Do a lot of asian women prefer to date white men or is it just a stereotype?

• They've done a lot of "dating studies" and according to the results asian women will generally have a greater preference to white men compared to other races. The question is, how much does this reflect reality? From personal experience when I asked asian women who i matched on a dating app their ideal type the answer is often a white male of Anglo-Germanic ancestry, so basically anyone who looks like a Brad Pitt type. To be fair I also told them my ideal type. Even in kpop I noticed this. Do you think it's just a stereotype or there is indeed some truth that a lot of Asian women (more than the average) will prefer an idealized white male for dating compared to an idealized male of other races.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

https://www.npr.org/sections/c…vor-white-men-asian-women

B-IMscDCQAAZhWt.png

• Im starting to understand your mindset a lot better :clown:

Actually I was going to make another topic: "is homophobia against bts might be due to repressed bi/homosexuality" but then i read a reddit post talking about this so i wanted to ask akp social experts on it

• Yes, white men's light features are considered hot in Asia, although many Asians may not admit to that. You need to see ow popular guys with blue eyes are, among girls.

External Content www.youtube.com

• they don't

• Yes, white men's light features are considered hot in Asia, although many Asians may not admit to that. You need to see ow popular guys with blue eyes are, among girls.

yes, there seems to be a visual novelty factor. just look how many kpop idols get hair dyes and colored lenses, apparently that's attractive to their audiences in east asia. and obviously the majority of east asians don't have those features naturally compared to people of north european ancestry.

• depends on the type of asian women you ask...

is the stat based on asian american or westernised asian women?

or are you asking asian women in modern China/korea/japan/thailand/vietnam/singapore/malaysia/laos/cambodia etc etc (if i missed your country sorry)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!