in-ear is professional but doesn't kill the fun for the artists?

• I saw Aespa members saying they hate it because they are used to perform songs normally but for promotion stages, they started using them for the first time. Some artists just take them off through the stage especially when they are feeling the audience (Taeyeon always does that). I guess that usually what separates music shows stages that are just for promoting the song and actual concerts/ festivals/award shows is that the artists most of the time take them off (during the performance)

lt64IYu.gif

Edited once, last by Yumeku ().

• I could see how it would be annoying particularly if you know the song by heart or if the mix is bad. I've seen artists pull one out before. I understand the practicality of them in an environment that is noisy or one that has a lot of reverb.

• They have it even on music shows tho...

Maybe it's just for the aesthetic...

And this is not the real iem mix, it's just a metronome and assistant that are fused to the original song...

They can allow to hear other members sing or not, have the metronome or not, having the actual track with their voice before/after the processing chain...

Maybe they should ask the engineer to change the settings if uncomfortable...

• That's what I am saying. They have it in all stages but usually, in concerts the idols act more freely by taking it off when they feel like it

lt64IYu.gif

• Well, it's the only way to make performance possible tbh if they are really trying to sing to a song correctly and not just dance their choreo while lip-sinking especially on the concert where the noise is just too much and is more like a distraction for an artist than fun. That's why they usually take it off only for a short time or just one in-ear or for ment time to hear fans.

• Um, artists do not just take in-ears off during concerts they won't be able to properly hear the music or other singers if they are in a group. As long as the in ears are working properly they may take them out briefly to better hear the audience screaming but that's it.

Tell'em Bangtan is dancing on the floorImage result for bts dancing gif fire

• Oooh, I always wanted to know what they heard in those ear things.

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Music shows can be really really loud and a lot of the noise is edited out or no fans due to the pandemic. So it makes sense that they need wear in-ears since you can’t hear your own voice sometimes. It is even hard sometimes to hear the artists’ voice because of the loud back track or fans

• Music shows can be really really loud and a lot of the noise is edited out or no fans due to the pandemic. So it makes sense that they need wear in-ears since you can’t hear your own voice sometimes. It is even hard sometimes to hear the artists’ voice because of the loud back track or fans

I know that's what iem are for.

These things are specifically molded to their ears an drastically reduce the noise, so they can sing in pitch with good timing.

• I know that's what iem are for.

These things are specifically molded to their ears an drastically reduce the noise, so they can sing in pitch with good timing.

Yeah I know but people tend to forget the noise since it is edited out. It is so loud at the broadcast station that I was very surprised (like I knew it was loud but it much much louder). I heard sometimes only the screaming and not even an ounce of the song lmao

• I remember one time in an award show (GDA I think) SNSD sung The Boys in the encore stage without the in-ears and even though they did great they were still out of sync with the actual music. So I guess it's impossible to have a proper performance without them when there's lots of noise/audience

• There are plenty of videos of artists pressing them in or putting them back on when it's their turn to sing. So it is useful/practical for them. It's professional because it's a tool for their job. Simply using it for looks makes no sense.

Don't know how true this is, but my sister told me a One Direction member lost a lot of his hearing by taking out his earpieces. So the noise can also be dangerous, especially since it's recurring.

• in-ears aren't aesthetic, they are a necessity. unless you're singing in small, intimate spaces with live instruments you need them to hear music and yourself.

this year on eurovision at the jury show, romania, malta, and ukraine had in-ear issues and they were allowed to perform again. romania had it worst, she was constantly out of time. eurovision is a big stage, with 3.5k live audience in front of you. she couldn't hear a thing.

whoever made the video could have at least tried to make metronome in beat.

• They're necessary because as good as sound tech is there can still be unwanted effects like delays, interference or simply not loud enough to overpower the crowd without being distorted. In ear monitors mean the artist can hear their song fully and thus sing as normal.

Artists usually take 1 or both of probably to soak in the crowds energy, there no real performance benefit to take them out

• I remember one time in an award show (GDA I think) SNSD sung The Boys in the encore stage without the in-ears and even though they did great they were still out of sync with the actual music. So I guess it's impossible to have a proper performance without them when there's lots of noise/audience

This one right

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yeah SNSD did a very good job of singing an encore without them but some parts members were off 1 or 2 beats which is down to them having no earphones.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!