Are we experiencing a generational shift?

• mamamoo isn't going into hiatus it seems wheein is still gonna promote with mamamoo until 2023

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

it's a given their group promos are going to be fewer each year and they are focusing in their solo careers, like exo or snsd

• I think this might be the time where transitions start to happen, like it did in 2014-2015.

Contracts of the top 3rd gen groups are reaching their end, and groups will start to disband or lose members.

A number of them will do less well than at their peak.

Other groups will rise to popularity, among them 4th gen groups.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• yeah and people saying that 4th gen can't start because BTS and BP are still leading means nothing

Big bang, snsd were still leading when 3rd gen debuted in 2012

that doesn't mean that it wasn't 3rd gen yet

groups of 3rd gen still going strong now are just group who are peaking late and peaked end 3rd gen

BTS started leading 3rd gen around 2017-2018 which means 5 years after 3rd gen debuted

Blackpink surpassed Twice as the leading GG last year, which means almost 5 years since Twice become the top GG of 3rd gen

Oh my girl start gaining momentum last year so they peaked really late

etc.....

the best way to notice if it's a shift or not

would be to use group who peaked very early during 3rd gen and were doing great for all these years but are losing momentum lately like EXO and Twice

they are the BG and GG who dominated 3rd gen for most of the time and their recent performance show that they lost momentum

+ Groups who are now disbanding

it's clear that we are in 4th gen now and anybody denying it is delusional

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• SooYoung, I see you criticize TWICE sometimes, but I will let it pass.

I think this post of yours really makes sense because seeing K-Pop from a view from another country, not Korea, some people will think 3rd gen is still strong because of BTS and BLACKPINK.

TWICE and EXO have already secured themselves big spots, Red Velvet has been thriving despite scandals, and BTS and BLACKPINK are still dominating, but the 4th gen groups are now rising higher than the last years.

I still love my faves from 3rd gen, they are iconic, I will still listen to their music. 4th gen can start, and I agree with you, this is quite a generational shift.

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• It's pretty clear some of the big players of 3rd gen are past their peak or already disbanded. But BTS, BP, NCT and Seventeen are still going strong.

It feels like we're in the late phase of 3rd gen reaching it's end. But 4th gen still needs to catch up even if 3rd gen is in decline.

• It's pretty clear some of the big players of 3rd gen are past their peak or already disbanded. But BTS, BP, NCT and Seventeen are still going strong.

It feels like we're in the late phase of 3rd gen reaching it's end. But 4th gen still needs to catch up even if 3rd gen is in decline.

we might be at the beginning of the generation shift but definitely not fully even a second generation group like brave girls' popularity skyrocketed

let me copy and paste what I said in another thread

"I think we can say that when a 4 gen groups gets a PAK or charts on bbhot 100 then definitely there will be a massive shift. ."

^ I agree with this until then we can't really say 4th gen are surpassing 3rd gen girl groups. In addiction, the 2nd/ 3rd generation big shift happened when snsd were no longer relevant and with twice's national continuous national hits and I still haven't seen that with any 4th gen groups yet.

at least they should have tour power, global recognition and impact, great digitals, good physicals and general public recognition.

in order for us to say 4th gen took over they need to surpass 3rd gen achievements

For example, twice did it successfully when snsd was around and then later blackpink became the biggest kpop girl group.

• I wouldn't say they have to beat past achievements of 3rd gen. 4th gen just need to perform better than 3rd gen currently is.

• I wouldn't say they have to beat past achievements of 3rd gen. 4th gen just need to perform better than 3rd gen currently is.

this is what I don't understand lol there is a certain bias towards 4th gen a like 3rd gen had to prove and surpass 2nd gen in order to say 3rd took over 2nd generation. Twice did it with snsd.

this hasn't happened yet

melon top 10 are BTS, OMG, brave girls (2 songs), Heize (debuted in 2014) and IU

yes aespa and stayc are there too but so are 3rd gen groups/artists

NCT for example is going stronger physically it's not even bts only

edit: I'm talking about 4th gen surpassing 3rd gen groups but I'm not denying the generational shift is starting. it took a couple of years for 3rd groups to surpass 2nd gen (2015/2016)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!