Music Shows don’t do much for idol groups

• still a pretty good place to get the exposure

companies just needs to not overwork their idols and keep it under control

but still idols needs to work hard especially during their debut years.

going to 3 or 4 music shows in the first week of promos shouldn't be considered too much or forced or overworked.

especially during these times when pretty much no idol group is performing at outdoor public events and venues in front of live audiences.

• Idols are also humans not super robots, spending more than 16 hours for one music show is overworking now doing multiple music shows in the same manner is atrocious. The amount of idols being exposed to covid, the risk isn’t worth it.

• Some songs even by known names rise on the charts just cause of music shows these days. So the exposure helps.

I'll too never understand why some groups do so many music shows. It's pointless after sometime.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• Idols are also humans not super robots, spending more than 16 hours for one music show is overworking now doing multiple music shows in the same manner is atrocious. The amount of idols being exposed to covid, the risk isn’t worth it.

they need to work for their fame and exposure there's only so many corners they can cut or they will be forgotten.

and no I'm not saying they should work like robots but they need to work hard.

• I think they're useful. As an idol, you need to get as many people as possible to know about your group, about your songs. Plus, what would idols even do if they didn't go to music shows? The smaller groups don't have lots of promotion opportunities besides music shows.

• so basically what SM did with aespa

missed the entire first week

28 and 30 may - Music Bank and Inkigayo

3 and 5 june - Mcountdown and Music Core

• For established groups, I feel 1 or 2 week promo is fine cause its a gift for the fans in terms of performance.. for groups like bts, bp, svt and twice as seen recently, they were able to show performances in international (mostly us) shows within first 2 weeks so they dont even need music shows as much cause they have other platforms to show stages..

I liked how SM did with Aespa's promotion this time, 1 week they did alternate music shows and the next week the remaining alternate.. that way its less tiring for idols, for their staff and makeup team and everyone.

I think more than idols, in this case, its, even more, tougher for the team working behind like the managers, hair and makeup, stylists cause they have to getthings ready way before idols wake up and then they have to leave along with the idol and after getting everything in place with vendors and companies.. I feel for the sake of them atleast it should be alternate days..

But yeah for smaller groups they don't really have any place to promote rather than these places, some even claim they love promoting for a long time cause thats the only way they get to interact with their fans more and feel better rather than staying in practice rooms ..

while there are some groups still kind of dying to even promote in music hows but dont have the sources to..

• It's a way for less known groups to make themselves known and get the public to know them.

Promotions on music shows can also help give a song that boost.

So yes, it's one way of promotion that can help idol groups, but of course it's not the only way of promotion that can help idol groups.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Someone read Suga's interview, haha.

I think TV is still an important medium to get your name out there. But it's not 2008 anymore, you technically can manage to get an audience outside of the traditionnal medias.

16 hours? thats a stretch. Idols get 1 or 2 weeks of rest (go back home and rest) after promotion ends. At least thats what happen with my fave. If the reward is a breakthrough. I dont feel like its a problem for them working extra hard.

They know how to keep away from covid. Its a closed environment. Im pretty sure they know how to control it. Doing a test every week for example.

• Never seen a show myself, only perfomance videos on Youtube. But as others said, probably still a important promotion channel for newer groups and they are only promoting a couple of weeks for each release so it's not like it's many weeks each year. Can a group not handle that they should quit the business.

Sure I can understand if a group like Twice that have a lot of releases each year feels it's but too much, but I don't think they and other well established groups promote on shows as much as they did when they where new? (don't really know to be honest). I don't think Girls' Generation was on shows much after their earlier years?

At the same time I think shows probably was more important in the earlier years of kpop around the 2nd generation 2007-2013. Today social media has grown and are much bigger than it was around 2010 so groups and companies can promote an social media much easier today.

• It's almost useless for established groups but some of them maybe like to attend these shows in spite of the wait. It's a way to meet fans and interact with them.

It's important for rookie and nugus groups.

The music shows could take measure to shorten the wait and companies should not send their group to all the music shows under the sun for three weeks unless they really need the exposure or want their first win. Something like that.

8zf-yB.gif   

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!