SHINee Taemin's Artist Thread!

• Welcome To SHINee's Maknae, Taemin's Thread!

p18vjbtl381hgj1fgeov91bq6dm2p.jpg

I am going to start by saying that I Absolutely Love Taemin. He is My Heart! So this Thread will be full of my feelings and of course facts about Taemin and the Stunning Artist that he is.. It is my pleasure to take you on the Amazing journey of Taemin's Solo career and showcase his Passion as an Artist... Please Enjoy and Love Taemin! ♥

Stage Name: Taemin (태민)
    Birth Name: Lee Tae Min (이태민)
    Nickname: Taem, Taeminnie, Taemni
    Birthday: July 18th, 1993
    Zodiac Sign: Cancer
    Height: 174 cm
    Weight: 58 kg
    Blood Type: B
    Hobbies/Skills: Dancing, Singing, Acting, Playing the Piano, Writing Lyrics,
    Music, Watching YouTube, Has a interest in Scuba Diving.
    Fandom Name: Taemint
    Favorite Color(s): Purple
    Favorite Food: Meat
    Dislikes: Cucumbers, Raisins
    Role Model: Michael Jackson

(These are based off most recent things Taemin has said)

Taemin was born in Seoul, South Korea. In 2005, Taemin auditioned at SM Open Weekend Audition Casting and passed to become a trainee. In May 2008, at the age of 14, Taemin debuted as the main dancer and Maknae of SHINee. In August 2014, Taemin made his solo debut with his first mini album Ace.

Keep up with Taemin! ♥

Official Japan Site
    Official Taemin Instagram
    Official SHINee Twitter
    Official SHINee YouTube
    Official Taemin Tik Tok

• Taemin's First Solo debut mini album Ace:

[IMG]

Taemin: “There were dreams and goals that I had in my mind from the day I dreamt of becoming an artist. Although I had to go through many obstacles, I learned that I should always believe in myself. Strong faith has been the motivation of energy that keeps me going. As my effort for the dreams has made me become who I am today, I will continue to strive for higher goals with faith.”

Track List!

1. Ace

2. 괴도 (Danger)

3. Experience

4. Pretty Boy ft. Kai from EXO

5. 거절할게 (Wicked)

6. 소나타 (Play Me)

Highlight Melody

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Isn't Taemin's voice Heavenly? It soothes and calms me so much. ♥

Official Danger MV!

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Official Ace Concept MV!

Taemin, you will Always and Forever be My Only Ace! ♥

[IMG]

Danger Dance Practice! ♥

• These are some of the Live show performances that Taemin did for his Ace release. These are my personal favorites. They are all Breathtaking performances if you would like to find his others on Youtube. Taemin loves to be on stage performing for his fans. His performances are so powerful and captivating, I can watch them over and over and never get tired of them. ♥

Ace Live Show!

Danger Live Show!

Taemin did a song with his best friend Kai from EXO, called Pretty Boy.

I love that they were able to do a song together. It makes my heart so happy! ♥

Aren't they Amazing!?!? ♥

[IMG]

How Cute!! ♥

Kai, Thank you for being a reason Taemin smiles! ♥

Awards Taemin won for ACE

Seoul Music Awards: High1/Mobile Popularity Award

Golden Disc Awards: Bonsang (Main Prize)

Gold Disc Awards: Inkisang (Popularity Award)

Charts!

Gaon Weekly album chart: 1

Gaon Monthly album chart: 1

Gaon Yearly album chart: 23

Billboard World Albums: 2

Billboard Heatseekers: 20

Source

[IMG]

• SHINee's Taemin Interview for GQ Magazine 12/2014 Issue

GQ: Do you like winter?

Taemin: I love winter very much.

GQ: Why is that?

Taemin: It seems I have a lot of memories of winter. In my life, all or most of the things left in my memory are in winter. They are very warm memories, but I can't say here what (memories) they are.

GQ: Is the Taemin in front of the camera very different from the real Taemin?

Taemin: It's not really different. But it's difficult to say what (my) real image is. In front of the camera, I'm Taemin the performer. And it is really me. But in front of the camera there some things I have to say, and there are things I cannot say. Anyway, before facing the camera, I need to organize my thoughts and think of what I should say and how to say them.

GQ: Actually we chose up to 50 questions to ask. But we don't really want to do this the normal way. So from here on, please choose a question from 1 to 50.

Taemin: Then, number 17.

GQ: The 17th question is, during your stage performances in Danger, how do you do that killer stare at the camera? Is it just because of the eye make up?

Taemin: Haha. During the performances, the cameras are far away, so I need to exert more energy and make bigger moves. But during music programs, the cameras are closer, so I depend my movements based on their proximity to me. I think their distance are about the same as these ones during this interview? To think that I have such a side in me, even I find it strange. I really like this kind of feeling. It's kind of funny when I say it myself, but when I monitor myself (my recordings), it seems that I have a more profound feeling than before? I think I see myself becoming more mature.

GQ: What is inside Taemin?

Taemin: I think that the general masses expect me to have a bright feeling because of my usual cute concept. However, the staff around me searches for and gathers up my real usual self and what's inside me. With the continuous performances, piling up my heart wants to let all these know-how and energy explode. And then as a performer, I have to diligently express myself. My stomach won't be able to take it, right? But since the performance for "Danger" is intense, all those tress just go away. I think I've managed to diffuse them off me.

GQ: You prepared so solidly I could feel your determined spirit.

Taemin: When I started dreaming of becoming a singer, the image I had in mind was of standing by myself on stage. I’m really glad and happy to be a SHINee but at one corner of my heart I had a desire to do it alone. I thought my company would give me a chance when I’m qualified through steady practice.

GQ: With regards to Taemin, from where does the company's faith and confidence in you come?

Taemin: I talked a lot with our choreographers, Shim Jaewon-hyung and Greg Hwang-hyung, as well as with our directors. We talked about my worries and what direction I'm going to undertake from here on. The hyungs know all this time what I wish for. Even though I don't say it directly, I think there were subtle hints. They told me, "If you really want to work as a solo, the company is willing to give you a push." They also said, "If you can sing and dance like Michael Jackson, the company will be willing to do anything with you." It's like because they acted like a bridge (between the company and I), I was able to do this well.

[IMG]

I'm not staring at all.... ok, I lied, but LOOK at him...He's so Stunning!! ♥

GQ: This time, having this experience, were there some disappointing parts?

Taemin: "Danger" is pretty temperate and is a refined song, but the singing register is quite narrow and low. On my first live, the sound I made was shaky and I wondered if it was really alright as a title song. Now, when I think about it, that kind of quality isn't that bad after all.

GQ: Even though there are teams for planning and setting the framework, the one who expresses himself on stage is Taemin alone. Taemin is the one who makes the stage special.

Taemin: On the stage and during the performance, I want to present a more artistic approach. That is why immersing myself in the song is the most important. The question is how much should I immerse myself in the song and how much concentration people give me when they watch me. I'm not the type who can immerse himself while watching things like dramas. But during concerts and performances, I'm really able to immerse myself. There's a similar case, like when we (SHINee) is performing "Evil" on stage, and after we finish it I still need sometime to calm myself down. Somehow, I kind of become weird during those times.

GQ: Isn't it inborn talent?

Taemin: I don't think that I have singing and dancing talents since I was born. However, each person has a unique "color", right? I think that my parents really gave me such "color".

GQ: Where/When do you consummate your musical ability? Is it also in the toilet?

Taemin: Haha. No, no. SHINee's songs have really high registers, and in order to learn it all properly, I have to widen my singing range a bit. In the vocal practice room, while playing the piano, I follow the scale. One day, I was just able to reach the high notes. Just when I thought I was finally able to do it, the next day I couldn't do it again. It comes out, then it doesn't, then I do it over and over again until little by little, I widen my vocal range.

GQ: Honestly, when you're alone, have you ever thought, "This year it's me."?

Taemin: Yes, about the solo...LOL. The activity period is not long but I understood that during that short time, I was able to leave a good impression, so it was nice.

GQ: Are you indifferent when you hear unpleasant words about you?

Taemin: Nope. I am very irrational. If I hear unpleasant things, I will continuously think about it from the day I heard it until I'm completely tired. Then I'll feel stressed out. Nevertheless, if that happens, I'll be able to correct myself and exert a lot of effort in changing myself.

GQ: It's really hard being 22 years old, right?

Taemin: Yeah. "If you start exploring/inquiring that much, afterwards, how much are you able to talk about it, let's find out one time." It feels a bit sentimental like that, LOL.

GQ: Even so, you've done a lot more things than what you imagined you'd do as a 22-year old when you were younger.

Taemin: Yes, that's true. When I was young, I only had an outlook about my strength in dancing and singing. I've never really imagined it before, seeing this present style and refinement. As time moves one, I want to present a more explosive energy.

GQ: Doesn't continuously proving yourself and what you can do make you tired?

Taemin: I think that it is really worth doing. The joy I feel (in doing it) keeps me alive.

[IMG]

Breathtaking! ♥

GQ: What do you think of the word "hard worker."

Taemin: Ah, it's alright. At any rate, even if I tell other people about my troubles, it wouldn't alleviate my worries, right? I do not really make a big deal of purposefully wishing for something bigger. I don't want people to see me as hardworking, I want them to see another side of me. When they do and they tell me even a few words that overflowed from their hearts, I would appreciate those words.

GQ: What does Taemin do when he's not practicing and has nothing at which to aim his efforts?

