Melon chart reformation again?

• What's this?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 네이버 파파고
    번역을 부탁해 파파고
    papago.naver.net

Melon Company announced on the 2nd that "Melon's chart services 24Hits and the latest 24Hits will be completely reorganized into 'TOP100' and 'latest charts', respectively, from the 9th."

The new TOP100 will be made by adding the recent 24-hour usage and the last 1-hour usage by the weight of 50:50. However, late-night and early morning hours (01 to 07:00) with fewer users will issue a chart that expands the usage of the last 24 hours to 100% of the time.

So it will be 50% realtime 50% 24 hours now

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• With higher chances for new song to enter the charts faster but making it's harder to any mass streaming song to chart since there will be a new "chart report" feature.

From what I understood they are just mixing the best of the 24 hits with the best of the realtime.

The "chart report" is just a report of the number of ULs in the past 5 minutes, 1 hour and 24 hours. It's not a report button.

• From what I understood they are just mixing the best of the 24 hits with the best of the realtime.

The "chart report" is just a report of the number of ULs in the past 5 minutes, 1 hour and 24 hours. It's not a report button.

• External Content twitter.com

Exactly what I said

• Melon says goodbye to all bgs that Mass streaming + zombie hours, this changes will make them even harder to chart.

Opposite this is going to help them. They will now chart on the Melon official chart that ppl were looking at.

They must have realized that without zombie streaming fans who paid into their service it was a loss for them. So they did away with the latest hits chart no one was looking at where these ppl were charting a bit and combined it with this official chart.

• You've got to wonder why Korean charts are so shit. There's like a dozen of them and still keep having to keep changing their systems because they don't work as intended.

• Opposite this is going to help them. They will now chart on the Melon official chart that ppl were looking at.

They must have realized that without zombie streaming fans who paid into their service it was a loss for them. So they did away with the latest hits chart no one was looking at where these ppl were charting a bit and combined it with this official chart.

Well, they are still locking the zombie hours behind the 24 hits. Mass streaming will only work during the day. But new songs will rise faster and chart higher (at least during the day).

• Well, they are still locking the zombie hours behind the 24 hits. Mass streaming will only work during the day. But new songs will rise faster and chart higher (at least during the day).

It’s gonna be helpful I think for new songs in the long run. New song took minimum of a one day or more to even reach top 50 and become visible otherwise.

If not for BGs even for others it’ll be useful I think.

• Opposite this is going to help them. They will now chart on the Melon official chart that ppl were looking at.

How can it will going to help them?

based on my understanding, they still value unique listeners than mass streaming?

This new changes only help newer song to chart faster (with organic uls).

This means that no more people taking advantages on zombie hours. This will brings changes to gaon weekly digital chart ( and most music show wins use that)

Edited once, last by www1717 ().

• Not surprised. They tried to be cool by removing the numbers and the graph only to see their market share drop even more. Now they are bringing back the numbers because that's what people liked. And from the beginning, there was no need for a 24 hits chart when there was already a daily chart. So u want a separate chart just to see how daily chart is moving every hour? Stupid.

• I like the actual system, so don't know how to feel about this

External Content www.youtube.com

• I think the change is good and very much needed, hopefully it will actually work as intended this time but we'll see.

One of the stated goals with the 24h chart reform was to make it harder to manipulate the charts (be it paid for by companies or massstreaming by fandoms), and that succeded.

The other goal was to give new artists/songs a better chance to enter the charts, which was always hard when they had to climb over the massive wall that was masstreamed idol groups. This didnt work out tho, as the chart became much more slowgoing and harder to enter at all unless you were an already popular artists, or did something on tv (ost/tv show)/went viral in other media for some reason.

This is also the reason we have seen so many records shattered when it comes to longevity since the reform, be it time spent in top 1/5/10/20, amount of pak hours etc.

Now will be more lika a mix between the daily chart and the old realtime hourly chart. Which should make it easier to chart for artists, but still block out the worst of the chart manipulation. Fandoms will have a bigger effect again but hopefully not as much as it used to be.

Big artists won't be affected much other than the time spent in the top of chart will lessen.

At least, that is if the changes works as intended this time.

• Ok....I think I get it now.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• But I wanted to see them chart on 24 hits chart for once :pepe-sad:

+ if they chart, people will they only chart because of the reformed chart.

I sound like a chart person, but I really don't care much for those things, just for them to be appreciated :D

• + if they chart, people will they only chart because of the reformed chart.

I sound like a chart person, but I really don't care much for those things, just for them to be appreciated :D

lol that is true too..

But I guess they can make a record for the first group to chart on that chart causei ts the same day.. is that even a record? idk .. we need to be positive lmaooo

• lol that is true too..

But I guess they can make a record for the first group to chart on that chart causei ts the same day.. is that even a record? idk .. we need to be positive lmaooo

I find those kpop 'records' in general a bit weird :D

Let's just hope for a big impact :pepe-shades: :pepelove2:

• oh-shit now we will need to say

pre-pre-Melon reform achievements

pre-Melon reform achievements

post-Melon reform achievements

:clown:

External Content www.youtube.com

• This thread contains 10 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!