Dynamite is the most commercial song by BTS ever!

• you can't deny this. I've been hearing others say it's a cheerful song and bringing hope to people's lives during the pandemic. But answer this question? In what way does the lyrics make you cheerful? which lyric in Dynamite can bring hope in people's lives? Let me answer for you. It was a cheesy, meaningless pop song. The song sounds great but in terms of quality, it was your regular american pop song. If a regular cheesy english pop song can cheer you up, so can Dynamite. but sadly, the song is nothing special.

The choreography was not at all pleasing to the eye. After BWL choreo (another boring choreo) success, BH went on to make a pt.2 of that choreo but made it even more bland. Trust me if any other group would've performed this song, it would've been awful.

Don't let me get started on the MV. BWL got a lots of views, so BH wanted BTS to recreate it again. So they added a lil bit of retro with the same BWL setting, and boom... here you have Dynamite's MV.

I have a feeling that after seeing BWL success, BH wanted BTS to do a similar song but give it a more American feel, by following the retro trend, having chessy English lyrics and adding in a tik tok style choreography. The fact that BTS has little to no contribution for Dynamite, makes it their most commercial song ever. There was no art or passion in this song. Only Grammy friendly music.

I knew BTS were gonna get nominated with this song the moment I saw the MV. The song, concept and outfits must've made those grandpas reminisce the past 8o.

<3 Jungkook  <3

ea0362846da444b2c53bbc93511ead2076c3f553.gifv

• i dont really like the tone of this thread lol

anyway bts can do both feel good and fun music and songs that are on the deeper side and more meaningful

their versatility when it comes to concepts and discography is unmatched :groovins:

stream soty's

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• yada yada

STREAM

External Content youtu.be

• Great pop songs are supposed to make you feel happy and cheerful and that's what Dynamite did :groovins:

For legal reasons: many of the things I say are said jokingly, take them as such :wilds::oks:

• I like dynamite. It’s the few cheerful pop song I can listen from BTS since BTS are known more for their dark songs. It’s funny when BTS tries to create song that strays more from their usual output it’s dubbed commercial or meaningless.

You claim the lyrics are awful in dynamite but have you ever listened to the chorus?

If that ain’t a confidence booster then I don’t know what is

It may not look any special but imagine that at a festival. It’s a great way for hyping up moods. I mean it’s not surprising it’s a sport’s favorite from the amount of times I’ve seen it being played at basketball matches and stadiums. NASA specially used the line in the chorus to cheer up their astronauts during their last year space launch. Bayern Munich used it as their celebratory banner when they won the champions league. We can try and shit on the song as much as we want but there’s a reason why it’s so popular among the general public. BTS said they wanted a cheerful song to cheer up people around the world. But then sadly they couldn’t add any input to the song because it would have taken out the good feelings in it and made it awkward in Korean. They had their reasons.

And I won’t tolerate the song that brought me to the fandom to be dismissed like that :cryingk:

• It is definitely their most commercial song but this thread feels a bit......sus :pepe-back-away:

Just cause a song is commercial doesn't make it any less special or doesn't make it worse. Dynamite is a great song and it does what it's supposed to do, lift spirits and make people happy and bouncy.

Everything about the song is supposed to make you get up to your feet and dance.

The vivid use of bright colours in the MV and sets, the easy but eye-catching choreo, the cheesy and simple lyrics which are a bit non-sensical at times but make you laugh, everything makes us cheerful and that's why it's an amazing song!

:pepe-shades:

• You claim the lyrics are awful in dynamite but have you ever listened to the chorus?

It may not look any special but imagine that at a festival. It’s a great way for hyping up moods. I mean it’s not surprising it’s a sport’s favorite from the amount of times I’ve seen it being played at basketball matches and stadiums. NASA specially used the line in the chorus to cheer up their astronauts during their last year space launch. Bayern Munich used it as their celebratory banner when they won the champions league. We can try and shit on the song as much as we want but there’s a reason why it’s so popular among the general public. BTS said they wanted a cheerful song to cheer up people around the world. But then sadly they couldn’t add any input to the song because it would have taken out the good feelings in it and made it awkward in Korean. They had their reasons.

And I won’t tolerate the song that brought me to the fandom to be dismissed like that :cryingk:

I'm sorry for dismissing the song that got you into the fandom. I don't hate the song either but I feel like it was their most commercial to ever song. There was no input from the members. The lyrics were a bit cringe. The only thing which made sense was the chorus but it was a bit too generic imo.

by the stuff you're mentioning, you seem to be from America. I think songs like Dynamite are the trend in your country, so it makes sense it's popular in America.

<3 Jungkook  <3

ea0362846da444b2c53bbc93511ead2076c3f553.gifv

• The fact that Dynamite is still being talked about until now shows how impactful the song has been. Even inspired the OP to make a thread and an essay! Loving that vibe baby

:dancer::danceb::pepe-grooving::merongk:

I'm an ARMY so of course I would make a thread about BTS most successful song ever. I can even write a book about them. I love them a lot. They will forever stay in my mind rent free. :)

• I would remove the you can’t deny this part since it is obviously your opinion. As for me, it might have not the usual “BTS“ structure of a song, I actually like it a lot more than some other songs of BTS. It is a song that goes well with almost every situation and if one doesn’t like it BTS‘ other discography offers a variety of different genres and music styles.

• I would remove the you can’t deny this part since it is obviously your opinion. As for me, it might have not the usual “BTS“ structure of a song, I actually like it a lot more than some other songs of BTS. It is a song that goes well with almost every situation and if one doesn’t like it BTS‘ other discography offers a variety of different genres and music styles.

I know BTS does offer a variety of different genres. But I'm not liking how BTS most successful songs are of the same genre.

• I know BTS does offer a variety of different genres. But I'm not liking how BTS most successful songs are of the same genre.

BTS most popular songs are arguably

INU

BS&T

Spring Day

DNA

BWL

Dynamite

How are they all the same genre?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!