Taemin: If everyone wants to know about it, it's better to leave them guessing. Actually if I start talking about it, it will be very disappointing. I don't really do anything special, really.

GQ: Do you have anything you suddenly come to like recently?

Taemin: Billiards. I've learned it late but it's really interesting. I play it really lightly with my friends. It doesn't involve drinking and I can do a lot of exercise at the same time. I play it with immature enjoyment with same-age people.

GQ: What is something you like so much you even dream of it?

Taemin: Nothing, really. I'm not very greedy. Somehow I've changed. Whatever I have or what I buy, I'm not really that much concerned about them.

GQ: Not even appetite for food?

Taemin: Ah, I do have a little of that. Lately I've been liking seafood. Even though there was a time I love meat so much, I think that's changed. My father also liked seafood, so I think I took after him.

GQ: What is a word you use the most these days?

Taemin: "Anyway, it's already..." I say this a lot. I'm really a bit at a loss for words. Because of that, it's become some sort of a pet phrase I use when I'm organizing my words.

GQ: What is a phrase/word you hear the most?

Taemin: "Do things a little properly." A while ago, I lost the wallet Key-hyung bought for me but it reappeared. Ah, Minho-hyung says a lot, "Be a little better to me and the hyungs." Even though he cannot do it himself. LOL. I'm kidding.

GQ: If time can move quickly or if time can go backwards, at what age would you want to be?

Taemin: One year old.

GQ: Eh?

Taemin: If it's the start, it means I can do well. It's a one-time thing, so I think I would want to do things even better.

GQ: You wouldn't want to change this person, right?

Taemin: I love myself. I wouldn't want to change myself. But sometimes, within my friends, there is someone who would be happy about something. At times, that makes me a bit envious. LOL.

[IMG]

He's so adorable!! ♥

• Ceci Magazine 2014 Interview

CECI: (You were) set out to make the first solo debut in SHINee. How satisfied are you with your mini album, ACE?

Taemin: Out of 10 points, I'd give 5

CECI: Isn't the points a little hard (on yourself)?

Taemin: Rather than setting my own expectations high, it's not about self confidence or problems with my aspiration, but because this is the first solo from SHINee, I didn't want to damage SHINee's name. It was difficult standing on the stage by myself.

CECI: For someone with a lot of passion, what would like to praise about yourself?

Taemin: I saw a new person in me that I myself didn't know about. First attempt at a urban hip hop style choreography, stage production, visual concept, everything was new. It feels like it opened up to trying other paths in the future and I feel great.

CECI: What were your hyungs response?

Taemin: They personally came to the music shows and helped to monitor, came to the music video set and confidently took care of me. Gave me love, support. I felt their hearts in supporting me and was really thankful. Even though I'm the first (to do a solo) in SHINee, it'll be good if this path is for SHINee.

CECI: How would you like to be remembered as?

Taemin: Even though I debuted as an idol, I don't want to be limited to that frame. I want to be remembered as a popular artist who can do various and wide genres

[IMG]

(........♥)

CECI: The people surrounding you are?

Taemin: Friends that I'm comfortable with? Really warmhearted people whom I can take as "my people". Like when we're catting in the SNS group chat room, we keep on talking to not end the conversation

CECI: It would be nice if you could give some tips on how to get personally close to you

Taemin: I don't know if it might be difficult to (laughs) Because I usually avoid strangers, it's hard for me to approach first. When someone approaches me first, on the contrary, I feel shy. I'm the type that a phrase like "Let's get close with each other" (still) isn't easy for me to open up my heart to. It either has to be people like SHINee hyungs who, together, went through a lot of difficulties and have chances to reveal (my) true intentions, or there has to be a chance where we can understand each other. I want to open up first. It's a character I don't know what to do with (how to deal with)

CECI: What would you do to cheer up when you're exhausted?

Taemin: It'll be nice if I can feel (my) young mind sincerely. I'm an easy person that even patting my shoulders would cheer me up. While I was doing my solo activities alone, I felt a lot of pressure and stress but a simple "your album is good, cool" would become a big strength for me.

CECI: If you were give the chance to write a letter to you who are 10 years in the future?

Taemin: I hope to become a cool artist who displays music that has developed, and become someone who has progressed. I'd like to believe that I can achieve it by taking one step at a time from now till then.

Ace Of Ace! ♥

• Press It, The first Full Album

[IMG]

Doesn't he look like a prince!? ♥

In February 2016, Taemin released his first full album Press it. Press It was produced over the course of a year and a half. The title track, Press Your Number, was originally written by Bruno Mars. Taemin added new lyrics for the song in order to appeal to the Korean market. In addition to that track, another song given to him for this album was a track called Already written and composed by SHINee's Jonghyun.

Source

Track List!

1. Drip Drop

2. Press Your Number

3. Soldier

4. 벌써 (Already)

5. Guess Who

6. One by One

7. Mystery Lover

8. Sexuality (Rearranged Version)

9. 오늘까지만 (Until Today)

10. 최면 (Hypnosis)

Highlight Melody

I really Love this highlight melody. I get chills it's so good!

Watching it again after awhile brought me to tears.. His voice is so Beautiful!!

I am so proud of Taemin! He is so Amazing! ♥

Taemin released 4 MVs for this album, 4!!

Official Drip Drop MV!

Yes, Taemin!! ♥

Official Press Your Number MV!

Press Your Number Performance Version 1!

Isn't this beautiful with the water!? I love this version! I had it on loop for days, So Captivating! ♥

Press Your Number Performance Version 2!

This is Art!! Taemin is Art!... So Stunning! ♥

[IMG]

How can he be so Perfect?! ♥

• Here are some of his Live Show Performances.. Again I put a few of my personal favorites, but there are more Stunning performances on YouTube.

Press Your Number Live Show!

Taemin, You are truly above this world! ♥

Drip Drop Live Show!

Making of!

So Breathtakingly Handsome! ♥

Charts!

South Korean Albums Gaon Weekly: 1

South Korean Albums Gaon Monthly: 2

South Korean Albums Gaon Yearly: 18

Billboard US World Albums Weekly: 2

Source

[IMG]

A Masterpiece! ♥

• Singles Magazine March 2016 Taemin Interview!

Singles: Compared to your solo album released in 2014 this album seems to be different in its weight.

Taemin: If my first solo album ACE was a mini album, this album Press It is a full one with total 10 songs. I participated in many parts of this album and made more effort in collecting songs. As for a difference, I can say this album is a product with my own colors more reflected.

Singles: What kind of song is the title song?

Taemin: This album's title song Press Your Number is an urban pop dance song produced by Bruno Mars in collaboration with Stereotypes. I paid much attention to performance. I practiced endlessly to perform coordinated with dancers, so look forward to it. The choreography was numerously altered in the process of practicing, and other elements like fashion made simple to focus on performance.

Singles: How do you want to distinguish soloist Taemin’s style from SHINee’s?

Taemin: SHINee's music is sophisticated and unique in a tone differentiated from other groups. Through my solo albums, I'd like to reveal and express myself with performance perfectly fitting with the song.

Singles: What song would you recommend most confidently from this album?

Taemin: There's a song titled Soldier. I feel much attached to it since I participated in writing the song. I hope people listen to it thinking of the lyrics.

Singles: It’s too early to talk about your next album, but is there something you left aside to try in your next album?

Taemin: I work on every album thinking like I pour out my all into it, so nothing is left aside. But there is a genre I want to try in my next solo album. Next time I'd like to try old school and emotional R&B.

[IMG]

So Handsome! ♥

Singles: 2015 was a year you worked most vigorously, and you completed your own album while doing a tour in Japan. You must have moments feeling tired out. How do you control yourself?

Taemin: To be frank with you, I enjoy it so much I don't need to control at all. I never thought it is hard to prepare an album or do a concert. Really I’m doing it enjoying 100%.

Singles: SHINee’s albums have been chosen the best idol albums by music critics. What is the secret to being loved by the public and supported by critics at the same time?

Taemin: I think it's owing to our particular team color. From our debut, we wanted to be a contemporary group seeking the most sophisticated music, fashion, and performance in our time. The visual & art directing team and A&R team in our company also made efforts to make SHINee's own colors. I think we are lucky to gain recognition for our efforts from critics and fans, but there seem to be parts we're still lacking such emotional appeal or delivery. In the future we'd like to do music with messages that can grab people's hearts. If music critics say SHINee’s music is the best among idol groups, fashion magazine editors say SHINee's fashion is the ‘best idol style.’ From the public’s perspective, some people think SHINee’s style is too much, but editors think SHINee is leading the way.

Singles: Which SHINee’s style is the best so far in your personal opinion?

Taemin: I enjoy excited working on our looks matching in mood at every activity. The most memorable is when we had the album jacket making shoot for Dream Girl. It was a time when I turned 20, and dressing up in suit styles showed sophisticated SHINee's own image well. Ah, our uniform style for Everybody performance was good too nicely matching with the song.

Singles: Recently collaborations between artists are conspicuous. Are there artists you want to work with at least once?

Taemin: Recently there seem to be lots of unexpected collaborations. However, I'd like to work with my friends. I think I can do it full of energy when working with close friends from my trainee days like Kai and Moonkyu.

Singles: ls Taemin's image in people's mind different from who you are in real life? Taemin seen on broadcasting feels like a cute maknae, but Taemin seen on shoots are always manly.

