Why do people believe "less attractive" people don't have standards?

• Have you noticed this? In the man-o-sphere it's a common stereotype that women of weight will settle for any man. Or that women considered ugly by society have no reason to be chasing after attractive men. Obviously even people who are rated "low" in looks will have standards and won't just date any random person who doesn't suit their preferences. Same applies to oppas. Just because you "love" them doesn't mean they'll feel anything for you.

• true in theory but what happens in reality is, people who realize they cant reach what they want do eventually lower than standards in fear of loneliness

thats how it works

no one is born equally gifted in any way

and people dont actually think or do what they say they want to

because we do not always know what we really need and might misjudge before we get a taste of the real thing

that said, a person born with rare beauty already has a much larger choice so it is very likely they are aware they can get both looks and personality so not likely they will settle for less

• Having standards is good. The world is the way it is because of lack of standards.

Standards doesn't mean you literally want the best/most/greatest thing there is, instead it means the right measures or qualification or combinations suited to the person.

• I got that comment a lot when I worked in music and told people my list of 5 dating rules.

- No Musicians

- No One with Past Issues Abusing their Partners

- No One over 5 years older than me (I increased it a few years ago to 10 years)

- No One who does not match my morals (no racists, homophobes, transphobes, misogynistic attitudes, no rape apologists. etc. Essentially be a decent human to others).

- No lying about age or not having kids, when you do have kids (this is VERY common)

I would list these as being my standards for myself when people would ask for a second date, if they broke any of those I would say no and kindly explain myself. I would then get told I am too scary to date and that I am too ambitious for a woman, and that "should be glad they gave me a chance to date them". Usually I would go home and end the night blocking that person. :wellr:

Keep your standards, when they are reasonable like above. Do not let people disrespect y'all, please.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• My standards are very high, I won't date anyone who:

• goes against what I believe in, so racists, homophobes, ect
    • has a past with abusive relationships (where they were the abuser), alcohol problems, drugs, crime in general
    • has no friends (this leads to over dependant partners)
    • doesn't accept the fact that I will date men, women and all genders or sexes, all races and religions, and people from all cultures
    • doesn't accept that I am my own person, and I will do what I choose to do, no matter how much I love the person
  • and some pretty people have low standards as well. I've seen good looking people dating unattractive people.

some people might be very attractive but still have self esteem issues not they don't might have high standards for physical appearance.

• yeah I wanted to say that too some people have different values as well it's all relative to the person.

I am not/have never considered myself a particularly attractive person, even when I was younger. What I do know is that I noted a bit of a shift as I grew older between trying to go for people I thought were hot and had similar interests to me to gravitating more to people (in friendships or romantic relationship) because of deeper values or shared beliefs. I mean, obviously, for a relationship you still need to have physical attraction, but I started being aware there were more important things which needed to considered, for me at least, anyway.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!