Do you think preferential treatment is fair or not in Kpop ?

• Is preferential treatment unfair? 18

1. Yes (1) 6%
    2. No (3) 17%
    3. Depends on the situation (14) 78%

A few days ago I saw people on Twitter debating if preferential treatment can be fair or if it’s always unfair.

So I wanna know your opinion on this when it comes to Kpop.

Arguments for it:

- if you reach a certain level you deserve to be rewarded with special treatment

- with popularity comes brand power, with brand power comes money. So favoring them could be in favor for you

Arguments against it:

- to say those who get it work hard is implying that those who ain’t getting it aren’t working hard enough

- nobody should be treated better or should be more favored because of their status

- can be easily abused by biased people

• Depends on the situation.

In general to kpop fans if their faves are the favored one then ok, but if not well... And this mentality already screams hypocrisy so...

If you have a chance to be favored in life I doubt anyone would refuse it.

Liking it or not companies have plans and expectations so if they do favor an idol we should just think logically as they aren't families, they are literally business partners so they obviously see the potential and the profit they could get.

If the favor is in clothes, make up and things like this. I won't say anything about it as it's a trauma in my fandom kkkkk

• Yeah true that. Nobody would refuse it if they would get it. But others will see it as unfair, until they get it too.

• Official Post

"Popularity" is a thing. It is a human trait to give preferential treatment to others based on one thing or another. It takes real effort to try to be impartial and unbiased. Ain't going to happen to a majority of people and this includes kpop. The real question becomes: what is "fair"? Is there such thing when we know what human nature is?

• "Popularity" is a thing. It is a human trait to give preferential treatment to others based on one thing or another. It takes real effort to try to be impartial and unbiased. Ain't going to happen to a majority of people and this includes kpop. The real question becomes: what is "fair"? Is there such thing when we know what human nature is?

The philosophiser you are kkkk

• We should all be against it, doesn't matter who is more famous or has more stan attractor factor all members work together, just as hard.

Solo promo is another stuff,

Well in some situation I think it’s necessary.

Like when GD got an extra patient room at the military hospital that was just for higher ranked soldiers. He had to get it cause his high popularity lead to people harassing him in the hospital while he was stationed in a room with other soldiers at first and it was the only single room available. He couldn’t recover probably from his operation and other soldiers got disturbed too.

When it came out people called out the military for preferential treatment, yet many others also saw it as necessary.

• Depends on business. If i am investor, and if someone brings profit to me. I will give them more perks. As simple as that. Why would i invest in loss venture?

And special treatment is earned by achievements. Prove yourself and earn it.

It is same in corporate and public sectors too. Not just kpop

A top surgeon will be given more perks than a rookie.

• It very much is, and sadly it still goes on in the fandom :sweatr1:  

*Very few though*

work in progress

• "Popularity" is a thing. It is a human trait to give preferential treatment to others based on one thing or another. It takes real effort to try to be impartial and unbiased. Ain't going to happen to a majority of people and this includes kpop. The real question becomes: what is "fair"? Is there such thing when we know what human nature is?

When you know what human nature is, fair really does become a concept that needs to be further discussed it’s pretty nuanced.

For many fair would be = equal treatment no matter the circumstances. Yet equal treatment could lead to inequity cause not everyone has the same circumstances.

So very often what we consider as fair or unfair is based to what makes us feel better.

• Official Post

When you know what human nature is, fair really does become a concept that needs to be further discussed it’s pretty nuanced.

For many fair would be = equal treatment no matter the circumstances. Yet equal treatment could lead to inequity cause not everyone has the same circumstances.

So very often what we consider as fair or unfair is based to what makes us feel better.

"Fair" usually never as black and white as some try to paint it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!