Taemin: While my images on broadcasting cannot be said to be all misconceptions, I also act carefully for my images as seen by people. Many people think I am introverted, maybe it’s because of images you get from my appearance. Actually I’m active, free and easy, eat a lot and work out a lot lol.

Singles: What ability do you want to have most besides singing and dancing?

Taemin: I want to learn various foreign languages. However, I feel like I'm even clumsy with Korean lol. Maybe because I've done activities overseas a lot, I feel that I could communicate with more people if l can break down the language barrier.

[IMG]

Singles: I'm curious about Taemin in teen-age years. If you didn't become a singer, what do you think you’d be doing now?

Taemin: Since I became a trainee, l concentrated on going forward toward my dream watching various musicians' videos. I never liked an entertainer like my peers nor had an ideal girl type in particular. I just focused on my goals. But when I was little, I wanted to become a pilot. lf I didn't become a singer, I think I’d be working hard for that dream.

Singles: Fans posted lots of questions on Singles lnstagram. Especially, a lot said Taemin can’t lie.’ Is it true? Among lies you made so far, what is the most brilliant one?

Taemin: A close friend came to have booze with me on a break from military duty. I really wanted to do it with him, but I'm a light drinker. So I filled the bottle with water and acted like drinking alcoholic beverage. When the friend found it out later, he laughed.

Singles: It’s 8 years since you debuted. What changed most in present Taemin from 8 years ago?

Taemin: I think my character changed a lot. I used to be reserved and quiet before. I learned how to hang out with people by spending time with members, and I'm turning more and more extroverted.

Singles: What do you think you will be like in 10 years?

Taemin: I'll still be singing, and my life plan as a singer must be a lot clearer with more time past. Releasing albums consistently and meeting with fans through concerts? Besides these, my personal wish is to travel around all over the world.

Singles: Where do you want to go? When you went to Bali, you had to stay there for a few days due to volcano explosion. Given a chance to stay in a place like that, where do you want to go?

Taemin: I want to be immersed in fairy tale-like landscapes of Switzerland. I'd prefer it to be Summer. Given a longer time, isn't it better to stay in nature than in a city? Having said that, I wouldn't like to be in a tough place like a jungle, but hope it'll be a beautiful and peaceful place like Switzerland.

(Trans. credit: juju_home)

[IMG]

Taemin's eyes!! ♥

Singles Behind The Scenes clip!

♥♥♥

• First Japanese Debut Mini Album Sayonara Hitori!

[IMG]

LOOK at him!!! ♥ *sighs*

In July 2016 Taemin released his first Japanese debut mini album Sayonara Hitori.

Track List!

1. Sayonara Hitori (さよならひとり; Goodbye)

2. Press Your Number (Japanese version)

3. Tiger

4. Final Dragon

5. Sekaide Ichiban Aishitahito (世界で一番愛した人; The Person I Loved Most in This World)

Official Album Digest!

♥ ♥ ♥

Official Sayonara Hitori MV!

This MV is Art! It's so Beautiful! Just as Taemin is!! ♥

Sayonara Hitori Dance Practice!

External Content vimeo.com

This is my favorite dance practice! The choreography is Breathtaking! The way Taemin dances is so Elegant and Beautiful! ♥

[IMG]

King?! Yes! ♥

Some of Taemin's Amazing Live Shows!

Sayonara Hitori (Goodbye) Live Show!

The emotions!! Yes, Taemin!! ♥

Hit The Stage Version he did with his choreographer, Koharu Sugawara.

So Powerful!! ♥

2016 MAMA Live!

Guess Who + Soldier + Goodbye

Absolutely Amazing! ♥

Charts!

Japan Oricon Daily album chart: 3

Japan Oricon Weekly album chart: 3

Japan Oricon Monthly album chart: 12

Source

[IMG]

This look on Taemin is so Beautiful!! ♥

Behind the Scenes of Sayonara Hitori!

Taemin is so breathtaking in this look for Sayonara Hitori. It is one of my favorite looks. He is so Stunning and Beautiful! He is always, just something about this look really captures me! The fantasy vibe is just amazing! I am just completely captivated by his Beauty! ♥

[IMG]

....... Heart calm down! ♥

• – On August 2014, you were the first SHINee member to debut as a soloist in Korea with the mini album “ACE”. With your Japanese solo debut, it’s already your second time, so is the feeling any different from the first time you experienced a solo debut?

Taemin: During “Danger”, I was really nervous so there was no space for complacency. I only thought I should do my best. With “Sayonara Hitori”, I’ve already gained experience from my Korean solo so somehow I feel more at ease this time. However, the theme differs between my Japanese and Korean activities, so even though it’s my second time to do a debut I still feels fresh. It’s a bit heart-pounding, thinking how “Sayonara Hitori” will be exposed to various places.

–What is the unique color of Taemin as an individual artist, instead of a SHINee member.

Taemin: It’s a bit difficult to say, but I think the mood of the music and performance is my style and is something not just anyone can do. Something about how to blend the two together.

– The title song, “Sayonara Hitori” is a song with a Japanesque feeling, but what is Taemin’s impression of it?

Taemin: I also think that it has a Japanese sort of ambiance. In preparation of this mini-album, in order to show a new side only Taemin can show, new songs are necessary. And in order to become close to Japanese listeners, we chose songs with J-pop feel.

– Taemin’s Korean title tracks, “Danger” and “Press Your Number” were both dance songs, so it’s really surprising to see a new image with a different feel from you.

Taemin: Actually, there were plans of an even more difficult conceptual song for the title track, something like Final Dragon. But I thought that “Sayonara Hitori” is a song that will be able to show my strong points more, so we had a last minute change. It’s a song with an immense Asiatic feel. That’s why, in order to express that theme in the performance, we have to put the concept into the choreography.

– Even though it’s emotional, the dancing is intense?

Taemin: There are many parts in the choreography that expresses the lyrics, so by watching the dance, doesn’t the dance convey the world view of the song well? I think the fascinating part is that when the chorus/hook is over, the beat abruptly becomes stronger. In this part, the dance also becomes intense, so I think it’s the highlight. Sugawara Koharu-san choreographed the dance for me, and seeing the dance for the first time was unforgettable. Because it’s what I also had in mind. I thought, “We thought the same!!”

—Even though the lyrics are painful, the world view of the song is wondrous. When you sing the song, what kind of scene do you imaging?

Taemin: In my mind, I (also) play the part of the protagonist. Like there are two Taemins talking to each other. The Taemin who has become alone looks at the other Taemin from afar.

[IMG]

H-...Hi, Taemin..... ♥

— In your music video for Press Your Number, there are also two Taemins, so do you mean that kind of feeling?

Taemin: That one is about showing the inner self. There’s a strong Taemin persona and a gentle Taemin persona. In Sayonara Hitori, Taemin walks towards my own dream, but somewhere the lonely Taemin watches over the other Taemin from far away. That is the image I have.

— The song Sekai de Ichiban Aishita Hito is a story about a couple who love each other but decide to separate ways. It’s a love song that is both warm and painful. If Taemin were in the protagonist’s place, will you also be like that and wish for the other’s happiness from afar?

Taemin: If it were me, I wouldn’t break up with the girl. Because she’s an important person, right? I’ll say, “Come back!” This protagonist says, “I can only pray for you” but that’s impossible! (LOL) I think I will persuade her (to come back)! Ah, but when I’m singing the song, I adapt to the feeling of the character (LOL).

— In your song Final Dragon, there are lyrics that go, “Things I cannot hand over, things I have to protect.” For Taemin, what are these things?

Taemin: Hmm…what would they be? I do possess things that I firmly believe in. Also, those are things that I cannot yield no matter what other people’s opinions may be. For example, choreography during concert production. Since I believe in (my dance ability) I cannot hand it over to someone else. It’s my responsibility.

— During SHINee’s Tokyo Dome, was there a part (by you) that you couldn’t hand over to someone?

Taemin: That would be my solo stage. We used a grand piano for that production. It was a bit difficult to put a grand piano on stage but I insisted on it. I persuaded everyone.

— Your entire mini album speaks of “Love that cannot be realized.” But to Taemin who has turned 23 recently, what is the love you yearn for?

Taemin: I saw this on the internet but I want to be a couple who is able take photos in the same place every season–for spring, summer, fall, and winter. It’s really great and almost like a drama. I’m a bit jealous of that kind of love.

— In SHINee’s dome concerts, you presented a medley with One by One, Soldier, and Press Your Number in Japanese, that it almost felt like a (released) album.

Taemin: Is it too bad (it’s not a released album?)? I see, hehe (LOL). I wanted to perform songs that I like in our dome concert, and I chose those three. Should I include them in my next album? I wonder? It’ll be overlapped/attached with my debut work, Sayonara Hitori (LOL). During SHINee’s first dome concert, I performed Danger in my solo stage. Actually, I really wanted to sing it in Japanese but wasn’t able to. So this time I really wanted to present my songs in Japanese.

[IMG]

2 Taemins! ♥ Are you guys tired of my little personal comments yet? :p

— In 2015 and in 2016, SHINee had consecutive dome concerts. In last year’s concert, there was a bit of nervousness felt, but on the second time, there was more composure among you.

Taemin: Yes, we’re more comfortable. The members also talked about how “last year our hearts were beating so fast, we felt like we’re about dying and it was kinda sad.” (LOL) On our first dome, I had a (minor) injury, then I cried. This year, I challenged myself to absolutely present a perfect stage. That is what all the members felt, too.

— How did you feel on your first (2015) dome concert?

