Why south korea doesn't listen to boy group songs?

• the same reason why american or other boygroup like Why Dont We , CNCO , PrettyMuch flop

I LOVE WHY DON'T WE

:pepelove1::pepelove1::pepelove1::pepelove1::pepelove1:

GUYS PLEASE CHECK THEIR SONGS OUT

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

THEY EVEN HAD A COLLAB WITH ABBXI

• spend your time to stream your nugu faves instead of this thread flopppy

External Content youtu.be

• The PG if he listens to kpop groups, only his prejudices are more prevalent because of survival shows, awards shows and music shows. Most groups have the same concept and don't see much variety. For this reason, very few groups listen.

• The downside for ggs is that even though they go viral, they can just as quickly disappear; I’m looking at momoland. In both cases, the public isn’t into ggs or bgs. Ggs get lucky that they get a song that’s listened to by the public, but then they get pigeonholed into replicating the same concept which will get old and thus aren’t really taken seriously. Ggs are treated a little gimmicky which is why random ggs go viral: ohmygirl, momoland, exid, brave girls, etc. Only big3 ggs seem to maintain a fanbase.

But the BIGGEST reason I feel like is related to sexism. From my experience looking at Korean media culture, online Korean female influencers get popular by dancing gg dances. And because ggs can’t really dance in sexually revealing or suggestive outfits, it’s the influencers that will show massive cleveage and wear yoga pants. There’s always a big male audience for this. There have been several dances recently that got really viral amongst the Korean influencers I follow, and they always get so much views. Stream numbers go up once they start dancing. It’s a big part of Korean streaming influencer culture

• As in many countries in general, looking down idols is also a factor. Girl groups always have potential because there is conscription in the country. From time to time, the songs of boy groups also go viral. Like HOT, Big Bang, EXO. However, since BTS is now like the representative name of the country abroad, the support for them is much different and bigger.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• The downside for ggs is that even though they go viral, they can just as quickly disappear; I’m looking at momoland. In both cases, the public isn’t into ggs or bgs. Ggs get lucky that they get a song that’s listened to by the public, but then they get pigeonholed into replicating the same concept which will get old and thus aren’t really taken seriously. Ggs are treated a little gimmicky which is why random ggs go viral: ohmygirl, momoland, exid, brave girls, etc. Only big3 ggs seem to maintain a fanbase.

But the BIGGEST reason I feel like is related to sexism. From my experience looking at Korean media culture, online Korean female influencers get popular by dancing gg dances. And because ggs can’t really dance in sexually revealing or suggestive outfits, it’s the influencers that will show massive cleveage and wear yoga pants. There’s always a big male audience for this. There have been several dances recently that got really viral amongst the Korean influencers I follow, and they always get so much views. Stream numbers go up once they start dancing. It’s a big part of Korean streaming influencer culture

Is that why Alcohol-Free is kinda trendy in SK right now?

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Because bgs need to do catchy songs or enjoyable to listen without the performance. Think about the hit from bgs they are either ballad or a songs with a catchy chorus and point dance.

For example BTS biggest songs are Spring Day, Boy with luv, Dynamite while a song like ON did good but didn't last long. Same for big bang their biggest hits are bang bang bang, fantastic baby, haru haru, loser.

For Winner Sentimental and Really Really.

Also for smaller groups, Btob their ballads, Pentagon Shine, Suju Sorry Sorry, 2pm Again Again, Heartbeat and Hand Up etc

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!