Kpop group with Western ppl can be not cringy !!!

• and this project group was the proof

when a Kpop group with western people is well made it can be not cringy

they put enough money in the mv to not make it look cheap

it can be see that the girls work on their proununciation and skills

western kpop groups like Kaachi etc... should take example

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• They did not try to make them Korean or Asian. Most Western K-Pop groups feel like imitation when they should just take the K-Pop concepts and make them suitable to them. EXP edition was so cringy I still feel it in my bones

• omg I loved them when this first came out and I was so sad to discover they were just an experiment group for a show. But honestly this song is a BOP and they executed it so well! :ak_janedab:

~ ω

• Can anyone provide a link for the full show? I thought that song was good and this group should have been signed up by someone, as you have a ready made crossover K-Pop/ Western group to take to the world.

WHY YOU SHOULDN'T HATE ON IDOLS

1. They are young people trying their best in a competitive industry.

2. You don't know what other pressures they are under, company mistreatment, diet, lack of success, not earning, long hard hours, family problems etc.

3. They have worked for years towards a dream to entertain us and offer it up pretty much free if you factor in streaming, Youtube MVs, reality shows.

4. We all know what can happen in extreme cases, mental health problems and even suicide (Sulli)

• My problem with western adaptions is they are just lazily done. Its obvious from the video that they cant dance and whoever choreographed it has no idea what to do with their formation. There is one part of the video they just seem to be dancing in a weird diamond shape.

And if you look at 0:32, they literally have unsynced parts in the music video (which i think is why larger groups are harder to do).

Still a horrible attempt. We need a SKILLED western kpop group, but it seems no one wants to commit to training or finding members who can sing & dance well. Also my problem is, they always choose less visually appealing korean girls, like those are the only ones willing to tie themselves to this disaster. No shade, but coming from someone that generally prefers asians, the white girls are prettier here and that doesn't sit right with me :/

Edit: Another mistake at 2:50, like this is a REALLY bad attempt

• it was just a project group , they release 1 song

Was there any kind of full show and lots of episodes and where can we see it

2. You don't know what other pressures they are under, company mistreatment, diet, lack of success, not earning, long hard hours, family problems etc.

3. They have worked for years towards a dream to entertain us and offer it up pretty much free if you factor in streaming, Youtube MVs, reality shows.

4. We all know what can happen in extreme cases, mental health problems and even suicide (Sulli)

• My problem with western adaptions is they are just lazily done. Its obvious from the video that they cant dance and whoever choreographed it has no idea what to do with their formation. There is one part of the video they just seem to be dancing in a weird diamond shape.

And if you look at 0:32, they literally have unsynced parts in the music video (which i think is why larger groups are harder to do).

Still a horrible attempt. We need a SKILLED western kpop group, but it seems no one wants to commit to training or finding members who can sing & dance well. Also my problem is, they always choose less visually appealing korean girls, like those are the only ones willing to tie themselves to this disaster. No shade, but coming from someone that generally prefers asians, the white girls are prettier here and that doesn't sit right with me :/

Don't think it's horrible at all, they won't be as tight as girls who haven't gone through a trainee system for years. Song is good, they look good I think if they'd continued could have done something here with more training and hours put in. Why do you have a problem with the white girls looking good or better than the Asians? One of them is AKB isn't she

• Don't think it's horrible at all, they won't be as tight as girls who haven't gone through a trainee system for years. Song is good, they look good I think if they'd continued could have done something here with more training and hours put in. Why do you have a problem with the white girls looking good or better than the Asians? One of them is AKB isn't she

That's the problem tho. If your not gonna follow the standard industry practices, why are you even trying. Idols being well trained is one of the draws to kpop, we shouldn't be diluting that to be more inclusive. That's why people think its disrespectful to the industry and is just a white half-baked take over of a asian phenomenon.

Also i think its because Kpop has done alot of redefining Asians in media. Many have said kpop groups give asian men/women great representation as being attractive/pop stars that you dont see in the west. So yeah, when a genre that has been helpful to asians seems like its just promoting white girls (who already get enough promo), i see that as a negative.

• The song sound really good, and the MV looks great, but most of their voices sound bland to me. I think ifm, I don't know how to make sound it nice, better singers were involved it could be really good

This wasn't done for an actual debuting group. This was a fun project for teenage girls who were into kpop. It was a small side project for a TV show about foreigners and Korean culture. Do agree with you about visual thing though. Korean beauty standers generally praise features more found in white people so it's not surprising the girls of color didn't fit them very well.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!