Taemin: It felt like it was the last moment of my life (LOL). We were frantic to the point of dying. We absolutely have to make our first dome concert successful. We thought since there would be many people who will come to see SHINee’s live for the first time, we absolutely have to show them our appeal.

— We would also like to see Taemin, as a solo artist, perform in Tokyo Dome.

Taemin: Of course, that’s my dream! I want to do it. I want to perform on stage, too~

— What kind of concert do you think you’d have?

Taemin: One where there’s constant crying (LOL). Like, “Thank you very muuuuuch~!” (acts like he’s waving to the audience)

— Since your debut at 15 years old, you have constantly grown together with SHINee, but as an artist, what do you think your turning point is?

Taemin: Probably that moment when I had the opportunity to debut as a solo. I think, I started in 2014, so probably the winter before that? I was given a homework by the company: “Record a pop song and bring it.” It was something I’ve never even thought before so I thought, “What for?” But since it was a precious opportunity that I couldn’t afford to miss, so I did my utmost best for it. I guess my growth was felt in the song, and after that, they gave me the talk about having a solo debut.

— Your Japan debut is this July, which is also your birth month. This year, you are able to spend your birthday with your Japanese fans. Not as SHINee, not as an artist, what kind of person is a common 23-year old young man named Taemin?

Taemin: Probably just a young man who likes games (LOL). Also a guy who likes talking with friends and going out drinking. When I’m on break I’m like that. When I’m at work, I concentrate on my work, but when I’m on break I do my best to separate from work and just spend it as a break.

[IMG]

Graceful, Beauty, Art, I can go on forever! ♥

— What in Taemin’s mind is an attractive mature gentleman?

Taemin: I think it’s someone who looks attractive while concentrating on his own work. Someone like, looking at that kind of person, you’ll think, “Ahh that’s wonderful.”

— Aside from work, what is your number one hobby?

Taemin: Billiards. I play with my dancer staff and friends.

— Who is the best in billiards among the SHINee members?

Taemin: Onew and Minho are kind of good….but, I’m the best!

— As expected, you can’t lose (LOL). You have said before that having a solo is one of your dreams. How do you feel now that you have achieved it?

Taemin: It feels that my greed has become bigger (LOL). As SHINee, our aim was to have a concert in Tokyo Dome. Now that that’s achieved, and I also managed to have my solo debut, I want to have a solo tour. But when I think about it, I’m like, “Ahh, human greed is really intense” (LOL). At first, I was just happy being able to make music. But I want more of everyone’s love. Since I’m able to have a Japan debut, I’d also like to go on a tour in various places in the country and meet a lot of people.

— From the Taemin who is steadily achieving his dreams, what kind of advice will he give the 15 year-old Taemin who is just about to debut?

Taemin: I’d say, “It’s better to have more confidence in yourself.” I have a slightly shy disposition, so it’s regretful. I’d want to do that over again!

— Lastly, please give a message to the people who will be listening to Sayonara Hitori.

Taemin: I’ll be happy if you could listen to the album not by SHINee’s Taemin but just Taemin. The album contains a lot of my world views, and presents a lot of my style. With Sayonara Hitori, I’d want to become closer to everyone. Taemin, as well as SHINee, will continue to do our best so please cheer for us!

(Trans Credit: keihissi)

• Japanese Mini Album Flame Of Love!

[IMG]

Look how Beautiful he is!!!...... ♥

In July 2017, Taemin released Flame of Love.

Track List!

1. Flame of Love

2. I'm Crying

3. Do It Baby

4. Door

5. いつかここで (Itsuka Kokode)

Official Flame Of Love MV!

So Beautiful and Haunting! ♥

Official Flame of Love Dance Version!

Taemin did this in one take!

[IMG]

I-.... ♥

Jacket & Music Video Shooting Sketch

Click here for Eng Sub Vers.

Look at his smile! ♥

Charts!

Japan Oricon Daily album chart: 1

Oricon Weekly album chart: 2

Taiwan G-Music: 1

Source

[IMG]

He..... The water!.... Taemin!!.....♥

• Move the 2nd Album!

[IMG]

In October 2017, Taemin released his 2nd album Move!

Track List!

1. Move

2. Love

3. Crazy 4 U

4. Heart Stop

6. Thirsty

7. 미로" (Stone Heart)

8. Back to You

9. Flame of Love (Korean ver.) (bonus track)

Taemin Released 4 MVs for this Album!

Official Move #1 MV!

T-Taemin?!... Take A Small Bite!? ♥

Official Move MV Performance Version #2

That Aura! The choreography is so Good! Taemin always Mesmerizes me with his Dancing! ♥

Official Move MV Performance Version #3

Power Duo Again! ♥

Official Thirsty MV!

Don't even let me get started on this..... H-His Voice!.. Taemin!! I Can't Handle This!!! ♥

Thirsty What's Behind!

Look at him!! His Duality!! My Baby!! I love him so much! ♥

Move Dance Practice!

The amount of body control Taemin has! ♥

[IMG]

I love the colors.... He looks so precious ♥

Some of Taemin's Live Shows!

Move Live Show!

His Hair! His Arms!!... That Lip bite!!! ♥

I'm adding a 2nd Move Live Show!... Cause... Taemin!

Thristy Live Show!

Just.... *cries*..... I'm not going to make it through this Thread! ♥

Love Live Show!

I really love this song.. It's so Beautiful! ♥

Charts!

Weekly!

Japanese Albums (Billboard): 12

Japanese Albums (Oricon): 11

Japanese Western Albums (Oricon): 1

South Korean Albums (Gaon): 2

US World Albums (Billboard): 3

Monthly!

Japanese Albums (Oricon): 49

Japanese Western Albums (Oricon): 6

South Korean Albums (Gaon): 6

Awards!

2017 19th Mnet Asian Music Awards: Best Dance Performance Solo

Source

[IMG]

He's so Cute!! ♥

• Final Life!

[IMG]

In 2017, Taemin Starred in a Japanese Drama Called Final Life. You can Watch the whole Season here on Amazon!

In 2017, Taemin was also a mentor in a reality show called The Unit!

The concept of the show is to form male and female unit groups of nine members each, among idols who had already debuted. The show is aiming to give them a fair chance to demonstrate their talents that they may not have been able to showcase before.

Taemin: THE 1st STAGE At Budokan In Tokyo!

In July 2017, Taemin held his first solo stage in Japan at Budokan arena in Tokyo!

Official Video Digest!

Completely Captivated! I am so Proud of Taemin! Absolutely Stunning! ♥

Also an Official Live Performance done at this concert!

Sayonara Hitori was performed

He's goes so hard! Again such strong emotions in his performances! Beautiful! ♥

Taemin also had his first Korean concert this year called OFF-SICK, which was held from August 25 to August 27, 2017 at the Olympic Hall of Olympic Park in Seoul.

The encore of the concert titled OFF-SICK <on track>, was held on October 14 and October 15, 2017 at the Jamsil Gymnasium.

Source

Concert Teaser!

This is so creative and amazing! Taemin is just Stunning! ♥

Official Off-Sick <on track> Move Performance!

Amazing!! ♥

In September 2017 Taemin did his first reality show called The TAEMIN: Xtra Cam.

Taemin's first reality upon his debut, where you can see Taemin preparing his new album, the behind the story of "TAEMIN THE 1st STAGE, Budokan, Japan", recording studio, his apartment, and even his daily life that wasn't revealed before

You can watch it here on Vlive!

[IMG]

I really enjoyed watching this.. completely worth it! ♥

• Taemin Interview with Model Press!

Taemin appeared to the interview room chatting with the staff(s). He was extremely busy having come to Japan from Korea after finishing filming a program that extended past midnight, but he greeted us with his [sweet] smile as usual.

― I heard that you arrived in Japan this morning.

Taemin: Yes. The variety program filming lasted until late [at night] so I organized my belongings right after getting home, then I got on the plane after sleeping for about an hour.

― Thank you so much for your time despite your busy [schedule].

Taemin: Not at all. I just arrived from Korea so I’m sorry if my Japanese is a little weird (off) (laughs). I personally volunteered to “be busy this year”

― Then I will begin by asking about the Budokan [stage] in July first. It was a dense hour and a half that condensed Taemin(-san)’s world-view, I was deeply impressed.

Taemin: Thank you.

― I was told that you prepared within a very limited amount of time. What was your schedule specifically like during the months leading up to the concert?

Taemin: It really went by in a flash. SHINee activities, the drama shooting, and preparation for my Korean solo album…they all started together. I prepared while feeling the pressure of possibly not making it in time for Budokan, which was my first first solo stage. As expected, I do feel that I was a little short on time, but I feel relieved now after finishing it without any trouble.

― Didn’t you feel disarrayed with jobs in various genres starting all at once?

Taemin: I told the staffs this year that “I’m okay even if I’m really busy.” I think I’m currently in a [state] where I’m the most excited and have the most energy so I thought if it’s not now, physically, I won’t be able to do it [in the future].

[IMG]

Perfection!♥

― You’re still so young yet you already feel such a sense of urgency.

Taemin: I wanted to do what I can while I can. I thought that I wanted to try my best. A stage that was completed by digging deep into “Taemin’s Identity”

The show had 13 songs including the encore; the staging (production) was quite elaborate for each song. You also said during the MC that “I had a hard time choosing because there was so much I wanted to do,” what were your thoughts leading up to the day [of the concert]?

