Best female main vocalist based on your knowledge of singing? ~

• You did Siyeon so dirty :waterr:

I'm so sorry 😭😭😭. I want to rank her higher but i can't. If it werent for her support, she's higher. I mean she's very consistent on pitch. Her ease in high notes is her strength. Her stylistic way of singing is actually great for me. She sounded exactly like the recorded version. BOCA's highnote 👌🏻. Tbh, Siyeon has a lot of potential, but her way of singing is very stylistic (example, raise your larynx to create unique sound). Camilla Cabello and Britney are the primary example of stylistic singing but when Camilla relaxed her vocal, it's actually very great.

Also i noticed one thing, when Taeyeon made her solo debut she began to sing with style like Siyeon but she maintained her technique. Yeah, i'm being too hard on Siyeon, sorry insomnias 🙇‍♀️

• Agree with your ranking 😁 The only part i disagree would be BoA but your ranking is pretty accurate and it's objective. Ailee is very skilled, and both Taeyeon and Wendy are interchangeable. 👌🏻

• Out of your list here's how I rank them:

1. Taeyeon

2. Ailee

3. Wendy

4. Yuju

5. BoA

6. Solar

7. Siyeon

8. Chuu

9. Jihyo

10. Rosé

All of these are amazing singers, not only cause their vocals are pleasing to the ear but because of their stength, stableness, vocal technique, range, and other factors that make them great vocalists. The top 3 of my list don't need question but the reason I put Rosie and Jihyo at the bottom is because Rosé's talented but she doesn't have a great vocal technique or range as the others. Rosé has her voice restricted sometimes and she does a lot better in the high ranges but low ranges doesn't suit her too well and Jisoo's low ranges kind of balances it, but she is a very good singer. As for Jihyo, she's very talented but she's the opposite of Rosé, she suits the low tones better despite being very flexible. She overall has a better vocal technique than Rosé and is more stable.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• If we count Ailee (who isn't really kpop) she is by far the most skilled vocalist among them.

Another underrated vocalist must be Hyolyn, former SISTAR member. She supports down to F3 and up to Eb5/E5, recently even up to F5 on a good day. She has really nice coordinated belts and resonance, and one of the best female lower registers in kpop. Her improvement has been amazing in the past 2 years. She is closest to Ailee in terms of technique.

1. Ailee

2. Hyolyn

3. Luna

>

4. Taeyeon

5. Wendy

6. Eunji

7. Raina

8. Solar

9. Yuju

10. Jihyo

The rest.

• The only thing I know about technicals of singing is what others say reach singers ranges are lol. In almost all rankings like that Ailee is the best around.

But at the end of the day that's only 1 aspect of singing and doesn't tell the full story. There are subjective things you can't really quantify like tone, emotion, music style etc.

IMO Taeyeon is unmatched by anyone when it comes to overall package. She's got great technique sure but she is so much more: she can pull off any and every music style, her voice is very pleasant to many, she's great at conveying emotion especially during ballads, tons of charisma even when she's just standing in one spot and so on.

• ew

loonapop only

Pin by ʀɪɴᴀ on LOOΠΔ | We heart it, Image, Find image

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!