how can NCT DREAM ended up being the most succesful unit so far ?

• Official Post

They not less popular though. They're just more popular in Korea than abroad unlike 127 and WayV.

• i think it's because the nct dream members were in that mickey mouse club show so they had lot of fans even before debut and their fans probably grew up with them. i remember seeing a predebut video on youtube where they are entering SM and there were so many fans outside taking their pictures.

• first they started with something more friendly in term of sound

then i would say the fact of starving the fans make them wants to buy everything release about NCT dream to prove their support

and finally the fact that the members have been introduce to the public slowly, Mark was a MC, Jeno was MC on the show, Jisung was on a show with eunhyunk taemin etc.. and then on another dance show, jaemin had his drama debut, appear in a show with Hyunmin and another about games with IOI sohye, Chenle and Renjun are doing/or did a radio show

while NCT 127 may have more promo but their promotion are more Music oriented, and promoting their songs

they didn't have the opportunity to be put in front of the Public when they aren't promoting a cb

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• Wouldn't call them the most succesfull unit, they have done and are doing great for the bare promotion they received until this cb though, they had since like 2019 very big buying power from korean and chinese fans (Jaemin or Renjun have some impressive c-bars) and I feel like they have gathered some western attention lately as well. 127 may sell as well on their next cb though, since their last release was 1 year ago.

Neo got my back

bottom!Taeyong | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• Aside from what the other fans said here, there's also the fact NCT as a whole witnessed a huge popularity boost with Resonance last year. Wayv and Dream are the only units to comeback after Resonance and they both had great sales growth, naturally the same will happen to 127 once they make their comeback, all that's left to see is how big the growth is going to be and whether it will match Dream's peaks.

• idk where people get the idea Lucas is popular like that when it doesnt reflect in wayv at all. Is it bc of ig followers?

NCT most popular members in korea where their sales are reflected are jh, mark, jwoo, jm, Jen, renjun, dy, ty and hc

So basically half on half, win-win and ten lost moment due not promoting in a Korean unit but they help wayv sell the most

• I think it was a clash of numerous factors. We were waiting for them to get their "Fancy" or "Dx4", that track that carries all of their attitude and performance style in the best way possible and the title track + b sides this era did that and slapped us in the face while doing it. They are the youngest group and thus far fans have been begging for SM to give them content that will make them equal to the other subunits in content power. SM seems to have listened (for once in their trash history) and gave them content and an budget that made them bigger than other subunits.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

mERCf4S.png

• Also I think NCT Dream's song are more public friendly (although I don't think Hot Sauce is public friendly). Another thing is that NCT Dream is the only unit that showcases growth (I mean growth from kids to adults) so people feel attached to them. At least that's what I think.

• Everyone is acting so astonished, but this has been a long-term growth for all NCT units.

In terms of overall sales, 127 is the most successful unit. Despite the “no one buys NCT” narrative, 127 has had 6 releases top the GAON album charts and 4 that are platinum certified (usually multi platinum) from KMCA. I’ll leave the Hanteo numbers to someone more versed in the charts, because every time I try and post them, I get blasted for not having the most recent ones.

Similarly, NCT Dream’s releases have also been GAON album chart toppers and been certified platinum or multi platinum.

In terms of one specific album and cb, it looks like Dream will be the most successful rn. Again, this is not unexpected, considering their last EP was one of the top sellers in the year-end charts.

Dream’s music is probably the most GP-friendly, and members like Jaemin and Jeno are popular within Korea in terms of merchandise sales and awareness within idols while Jaemin and Renjun have a large Chinese base.

Tl, dr: there is a strong and sustained fan base for this group.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• NCT fandom perhaps? I listened to snips from Dream's current album. The only songs that stick, to my ear, as being memorable are "Be There For You" and "Rainbow".

I'm still not sure why intuitively something about the majority of overall NCT production feels right "outside of the bullseye" in terms of various elements connecting properly in their songs (for example, on the same emotional level as SHINee's "Kind" and EXO's "Good Night").

• Its surprising maybe because 127 is always the priority.

But i feel Dream has a really loyal and big core fandom, has chinese members, and how people said they may be more appealing to the public.

I also feel they have better group dynamic and chemistry, also the fact the boys grew up together helps, while for 127 some people say or used to say that it was mostly Taeyong and Mark and how some members were underrated, i remember all the mess with the Kick it MV reaction with Yuta. While in Dream i feel all are the same.

But anyways i think in the next comeback 127 will have the same success as Dream, but Dream probably will keep being the first to achieve and break records while 127 will follow.

I feel that for Dream being really young and even with years in the industriy they still feel very fresh, they might surprised us more and grow faster than the other NCT units.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!