Do you think preferential treatment is fair or not in Kpop ?

• Do we have anctual definition of fair and unfair??? Not just in kpop but in real world too.

Like ppl who are top of the class get to choose their project partners, ppl who are top at an organization get to choose what they work on. Ppl who came first in exams get to choose their choice of course before everyone. Do all these come under preferential treatment???

• Do we have anctual definition of fair and unfair??? Not just in kpop but in real world too.

Like ppl who are top of the class get to choose their project partners, ppl who are top at an organization get to choose what they work on. Ppl who came first in exams get to choose their choice of course before everyone. Do all these come under preferential treatment???

Having a choice is not preferential treatment tho, it’s privilege.

• Having a choice is not preferential treatment tho, it’s privilege.

It is tho, the reason they can choose is they are at first and that is preferential treatment.

Privilege is when you receive something you don't deserve or worked hard for it. The person who came first definitely should have worked hard for ot

• People are confusing fair and equal. If two kids are thirsty and I give them both a glass of apple juice to drink that is equal. If two kids are thirsty and I give them both a glass of apple juice to drink but one kid is allergic to apples that's equal but it's not fair. Fair treatment is always situational and based on an individuals needs.

Tell'em Bangtan is dancing on the floorImage result for bts dancing gif fire

• It is tho, the reason they can choose is they are at first and that is preferential treatment.

Privilege is when you receive something you don't deserve or worked hard for it. The person who came first definitely should have worked hard for ot

That’s so wrong lol.Privilege is a special right, advantage or immunity granted or available to a person or group.

Receiving something you don’t deserve or didn’t worked hard for is preferential treatment, that could come from privilege yes, but must not necessarily be.

• The way you describe is it weird. Giving more screen time to the actually popular idols is not “preferential” treatment. That’s how it will be and that’s how it should be.

The entertainment industry by its very definition is to entertain people why put a nugu up on stage for 15 mins if no one is going to watch them or care about them? Doesn’t make any sense.

Is your point that nugus should keep getting screen time even if no one cares about them? Eye- because in your mind that’s “fair”?

• That’s so wrong lol.Privilege is a special right, advantage or immunity granted or available to a person or group.

Receiving something you don’t deserve or didn’t worked hard for is preferential treatment, that could come from privilege yes, but must not necessarily be.

well the way you look at world is different then.

Not at all ppl at top have privilege but everyone at top does have preferential treatment. Now whether that treatment is earned or just given to them makes the difference.

some one worked hard for years which made them too visible that ppl can't ignore them anymore and are given special treatment and someone who came to a position because of privilege and are given the same treatment, this is when fair and unfair comes into picture.

We live in a world where ppl worship what is useful to them and prefer it over other. It's neither wrong nor right. But the years of work behind that treatment does make a difference on how ppl react to it.

• If one member is being prioritised over the group, then it’s definitely unfair. Also, these things can start early. You see pre debut how certain members are given zero exposure and other members are being given multiple opportunities.

But if a member is popular, them having the most activities makes sense, it’s not preferential treatment, it’s just business. It sticks out more when companies deny opportunities to popular members. Look at Lisa. The most popular female idol and she’s only just getting her solo debut, and even that doesn’t have a date. That is mad from a business point of view.

• The way you describe is it weird. Giving more screen time to the actually popular idols is not “preferential” treatment. That’s how it will be and that’s how it should be.

The screentime was just one of several including “etc” examples I gave after someone asked me. You make it sound like it was my main point :eyes:

The entertainment industry by its very definition is to entertain people why put a nugu up on stage for 15 mins if no one is going to watch them or care about them? Doesn’t make any sense.

Is your point that nugus should keep getting screen time even if no one cares about them? Eye- because in your mind that’s “fair”?

No that was not my point, I didn’t even commented this lol. So what do you mean in my mind it’s fair?

I even talked about that equality isn’t always equity in this very Thread.... lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!