Taemin: First, even I wasn’t sure of how my color or image would turn out; so in a sense, as a way of introducing myself, I wanted to show a new (unprecedented) image as Taemin, a single individual, rather than as SHINee’s Taemin. When I thought that, there was so much I wanted to challenge. For example, for the song “I’m Crying,” the dancers are dancing and acting as if they’re in a musical; I tried to create a stage where even I, the person singing amidst all this can concentrate in its world-view. I also veiled my face with the outfit’s hood(ie) so [the audience] could better conceive the emotions in the song.

― You really put together (The stage was put together) really delicately.

Taemin: I didn’t want to do something ordinary. I wanted create things no one had ever challenged before, things people haven’t really seen before in my own way. I prepared with giving it a lot of thought[*].

[*] giving it a lot of thought: having a hard time deciding, mulling over choices.

― It takes heart to send out a new image to the world, you might have worries like “I wonder how people will respond?”

Taemin: You’re right. Of course I do think that you need courage but I’ve been doing this challenge of changing my hairstyle many times when promoting as SHINee in Korea so…(laughs).

― That’s where [you point to] (laughs). [*]

[*] As in “of all things you could have mentioned, you use changing your color as an example”

Taemin: So I think there’s a part of me that’s used to (changing my image) (laughs).

― That was an unexpected point [you brought up] (laughs). Despite having the choice to have fun together with the fans at close distance, the constitution this time was one with a story and coherence as one show. I believed that this too was a huge challenge.

Taemin: Right. Of course I thought that it was important for many people to sympathize (to connect with the audience) even more so because it was my first stage, but more than that, I fixated first on showing Taemin the person distinctly in a relatively short amount of time. I did think, “I wonder if it was better if there were more songs where could connect [with the audience]”

[IMG]

― No, it was very beautiful. Singing “Itsuka Kokode” with the piano at the end, you finished [the show] leaving a lingering feeling (afterglow).

Taemin: That was also my idea.

Purposely leaving out the MC, it was really beautiful how you ended in a way that stirred our imaginations. Do you have songs that you’re especially deeply attached to?

Taemin: “Itsuka Kokode” and “I’m Crying.” “DOOR” is also cool but the ballads that I sing while focusing on my own emotions are memorable (remains the most vivid in my memory). Singing while playing the piano was a huge challenge for me. I wasn’t very good at it actually. My skills on the piano is still lacking so I couldn’t focus on singing. How can I do it well during the concert…I prepared feeling really pressured, but I finished it without problems. It became a challenge that I succeeded in for me.

― That’s going to give you a lot of [self-]confidence.

Taemin: Yes. I think I’ll be able to sing a lot more [*] while playing the piano from now on! (laughs)

[*] more often

― Did you practice the piano until the last minute?

Taemin: Yes. Really, until the very last minute.

― That means the most nerve-wracking time was waiting for you for the climax.

Taemin: Right. Dancing and singing is something I can manage so long as I have energy but it doesn’t go that way with the piano.

― It requires a different skill.

Taemin: Since I have to pay attention to the small details.

[IMG]

(cont.)

• ― For “DOOR” you were bound by ropes and bandages, it was a stimulating (exciting) stage.

Taemin: “DOOR” was also a challenge. I think the presentation of the choreography that Nakasone Rino-san made was wonderful. She guided me so that I could express to the detailed parts [of the choreography].

― How was the Budokan stage surrounded by the audience 360°?

Taemin: It really makes me lose track of where I am! At first, we put “North” and “South” labels but once the [song] starts I don’t have time to look at them (laughs)

― Was that something you didn’t expect during your preparation period?

Taemin: If I include [my activities] in Korea, it’s been about 10 years so I thought that if I tried the 360° stage, I would be able to do it right away (laughs). But when I actually [performed on the 360 stage] it was a bit difficult. There’s no reference so I would gradually but steadily go out of position (laughs). This was especially the case with “Sayonara Hitori.”

― It[*] also became a new asset for you on stage then. Choreographer Sugawara Koharu, whom you worked together for “Sayonara Hitori” “Flame of Love” and your newest release in Korea, “MOVE” said on her radio program that there was a period when you were feeling down struggling with the mental pressure/burden while preparing for Budokan. Did you talk to her about your problems?

[*] It: his experience in performing on a 360 stage

Taemin: Right. She’s really kind and she would notice right away when I’m troubled / fraught. It’s hard for me to constantly stay happy so at times I would become sad and feel stressed but when that happened, Koharu-san showed me videos of my favorite [artist] Michael Jackson[*] and cheered me up. Casual words like “Do your best” also gives me a lot of strength. She’s someone I respect, of course in regards to dancing but also as a person.

[*] It’s actually written “videos of Michael Jackson whom/that I like” My motivation is “myself,” I want to come through every challenge[*] and grow

[*] all sorts of

― After [completing] this Budokan, do you have any goals for the future[*]?

[*] Goals: challenge, tasks

Taemin: So I could have more stamina to spare (reserve stamina)[*]; it would be nice to ease on dancing, and take the balance towards singing.

[*] Sorry I can’t come up with a good phrasing for this. He means that he doesn’t want to constantly be at his limit physically when performing. (I’m guessing it’s to give him more room to concentrate on other things so he isn’t as preoccupied on just pushing through a performance)

― If you were to give a score to this concert (Budokan)?

Taemin: Eh, is 100 points the full score?

[IMG]

Taemin and water.. Art! ♥

― Please go with that!

Taemin:…Hmmm, it’s hard to give a score after all.

― Is it hard to express it in a number?

Taemin: It’s really difficult! It’s just that, it’s always the same after finishing a concert but I’m always left with more desire than happiness.

― Like, “I want to do more next time!”

Taemin: Yes, that’s right.

― Seeing your concert this time around, the fans were also saying, “Taemin is a genius of hard work”

Taemin: No no….

― It was a stage where we felt that strongly but where does your motivation (strength/drive) to constantly work hard in order to grow come from?

Taemin: Hmmm…. I think I’m influenced by various things. For example, like developing your emotions and imagination by watching movies and seeing sceneries is one of them but I think it’s important to build experience outside of practice. I’m someone who regards both as important (treasures both).

― So [it’s important to] balance your ‘on and off’ (work and personal life)?

Taemin: Yes. I don’t know exactly know why but when I take a short break from practicing dance and watch various videos, then practice again, there really are times when I improve even more.

[IMG]

Taemin is so Beautiful! ♥

― What’s your greatest motivation for you recently?

Taemin: Recently, myself. Really!

― You are your own motivation.

Taemin: Recently, I’m attempting various things in both Japan and Korea but I want overcome them and continue being “me” (someone) who grows even more. Should I say “myself” who’s grown more than myself from yesterday – a new “me”. It’s hard to put it in words…. Please help me! (and he seeks help from his manager)

Everyone: (laughs)

― It’s fine, we all understand you! In Taemin-san’s case, is there an aspect where you grow as you draw in (engulf / involve / swallow up) everyone else around you?

Taemin: I haven’t grown to that extent. When I see TVXQ-senpai, I understand exactly what that (“to engulf everyone”) means but I think I still have long way to go.

― I think it means… that people are struck seeing Taemin-san work hard, and are moved (to action)

Taemin: I think it will still take me a long time to be like senpai (TVXQ) but.. I would like to continue to grow.

Source

Photo Scans Credit

• Repackaged Album Move-ing!

[IMG]

Have I mentioned that I love him yet? ♥

In December 2017, Taemin Released Move-ing. A repackaged Album of Move!

Track List!

1. 낮과 밤 (Day and Night)

2. Move

3. Love

4. 눈꽃 (Snow Flower)

5. Crazy 4 U

6. Heart Stop (featuring Seulgi of Red Velvet)

7. Rise (이카루스)

8. I'm Crying (Korean ver.)

9. Thirsty

10. 미로 (Stone Heart)

11. Back to You

12. 최면 (Hypnosis; Rearranged ver.)

13. Flame of Love (Korean ver.) (bonus track)

Official Day and Night MV!

Taemin wrote the lyrics to this song! Beautiful! ♥

Snow Flower!

His voice is so Beautiful!! It's Heaven to me! I NEED his voice! ♥

[IMG]

Aww... My Baby! ♥

Some of Taemin's Lives Shows!

Day and Night Live Show!

LOOK how Handsome!!! ♥

again... Handsome!!.. I really love the Choreography for this! How does he fall so gracefully to the floor like that!? ♥

[IMG]

Can I hug him?.. Please!? ♥

• In 2018, Taemin was on a music variety game show called The Call.

Official The Call Performances!

This is soo good and soo funny!..

I love this!! ♥

Official Dance Practice!

First Full Japanese Album Taemin!

[IMG]

Breathtakingly Beautiful! ♥

In November 2018, Taemin released his 3rd Japanese Album Taemin!

What’s This Feeling, from the album is the theme song for the Japanese drama Final Life: Even If You Disappear Tomorrow, which Taemin starred in, in 2017.

Track List!

1. Eclipse

2. Into the Rhythm

3. Drip Drop" (Japanese version)

4. Flame of Love

5. Under My Skin

6. Danger (Japanese version)

7. Better Man

8. Press Your Number (Japanese version)

9. Mars

10. What's This Feeling

11. Holy Water

12. さよならひとり (Sayonara Hitori)

Official Under My Skin MV!

Taemin takes my breath away... I have no words to describe the feelings Taemin makes me feel..

He's so stunning and his voice is absolute Heaven. This song is my favorite by Taemin. I love it so much! ♥

Under My Skin Behind The Scenes!

