Men of allkpop

• Hmm..I'm not sure if I ever went through such a phase because I never thought I could meet those standards in the first place and I never felt pressured to be seen as a true "man". I definitely think it's dependent on what environment you grew up in. Being the only son in an Asian household of course you would think I'd be as pressured as any to be "manly" but luckily they are quite tolerant. At least so far they have :-D

• Last year I realized toxic masculinity was one of the worst things for my mental health. Not being able to express myself because men can't have feelings and not being able to enjoy what I enjoy because it isn't deemed manly enough really take a toll.

• For me it was 11 years ago.

• no a phase per se nor toxic masculinity but when I was dating my current wife...and prior to dating my wife...

I was very very logical to the point where my EQ was basically zero...now apparently I have increased my EQ levels...

• I haven't watched the vid, but all I can say is that the environment is what makes you have a toxic masculinity.

For exemple, in sport environment, you can easily see the ones with toxic mindset, it's like if you're a sportman you have to behave like that.

But I've always stayed true to myself, so acting like the average alpha man was more like a coverage for me...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!