I'm pretty sure BH will pressurize BTS to make similar music.

ON and Black Swan weren't as successful as BWL. LGO weren't as successful as Dynamite. There's a pattern with the success of these songs. BTS will never do a concept like ON, Black Swan and LGO ever again. But BTS might continue to release songs similar to BWL and Dynamite again due to their success.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• we will see. If Dynamite gets a grammy, I'm pretty sure BH will pressurize BTS to make similar music.

ON and Black Swan weren't as successful as BWL. LGO weren't as successful as Dynamite. There's a pattern with the success of these songs. BTS will never do a concept like ON, Black Swan and LGO ever again. But BTS might continue to release songs similar to BWL and Dynamite again due to their success.

That's what I'm telling you, they released those songs even after the success of other songs. That should tell you something. And if it doesn't that no one here can stop you from worrying.

If BTS keep releasing music you don't like or find authentic then unstan them. It's just kpop don't worry over it. But don't put your expectations on other fans and BTS and question their motives for releasing/listening to songs.

• I don't want them to make songs similar to ON or Black Swan either. I don't want them to make songs based on a similar concept already done by them. BWL & Dynamite do have a similar concept. They used similar sets for the MV. Wore old fashioned suits for both the song's performances. Dynamite is a bit more retro, that's it.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

The dumbest thing I heard!! Are you really Army?! Don't think so...

"BTS are gonna make songs with the same concepts forever......!!"

After record breaking Dynamite... LGO, Blue & Grey, Stay came. Do you think they are from same genre, sound the same?!

After BWL record breaking success, Black Swan, On, Moon, My Time, Filter, Shadow, inner Child, The eternal, make it right came...

How the hell they were from same genre?!

When on the industry certain groups making Construction music again & again..

Certain groups making Crush concept again & again........

There is BTS who never take their Artistic talent for granted, they hardly left any genre of music to be explored... From HIP HOP to ballad, from Disco to jazz, From RB to lyrical... What else do you want?!

Take a cotton Bud & celanese & remove the dirt from your multi ears.

• I'm so disappointed with this thread and how you expose your opinions OP. You can dislike a song that's fine but projecting you as the one who can answer the question for all armys is so wrong.

Let me answer for you. It was a cheesy, meaningless pop song.

You can't answer for me OP. Neither for the rest of the people. People feel songs different and even the lyrics have different meaning. Just because for you it's meaningless doesn't mean for some other people it's the same.

I remember how you complained in the past why army doesn't like your threads, well how can we really like you when you're so disrespectful. I'm not even try to argue further, not worth my time really.

• This thread contains 17 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!