I cried watching this.. He is so Precious. I really can't explain the emotions I feel.

I am just blown away by Taemin.. He is a Masterpiece in everything he does! I am So Proud of him! ♥

[IMG]

There are no words that can ever amount to Taemin.... ♥

Charts!

Japan Weekly Albums (Oricon): 2

Japan Weekly Digital Albums (Oricon): 2

Japan Hot Albums (Billboard): 2

Source

Taemin had his first Japanese tour, Called Sirius, starting on September 21th 2018 in Kanagawa (Yokosuka Arts Theater) with a total of 32 shows in 18 cities it ended on November 26, 2018 in Tokyo at the Forest General Sports Plaza Main Arena.

Source

Official Concert Videos!

Taemin's performances are full of emotion and are so Powerful.

Completely Stunning and Captivating! ♥

Official Eclipse Live Performance!

This is one of my favorite Performances! The story Taemin tells and the emotions...

So Captivating... just Absolutely Stunning and Breathtaking! ♥

He is amazing! ♥

Visual Commentary Digest

Eng Sub Version!

Aww, My Love! Don't be embarrassed, you were amazing! ♥

[IMG]

So Effortlessly Beautiful! ♥

Model Press Photoshoot!

Look at how Stunning and Precious he is!! ♥

• Want!

[IMG]

Taemin is the most beautiful person in the world, inside and out! I swear! ♥

In February 2019, Taemin released Want!

Track List!

1. Want

2. Artistic Groove

3. Shadow

4.Truth

5. Never Forever

6. 혼잣말 (Monologue)

7. Want (Outro)

Official Want Album Run Through!

I love listening to him talk! Taemin this album is beautiful! Thank you! ♥

Official Want MV!

This is the first video I ever watched of Taemin's. He Instantly and Completely Captivated me!

My Heart and Soul was gone.. and I'm not complaining at all! ♥

Want Dance Practice!

Taemin is THE BEST! ♥

[IMG]

Royalty! ♥

Some of Taemins Live Shows!

Want Live Show!

I forget to breathe watching Taemin a lot... He's Outstanding and Untouchable!! ♥

Yes Another Want Live Show!!

My Heart is Pounding!! Look at him!! His Dancing!! The Power he holds!! ♥

Artistic Groove Live Show!

Taemin was involved in creating the Choreography for this song! Isn't he Amazing?! ♥

[IMG]

I.... have no words.... Just my heart fluttering..

Want Making Of!

Taemin..... This is too much for my heart to handle!! ♥

His Duality.. his smile.. his laugh.. his sexiness... help!

Want Concept Film!

Again what I said under the Making of video!....

They are trying to end me!!! Taemin why are you so PERFECT!? Like How!? ♥

[IMG]

Y-Yes... Taemin! ♥

Billboard Video on Taemin Responding to Fan's Comments!

Look at him!! He's so Adorable and Cute!! ♥

IHeartRadio Interview!

Yes baby! Enjoy your food!! I really love his interviews.. Learning how he thinks.. the things he likes, wants, etc..

I just Love him so much!! ♥

• Taemin Interview

Following a successful solo stint with his second studio album “Move” in October 2017, Taemin of boy band SHINee returns to the music scene with the new album “Want.”

The title track from the latest EP is partly an extension of the song “Move,” according to the artist. But it is more explosive in style and with a clearer narrative than the predecessor, he said.

“I think the song ‘Want’ does share a similar vibe with ‘Move,’” Taemin said in a recent interview held at S.M. Entertainment’s headquarters in Cheongdam-dong, southern Seoul. “But ‘Want’ carries an intense, more explosive aura in comparison to other previous songs.”

The 26-year-old artist said he doesn’t fear trying out different styles to create his unique identity in his solo endeavors, breaking away from his boyish image stemming from his SHINee days as the youngest member of the boy band.

“Many renowned male solo singers have their own stage attitude, or presence,” he said. “For me, I have my own attitude. It could be more androgynous, and maybe less masculine, making some people wonder why I dance like this. And that’s how I want them to perceive, giving a fresh hunch that will stand out, if done right.”

Taemin revealed he felt pressured to satisfy growing expectations after the success of “Move,” especially for intense and highly sensual dance moves.

“I considered maybe inserting more catchy choreography to make the performance stand out,” he said. “But for this song, I focused more on the overall mood of the song, rather than one specific move. From beginning to end, it’s more like one piece of an artwork.”

[IMG]

Can... I... just...

The dance moves in “Want” could feel rough at first, but he was going for a more laid-back, mature style.

“And I hope after watching the performance and listening to the song, viewers will want me more, and want to watch the performance more, just like the title of the song.”

He named Japanese choreographer Koharu Sugawara as a source of inspiration in transforming him into a solo artist with a unique style, countering the stereotype of other male solo artists in the industry that is divided between either ballad performances or singers with aggressive, masculine dance moves. Koharu worked on Taemin’s choreography for “Goodbye” and “Move.”

“When I saw her, I realized this is what dance is,” he said. “Her dance expression is extraordinary, and inspired me to do something that is different than other acts.”

Taemin also revealed Norwegian indie folk-pop duo Kings of Convenience is an act he likes and is interested in. “It will be very fresh to dance to this kind of music genre in the future,” he said. “I am open to all types of trends, genre and classics for inspiration for my music.”

Boasting over 10 years in the K-pop industry, Taemin -- who debuted with SHINee when he was 14 years old in 2008 -- said he wants to focus on making music that satisfies him, even if that means his music will drift from the mainstream K-pop scene.

“I want to continuously work hard so that I can create high-quality works,” he said. “Rather than focus on others, I want to create music that I am really proud of.”

Source

In March 2019, Taemin held his 2nd Concert T1001101!

*cries*.....♥♥♥

The Greatest Moments Part 1!

No one!... is doing it like Taemin!.. Performance King! ♥

The Greatest Moments Part 2!

The Emotions, The Power, The Aura!

Taemin is God Tier! ♥

Yes! Taemin is Beyond the definition of an Idol! He truly deserves the whole world! ♥

• In June 2019, Taemin held his TAEMIN ARENA TOUR 2019 X

Limited Edition Blu-ray & DVD Digest Video

Look at him! He's so adorable!! ♥

.... I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!! ♥

Famous!

[IMG]

This look! ♥

In July 2019, Taemin released his Japanese album Famous.

Track List!

1. Famous

2. Slave

3. Tease

4. Exclusive

5. It's You

6. Colours

Official Famous Digest!

I love this Album! ♥

Official Famous MV!

Taemin!!! The Whispering! ♥

Official Famous Performance Version!

I love the Choreography for this! ♥

Famous Dance Practice!

Mesmerizing! ♥

[IMG]

I love it! This hair color is so nice on him! ♥

Famous Live Performance Version!

Performance King! ♥

Famous Korean Version Live Show!

I can feel his stare hit my damn soul!! ♥

Famous Behind The Scenes!

Look how Adorable he is!!! ♥

[IMG]

Taemin is a full on Masterpiece, everything about him and all he does! ♥

• Taemin's 2nd Group SuperM!

[IMG]

left to right: Lucas, Mark, Taeyong, Taemin, Kai, Baekhyun & Ten

Look at them! They are Amazing! ♥

In October 2019, Taemin debuted again with a new group called SuperM!

SuperM is a South Korean supergroup formed in 2019 by SM Entertainment and Capitol Music Group. The group consists of seven members from four SM Entertainment boy groups: Taemin from SHINee, Baekhyun and Kai from EXO, Taeyong and Mark from NCT 127 and Ten and Lucas from WayV.

Taemin SuperM Trailer!

Mastermind! He looks so Sexy! I love it!!! ♥

On October 4, 2019, the group debuted with their self-titled EP, which entered the Billboard 200 at number one, making SuperM the first Asian artist in history to top the US album chart with a debut release. Their debut single, "Jopping", is among Billboard’s Critics' picks of "25 Best K-pop Songs" of the year.

SuperM Jopping Debut MV!

Amazing! They did so well! I'm so Proud! ♥

Keep Up with SuperM! ♥

Official SuperM YouTube!

Official SuperM Twitter!

Official SuperM Instagram!

[IMG]

T-This overall look!... Taemin!... Stunning! ♥

Taemin SuperM Photoshoot

Unreal, Breathtaking, Handsome!! ♥

His Sneeze! So Cute!!!! Help! My Heart isn't going to make it! ♥

SuperM Performance Video, Taemin's Cut!

Full Version with Ten & Kai here!

External Content vimeo.com

Are you seeing him?? Like really seeing him?!! How can he do that!?!

I'm amazed at the amount of excitement I feel while watching this even after seeing it many times! ♥

The details, the popping, the everything! Taemin is out of this world! ♥

SuperM Taemin Fancams

Tiger Inside

One

2019 SPYDER TECHWEAR X 태민(TAEMIN)

TaemLog!

In May 2020, Taemin started his own YouTube Vlog called TaemLog!

As of now there is no set schedule on releases. They have been random surprises!

Too cute!!! ♥

Full Playlist!

• Never Gonna Dance Again

Prologue 2 KIDS

[IMG]

...T-Taemin!!? Yes! Please!! ♥

In August 2020, Taemin released his prologue for his Album Never Gonna Dance Again, 2 KIDS!

2 KIDS is an electric pop track with a warm guitar sound and Taemin’s sentimental vocals. Taemin participated in writing the lyrics, which express a memory of young love and heartbreak.

Prologue of Prologue

He looks adorable! ♥

Official 2 KIDS MV Teaser!

