Did one of the ENHYPEN members utter the N word? Why #PROTECTBLACKENGENES is trending?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

E5F687sXoAQeOZV?format=jpg&name=900x900

Why are ENGENES fighting?

• Official Post

Omg who died? And why? What's going on?

Basically from what I understand

• there's a video where the members are backstage or on live or something singing and it sounds like Heesung sings a line with the n word in it. some can hear it and some can't so who knows?
    • a black Engene made a tiktok about it and how it made her feel as a person who found comfort in the group and was attacked by some so called fans
    • she then made another tiktok (I think it could have been a tweet, but all the screenshots I've seen are from tiktok comments about it) that left her last words to Enhypen and then deleted her accounts
    • earlier (about 4-5 hours ago is the last time I looked) I couldn't find any confirmation of the suicide, just people thinking it happened since they deleted
    • meanwhile their Weverse section is apparently overrun with horribly racist anti-black comments
    • Belift and Hybe have done absolutely nothing helpful and only made a statement that they will pursue legal action against malicious comments and that people should report them on weverse

I haven't checked the situation since late afternoon my time because honestly the hashtag was depressing as shit and there were people posting self harm photos in the hashtag so I personally didn't want to go further.

edit to add: like I said this is just my understanding of what's happening based on tweets. some of the accounts I follow have been trying to boost awareness of the situation with the fan on tiktok. some of this may very well be false and more info may have come to light since earlier today, but I just personally had to get away from the story

• Honestly I can’t hear sh*t on that video because there is two of them singing the same time in the background. Jake also pulled Heesung closer to be in the camera frame in that moment when the supposed n word happened.

I would love to hear a statement from Hybe. At this point the best would be if they clarify this since there is so much worry from the fandoms and there is also some nasty people out there who leave comments. It’s not only about that word anymore but the effect that this has on people.

• He sang "nay" and paused, at which point another member started singing a line of a different song that began with "neol/neor" (which is the supposed "hard r" people are hearing), and then they both could be heard singing at the same time. It's pretty clear, people just aren't listening very closely.

• Basically from what I understand

• there's a video where the members are backstage or on live or something singing and it sounds like Heesung sings a line with the n word in it. some can hear it and some can't so who knows?
    • a black Engene made a tiktok about it and how it made her feel as a person who found comfort in the group and was attacked by some so called fans
    • she then made another tiktok (I think it could have been a tweet, but all the screenshots I've seen are from tiktok comments about it) that left her last words to Enhypen and then deleted her accounts
    • earlier (about 4-5 hours ago is the last time I looked) I couldn't find any confirmation of the suicide, just people thinking it happened since they deleted
    • meanwhile their Weverse section is apparently overrun with horribly racist anti-black comments
    • Belift and Hybe have done absolutely nothing helpful and only made a statement that they will pursue legal action against malicious comments and that people should report them on weverse

I haven't checked the situation since late afternoon my time because honestly the hashtag was depressing as shit and there were people posting self harm photos in the hashtag so I personally didn't want to go further.

edit to add: like I said this is just my understanding of what's happening based on tweets. some of the accounts I follow have been trying to boost awareness of the situation with the fan on tiktok. some of this may very well be false and more info may have come to light since earlier today, but I just personally had to get away from the story

Just a context note - he’s singing Love Galore by SZA and the line in question most definitely has the word in it in her song.

It’s been very ugly on Twt.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

I don't think Hybe would or should issue a statement in this situation. The labels operate independently and are responsible for the groups they manage. Also CJE&M owns more of Belift than Hybe and is responsible for the management side of En-. Hybe only handles the music production. People should direct their feedback directly to Belift and maybe CJE&M.

It's like how Alphabet is the holding company for Google. If shit hits the fan at Google, it's Google that responds, not Alphabet because they're not really involved. I'm pretty sure it's like that.

• Personally I can't hear it, it sounds like he said the first syllable of the word and then stopped? Regardless, the way some engenes have been reacting has been absolutely awful.
    Belift should make a statement regarding this because the damage has been done (especially if an engene committed suicide because of the hate).
    It is crazy on twitter and I don't recommend anyone check out the hashtags because some of the images posted are triggering.

• The whole situation is getting so out of hand! Belift do freaking something. This is effecting everyone negatively. Ugh I'm tired being in the fandom.

Also the weverse issue, no one can guarantee if it is really from an engene or not. Anyone can make an acc there and post extremely disturbing stuff just to hurt others and stir shit in the fandom.

• Official Post

All I'll say is that Twitter has been an absolute mess, please DO NOT look through the hashtag because some pics and posts can be very triggering.

I don't know whether or not he said it but stan twt has been in shambles. Considering ENHYPEN's fandom is mostly comprised of I-fans, I think it's best if Belift or HYBE release a statement.

Holy shit this is a mess.

I personally honestly can't hear the n-word no matter how much I listen to the video, but the way the situation blew up like that... I don't really know what Belift and Hybe are supposed to say, though...

• What is weverse exactly? have the inhuman comments atleast been taken down already?

It's a fan/artist platform for Hybe Labels artists, YGE artists, as well as a bunch of other kpop and Western artists. It's run by Weverse Company under the Hybe umbrella. I'm not on Enhypen's weverse though (I'm only BTS and TXT weverse) so I'm not sure if the comments are removed. It's fairly easy to report comments there though and the threshold for removing them is pretty low- meaning they don't need to be reported many times before they're removed.

• Well I’m clearly an engene, a blasian one on top of it, and I have no reason to lie, but I hear the nword, with a hard r.

I hear two different voices, one presumably Heeseung singing SZA’s Galore. The line goes “skrt skrt N*gga”, but I’m hearing “skrt skrt n*gger”. When I hear “nword”, at the end of it, with a softer and more quieter voice, I hear Jungwons voice go “saranghae”. Then Immediately after Jake pulls Heeseung into the camera.

I heard this when I was first watching the video a few days ago, a little before it started gaining traction. I was like “are my ears deceiving me or did I just hear someone say the nword”. I thought it was either heeseung or jay initially. Then well like next day and my twitter feed is out of control. I don’t know how people don’t hear it but I think Belift should just address it, someone also needs to address these rabid anti-black fans. Literally if that s*icide is true then that is truly heartbreaking.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!