How Much Did People Expect Blackpink's The Album To Sell On AKP?

• Were people thinking a million sales Or did they think they wouldn't sell that much and went for something lower?

I am curious because I heard that people didn't think The Album wouldn't sell much. I have even seen some people saying 250k-400k.

Also, were people shocked at the 1 million sales? Because I wasn't really because I thought all relevant acts always sell 1 million+ but I soon found out that 1 million isn't as common as I percived. Even in the western music world.

• I think 500-600k was the consensus. Basically like Twice. I remember picking 640k as the very highest it could ever go. Then those bad bit**** made a fool out of me lol. Only HardcorBLINK got it right, he picked 1M+.

• i thought around 750k. not even in this forum yet that time. girls did amazing. ^^

• I was a lurker at that time and almost everyone thought +450k and others who thought higher were made fun of.

When BP reached the 1M album sold .... Well, excuses came to place and hell broke loose.

• I lurked a lot before TA was released and I did notice that AKP loved to make BP look like were about to disband and were like out of the top 5 ggs, most people said 600-750k, only Hardcore and some users iirc said the pinks could reach 1m, then boom the 800k preorder in 6 days news came and it was a shitshow, specially the meltdown of the minion, he cried hard

• I lurked a lot before TA was released and I did notice that AKP loved to make BP look like were about to disband and were like out of the top 5 ggs, most people said 600-750k, only Hardcore and some users iirc said the pinks could reach 1m, then boom the 800k preorder in 6 days news came and it was a shitshow, specially the meltdown of the minion, he cried hard

That pre-order news was truly iconic to watch.

Was the minion dude the same one that supported the "Blackpink's achievements are irrelevant because they are all fandom driven" protest?

• Was the minion dude the same one that supported the "Blackpink's achievements are irrelevant because they are all fandom driven" protest?

Yes. He is a famous BP anti. Not famous bc he is iconic, but famous bc of his illusion, he makes excuses about every BLACKPINK achievement... kkkk

• I wish the old forums still existed so I could go back and read threads of people swearing they would never sell 1M or coping hard when the pre order numbers were announced

Before HYLT there were threads about how they weren't even a top 5 gg anymore people always get so brave when the pinks are on hiatus

• I wish the old forums still existed so I could go back and read threads of people swearing they would never sell 1M or coping hard when the pre order numbers were announced

Before HYLT there were threads about how they weren't even a top 5 gg anymore people always get so brave when the pinks are on hiatus

ur sig :pepe-joy:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!