Baby, who hurt you!!?

Official 2 KIDS MV!

He freestyled this!! Genius! ♥

2 KIDS Behind the Scenes!

.......Look how precious he is!!! I can not get over it...

His Beautiful smile. His everything!... Please keep My Baby Warm!! ♥

2 KIDS Jacket Making!

[IMG]

This angle and that look!! ♥

2 KIDS Live Performance!

Look how good he looks!!! ♥

2 KIDS Live Behind The Scenes!

An Angel!... My Angel! ♥

Taemin did a Vlive talking about his 2 KIDS release!

TAEMIN's "2 KIDS" On the Block. You can watch it here! ♥

[IMG]

I really love the black and white photos for this release! ♥

In September 2020, Taemin released his own Reality show called RareTaem.

RareTaem Teaser 1!

Awww! Look at him! How precious! ♥

RareTaem Teaser 2!

Omg! My baby!

Full Playlist!

I really enjoyed watching these. So many emotions I went through... Taemin is precious! ♥

[IMG]

That stare! ♥

• Taemin's September 2020 W Korea Interview!

WK: I was surprised that this year is the 13th year since your debut. In terms of the company, by year of experience, you're almost a deputy general manager.

Taemin: Right. At this point, I think you can see something in me for the first time, but also there's a lot that remains the same. Can I tell you a funny story? Earlier this year, I took a picture of myself dressed up as my 16 year old appearance when I just debuted with a bowl cut. I posted the picture on Instagram and I thought fans were almost fooled by it thinking it was an old picture. 'Nevertheless I'm still a little less old.' Haha.

WK: As for me, I met one of the most curious people today. How should I say it, you feel like someone with a perfect narrative.

Taemin: Thank you.

WK: In middle school, you made your debut as SHINee and grew steadily, breaking away from the group's youngest image and successfully changed your clothes as a solo musician. As soloists all 5 albums released were hits. You are now a member of SuperM, who performs around the world. The narrative in most novels wouldn't be as solid as this.

Taemin: When I look back on my life, I think it's kind of amazing. I joined the company at the age of 13, and this year I'm 28. I have lived almost half my life as a singer, and I feel the time goes by when I think, "I've been running on one path for a long time." I was a little.. I think I was a greedy person. Being greedy, I was able to debut as a team called SHINee, and had the chance to do my solo career. One day, producer Lee Sooman told me this. Any pop song is fine, so record it and bring it to me, I thought, "What's going on all of a sudden?" and prepared it. After that, my solo album came out. Now that I think about it, it was a test. I think I felt a sense of accomplishment from these things. It was very big, and of course, a lot of luck followed too.

[IMG]

Taemin looks soo handsome through out this whole photoshoot! ♥

WK: Would SM company with a systematic system simply do it? I wouldn't have suggested a solo career with that in mind.

Taemin: There were a few signs that I felt. By the time of my debut, I had few singing parts. Since Taemin had the image of being in charge of dancing. Then, the proportion of the song increased little by little, and when I look back, I think this might be one of those signs. In the middle of it, I stayed in the practice room until dawn and only practiced. It seems that employees working overtime came and saw me and made word of mouth. How sad must it have been in their eyes. I was skinny and stayed until dawn to practice alone. (laughs).

WK: Did you stay in the practice room later than others?

Taemin: After the schedule ended, I went to the practice room. Practicing until the sun rises, then go to the dorm and prepare for my schedule right away, and I spend the time like that.

WK: You were beginning to show on the SHINee stage in 2012 when you were promoting "Sherlock." Since then, there has been a feeling of enjoying the stage like a fish in water, and when did you personally begin to realize that you were making your own stage?

Taemin: There are a few times... first of all, it was the same with Sherlock. For Sherlock. I was 20, this album was just released when I turned into an adult, from that moment, my attitude on the stage changed dramatically. What I tried at the time was, "Let's not do what was decided." Usually, for a certain section, a certain gesture was set, but from Sherlock's stage, I tried different things without hesitation. I thought it was a sincere approach to those who watch, and I thought it was a way for me to develop in the future. Even if I monitor it, at that time I can see that it changes day by day.

[IMG]

Hello Love! ♥

WK: Actually, it's not an easy task for a person to make a striking jump isn't it?

Taemin: It must have been because a long hiatus before Sherlock. I was able to reorganize hard, and in such a state standing on stage after a long time, my growth must have been noticeable. How should I say this? The members really motivated me. My brothers are not ordinary people (laughs). This is something I'm really proud of, but even if most of the SHINee members are main vocals, they're all flawless and have many talents. I practiced literally with the mindset of "I have to survive here" and "Once I pulled the sword, I should cut at least a radish." I was originally greedy, but since that kind of stimulus was added, I can't not jump (laughs). When I spend time with the members, there are things that become similar to each other, thanks to this I saw the things that I haven't seen before, and I've awakened my hidden talent.

WK: The 3rd album "Never Gonna Dance Again" prologue single "2 KIDS" was released in August. While listening to the song. I sometimes look for the lyricist because I'm curious about who the lyricist is, I did the same with "2 KIDS." I thought the lyrics were written in an unrefined honest language, turns out you were the lyricist.

Taemin: I wanted to dissolve the way I usually speak. In some cases, lyrics are written poetic and abstractly, but when I was working on "2 KIDS" I thought of creating something that easily touches and grasps emotions even if you listen to it once. In the meantime, I thought that there was a certain distance between the public and me because of taking a very distinct concept like "Danger" or doing many songs with sensual performances, and I realized that I should no longer be too far away. Anyway, I'm a pop singer. The lyrics of "2 KIDS" came out to find the middle point. That's why it's the brightest song I've ever sung.

WK: Two things seem to be interesting. The clear self-consciousness of being a pop singer yourself, which is why you always stand close to the public.

Taemin: Of course, there have been many times when it didn't go well (laughs). For example, if I were to choose the title song of SHINee's album, I always had a different opinion with the members. Like when I just listened to the 4th album title song "View" and said, "This is absolutely not going to happen!" (laughs). What I'm pursuing is a little bit... there seems to be a deep pull. For example, if you express love, you prefer to solve it in a maniac way rather than in a one-dimensional way. I like to go one step further and twist it.

[IMG]

I'm completely captivated by him! ♥

WK: Somehow interesting. Maybe because I've seen so much of you easy-going self on broadcast, I could never guess that the way you approach something would be "deep."

Taemin: Basically someone who falls deeply is like that. People who are 'multi-task' can do this while doing that, but I can't do that. I have to dig only one deeply. So even though I share schedules with other members, I'm the only one who can't remember (laughs).

WK: Oh, at this point, I'm curious about your pop culture tastes, too.

Taemin: I really like the British drama "Black Mirror." I tend to be obsessed with something unusual. Things that are like a slap on the wrist? Originally, I tend to avoid movies that are popular. Such movies are not without the aspect of repeating what has already been consumed, but I think I'm starting to like things that I can take lightly. These days, I played movies and watch other works, in the past whether it was an independent film or a thriller. I look for a movie that suits my tastes, but I got tired after watching one episode, because I watch it with great concentration and it consumes my energy.

WK: While talking about the lyrics, I happen to come all the way here (laughs). If you have another chance to write lyrics in the future, what kind of story would you like to translate into lyrics?

Taemin: I like philosophical things. Among the songs in my solo album, "Soldier" is about religion, and of course it's different from time to time, but I'm not sure how I'm going to write it now... I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I want to change myself, to get rid of my former self and be reborn.

WK: Why?

Taemin: I want to find my own darker color. As if making a debut again, I want to show something new that has never happened before.

[IMG]

I kind of feel like I'm in trouble.. I didn't do it!.... ok.... maybe I did! ♥

(cont)

• WK: Didn't you always feel new every time you made a comeback? Few musicians have shown as diverse and experimental concept as much as you.

Taemin: Is that so? Of course the concept was always new, but.. these days, I think I want to change the kind of person I am from the inside completely. I have a thirst to show a more human and sincere side of me rather than just showing my facade. If you're human, there are times when you become weak and broken. I'm sure there's beauty that comes from it. The moment when a person collapses, then. Only then can I get back on my feet and stand up again, and I believe that showing all of these sides without hiding this is the way I should go as an artist now.

WK: In fact, the reason why I'm looking forward to this 3rd album is that it is the album that reflects your opinion the most. Was there any point where you worked differently than usual?

Taemin: First, I got to know the music video director myself and cast him. This is because it is important to reduce the number of maneuvers and to keep pace with the director one-on-one. During several meetings, I thought over the concept, costumes, hair, and makeup. After "2 KIDS," 2 albums will be released one after another, but they also suggested an opinion in the way that while thinking about which link to put in the prologue they would like to leave these keywords in the music video. Most fans call it "content" (laughs). What stood out the most in the music video for "2 KIDS" was the choreography. Didn't it look simply to follow the rhythm and move your body around the emotional line? In fact, I was going to put few dance scenes. In case you don't know, I prepared that in a really short time on the day before I left for Paris. In fact, I had a choreography with a "dramatize" corner in mind and I think the director seemed to have expected contemporary dance moves. In the end, it was well expressed with the choreography that was perfectly coordinated at the midpoint between the director and I.

WK: Personally, "2 KIDS" is a universal love song, so I think it would have been nice if you turn the direction key on with a dramatized choreography.

