Who are the stylists working on Imitation...

• I couldn't help but notice how subpar the styling choices were in Imitation (at least to me). It's a drama about the kpop industry, one of the glitziest and most stylish industries, and yet the styling is not that great... Here are some examples of what I'm talking about.

Exhibit A: Maha's hair

maxresdefault.jpg

I can't pinpoint what exactly, but something's just weird about her hair. And a lot of other viewers pointed that out. I don't know if it's a case of bad extensions or they're just not styling her hair properly. She cut her hair in episode 2 and that hairstyle lasted like 5 minutes, and they just switched to her old (long) hair without any explanation. It's also more apparent when you're watching the show, than when you're just looking at this picture.

Exhibit B: Whatever the fk this is

maha1.png

Maha's La Rima costume is just so bad. That's the cheapest wig I've ever seen. I don't know if this was intentional or not. I could kind of understand this when she was a nobody desperate for any kind of gig/performance and probably couldn't afford anything better. But this was on a freaking music (or variety) show when she became an idol. Her CEO could've invested in a better costume if he already decided to let her act as Rima's copycat (I'm not hating on the CEO, but dude, you could've bought a better wig).

Exhibit C: What they did to poor Hwiyoung's hair...

d622b7b385a52b0b77dc606e712ec91c133cf1a9.jpg

Imitation-KD-Hwi_Young.jpg

Ngl, this one hurts the most... What is with this terrible, terrible bowl cut? He did not deserve this... :pepe-sad:

Exhibit D: Maha's wardrobe

image-2021-06-05-195838.png

maha3.png

maha2.png

Why are they dressing her as if she's ready to go to a retirement home... I feel like these outfits would be a lot cuter if the clothes didn't look so huge on her. Also, I feel like it'd work better on someone a bit taller.

Exhibit E: Maha's eyebrows

maha4.png

:pepestare:

Exhibit F: Ryoc's hair (sometimes)

image-2021-06-05-200448.png

If it wasn't apparent already, I really dislike these thick bowl cuts, covering the entirety of a person's forehead. They just look like helmets, sorry... This is much better, imo:

c61e9dc206e24e84acf5d07116ad4eba.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Exhibit G: Tea Party's debut outfits

Imitation-episode-4-kdramadiary-e.jpg?fit=947%2C452&ssl=1

Okay, these are kind of cute. But I still think it's a good idea, that wasn't executed the best.

So, yeah, I'm not happy with the stylist' work... Is this how it's supposed to be according to the webtoon? I don't know, is it just me that has not taste...? Well, at least I can look at the sexy CEO:

Xm1JZ_3f.jpg

DISCLAIMER: I've noticed the majority of these are about Maha, so I just wanted to clarify that I'm not at all trying to criticize Jung Ji So's looks. I think she's a very pretty, young, promising actress. My criticism is directed at the people who made the styling choices.

• Smeraldo

Changed the title of the thread from “Who are the stylist working on Imitation...” to “Who are the stylists working on Imitation...”.
  • Lmao, I looked it up, and yeah, you're right. That's probably the closest thing we could compare her hair to :pepe-cringe:

• Give me 100 bucks for the outfits per actor/actress, a camera and some dude who edits the thing and I swear I would let it look more expensive than that

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• it has incredibly low budget coming from KBS2 show, i actually bored of the drama even though i love my ATEEZ boys so much, i only watch their cuts lmao :pepe-joy:

And I'm not even a huge ATEEZ or SF9 fan, so I really have no reason watch it. I wonder why I'm still watching it, though... I guess cuz my Fridays are empty after Taxi Driver ended, but I could be studying...

• I didn't watched it yet and went on Viki ... just to see how many episodes it allready got ... Yunho a main actor? ooof

PS: the show got a 9.8 rating on Viki

Fans of the webtoon or the idols probably gave it good ratings. Tbh, you shouldn't trust the ratings on Viki. Some good shows have ratings lower than 9, and some horrible shows have amazing ratings. When it comes to Yunho, I believe he's the one playing Yu Jin. He's the typical too good to be true second male lead, that won't get the girl and he honestly doesn't have that much screen time, so if you were thinking of watching it for him, don't bother...

• I know. I watched a Japanese drama with a solid 10/10 rating by 9K people and the review was "Omg the male main actor is so fucking hot" by literally everyone

I know... Still baffled at the amount of people who think BOF is like the best drama ever

• I'm surprised that no one talked about Ryoc's character in that movie. The beard and the hair looked horrible and cheap af.

Everything looks cheap and like done in 10 minutes. The producers were thinking that if they gather lots of idols there would be no need to invest in other things since success is guaranteed. But the ratings showed the truth.

I'm watching it because of Yunho and JY, but tbh the production totally destroyed such a good story. that could help a little bit the industry, with their cheap investment.

• I'm surprised that no one talked about Ryoc's character in that movie. The beard and the hair looked horrible and cheap af.

Everything looks cheap and like done in 10 minutes. The producers were thinking that if they gather lots of idols there would be no need to invest in other things since success is guaranteed. But the ratings showed the truth.

I'm watching it because of Yunho and JY, but tbh the production totally destroyed such a good story. that could help a little bit the industry, with their cheap investment.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about Ryoc's hair and makeup for that historical drama...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!