Taemin: I also said this to the director. I wish I could look utterly pathetic and pitiful, I can fall into the abyss, broken, and really look like I was suddenly somewhere on the street, why did I want to be so broken? I don't know. I just seem to have a lot of things inside of me. It also seems that I wanted to express it..

[IMG]

Taemin looks so soft here.. so cute!! ♥

WK: In your 1st solo mini-album "Ace," you had to prove yourself to the public as a solo musician, and in your 2nd album "Move," I think you're starting to solidify your own color. Personally, I wonder if Taemin is a musician who has proven himself. In that state, the upcoming album is "Never Gonna Dance Again." Have you ever thought that this album is 'real'?

Taemin: Rather than that, my hope is that this album will be a 'turning point'. As I did during Sherlock's time, I hope this time I will change the kind of person I am completely. As a human being and as a performer, people who listen to this album may say they like or don't like, but now I try not to care about that.

WK: You used to be the type who cared about feedback?

Taemin: Yes, because there are many people who are uncomfortable with change. However, if you stick to such a place, you will never be able to get out of the cage. Now I'm trying to notice that less.

WK: Have you ever thought about this? That something experimental has always returned to you.

Taemin: Like I said before, there must be a lot of things inside me (laughs). People recognized it, and I myself have a lot of things I want to do. I have a desire to be different from others. Not 'looking different' but really different.

WK: Do you think you have something of your own that others can't follow?

Taemin: I have no idea what it is. I'm looking for it now. However, I have low satisfaction with myself, and that's what led me to this day.

WK: What kind of time do you spend that recharges you the most?

Taemin: I like lower-body bathing so much (laughs). When you enter the bath, you can hear 'uhh' 'ahh' sounds. Droop my body, light a scented candle, and loose my body in that state.

[IMG]

*sighs* Taemin wears a suit so well.. Very Handsome! ♥

WK: When I saw your Toutube content TaemLog, I thought, 'Are you greedy for household goods?' The kitchen was especially often put on the camera, but the cupboard was decorated with a pretty cub and a colorful coffee machine.

Taemin: I'm not greedy. My mother did everything for me. (laughs). She displays them in my cupboard while saying, "Taeminnie will suit something like this-'. Sometimes I think of this. When I move in later, I want to decorate the house with antique things. It's kind of funny, but the houses in old horror movies look so pretty.

WK: There was a bottle of Moet & Chandon in the fridge, do you usually drink champagne when you drink?

Taemin: I rarely drink alcohol. I usually get a lot of alcohol presents, but they all go back to my father (laughs). Moet & Chandon was brought and left by my mother. I told her to bring a bottle of pretty stuff for decoration, so she really just put it? (laughs).

WK: What kind of person is 28 year old Taemin?

Taemin: I think I want to burn it up a little. I think I want to decorate the finale of the first act coolly too.

WK: What kind of musician do you want to be remembered as?

Taemin: A great man. I know this will sound a bit exaggerated, but I have a mission.

WK: I can feel it.

Taemin: The bigger the person you become, the greater your impact on society, isn't it? I will be that kind of person. So that many people can hear the message I want to convey.

(Trans. Credit: ixakaixa)

[IMG]

T-Taemin!!? ..... How can He be so Breathtakingly Gorgeous!

Behind the Scenes of WKorea PhotoShoot!

He's an angel.. look how sweet and precious he is! ♥

History of Taemin!

I'm in tears.. I'm so proud! Taemin, you are Absolutely Breathtaking! ♥

• Never Gonna Dance Again

Act 1

[IMG]

Can I be that statue!? Please!? ♥

Mood Sampler 1 - Suspect Version!

I'm Scared! Taemin...?

Mood Sampler 2 - Innocent Version!

Innocent?! I'm still scared!!

[IMG]

*blinks*.... T-...Taemin!?

I feel like I should run, but I'm definitely not going to..

In September 2020, Taemin released Act 1.

Track List!

1. Criminal

2. 일식 (Black Rose) (Ft. Kid Milli)

3. Strangers

4. 해몽 (Waiting For)

5. Famous (Korean Ver.)

6. Clockwork

7. Just Me and You

8. 네모 (Nemo)

9. 2 KIDS

Criminal MV Teaser 1!

Criminal MV Teaser 2!

Official Criminal MV!

An Absolute Masterpiece!! ♥

Criminal Dance Practice!

The ending!!! I Love Him!! ♥

Criminal Dance Tutorial!

Look how cute and how much fun they are having!! ♥

I just love Taemin's laugh! He's so adorable! ♥

Taemin also had a Vlive talking about Criminal!

TAEMIN's "Criminal" Lounge. You can watch it here!

[IMG]

Some of Taemin's The Stage Lives!

Criminal The Stage!

Destroy Me More! ♥

Black Rose The Stage!

The visuals! I love this Choreography! ♥

Nemo The Stage!

Heavenly Vocals! Beautiful song! ♥

The Stage Behind the Scenes!

So Thankful for all of Taemin's hard work and Passion! ♥

[IMG]

This picture is so Stunning! I love that I can see all his Pretty Beauty Marks! ♥

Some of Taemin's Live Shows!

Criminal Live Show!

Just Look at him!!! The Dancing... Everything!! I-... ♥

His breaths! Those live vocals! Yes Love! ♥

Black Rose Live Show!

The Choreography is sooo Good!! Breathtaking! ♥

This suit.. I'm freaking out! Taemin looks so Stunningly Handsome! ♥

[IMG]

Beautiful!! Just Absolutely Beautiful! ♥

Criminal Jacket, Behind The: Act 1!

Taemin is so precious! He deserves the Whole World! ♥

I love listening to him talk, even if I don't know what he's saying! ♥

• Taemin's Teen Vogue Interview

Source

K-Pop Icon Taemin Talks “Criminal” and His Cinematic Vision

“Fans already know a lot about me, but with this new album they will realize that I put a lot of time and a lot of energy into creating my music."

BY TÁSSIA ASSIS

SEPTEMBER 8, 2020

[IMG]

I love this whole photoshoot! ♥

In the popular tarot book Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom, author Rachel Pollack says that the Devil card means that you obey “your desires, rather than acting the way you think is best.” The most common depiction of this card shows a man and a woman — reminiscent of Adam and Eve — chained to a block of cement. The Devil looms above, glaring. The couple, however, do not appear uncomfortable, and the chains could come off easily, if only they wanted to remove them.

“Destroy me more,” Taemin demands while staring at the camera in his new music video “Criminal.” He wears a studded eye patch, leather gloves, and a black jacquard suit. An impatient hand runs through his messy, silvery locks. In a set that recalls 1997 horror film The Devil’s Advocate, he is surrounded by dancers veiled in red, consuming him like living flames. What could be a moment of redemption is, instead, a surrender to the dark, twisty maze of his own artistry.

“I’m on a leash called ‘you’, it’s painful as much as I can’t breathe, but also magnificent,” he sings, per Genius translation. The newtro synths on “Criminal” create a moody, hypnotizing atmosphere to fit Taemin’s dance with the Devil: the elegant offender in the lyrics is none other than himself.

When he started to work on his double album Never Gonna Dance Again back in January of this year, he envisioned it as an inflection point in his career, a chance for a “great impact.” After all, it takes courage to name an album after one of your—and your fans’— worst nightmares.

“You can think of it as a movie and its sequels,” Taemin tells Teen Vogue. “They are unique on their own, but they all come together in the end.” Act 1 of the project dropped on September 7th, while Act 2’s release date has yet to be announced. “[It’s] a masterpiece that I’m very satisfied with.”

[IMG]

He looks so good! ♥

The Ace of Ace, as SM Entertainment once dubbed Lee Taemin, is only 27 years old, but his vision and craft contain wisdom beyond years. Born in Seoul, he debuted in 2008 with the group SHINee and has spent almost half of his life in the spotlight. He has acted in numerous dramas, such as 2013’s Dating Agency: Cyrano; showcased his charisma in variety shows like We Got Married and Hit the Stage; performed in Younique, a dance team formed by SM to promote “Maxstep”; debuted again in 2014 as a solo artist; mentored the survival show The Unit in 2017; and debuted for the fourth time as a member of SuperM, SM’s supergroup project, in 2019.

To many, he’s the blueprint, inspiring both younger and older idols alike who consider him iconic. Taemin is thankful for that reputation, but he also says that it’s mutual: “I'm very thankful to be considered as a role model for younger artists. I always get a lot of support and energy from them, so I’m glad to give back that positive energy.”

There’s an inherent ease in the way Taemin speaks, in the way his crystalline voice echoes, straightforward and confident. It’s the speech of a dancer — someone who first learned how to express the range of human emotions through his physical body, and who has now transformed this knowledge into part of his whole being.

Before Act 1, he released “2 Kids,” a prologue single meant to introduce this new era. “Two kids, too young and dumb. If I endured everything, would it be different?” he wonders in the lyrics, which he co-wrote. “Act 1 is about rebelling against the ordinary and the process of finding a new ego,” he says. “Since I wanted to make a cinematic story, I first chose the title track and, for the rest of the songs, I chose the concepts and picked keywords to name them.”

With titles such as “Strangers” and “Clockwork,” the keywords Taemin chose allude to themes of love, loss, and longing. Sonically, Act 1 is one of his most mature works so far — a versatile play that weaves through slinky synths, rolling trap beats, and R&B jams seamlessly.

[IMG]

The colors here... so pleasing to the eye.. and of course.. Stunning Taemin! ♥

“Fans already know a lot about me, but with this new album they will realize that I put a lot of time and a lot of energy into creating my music,” he says, though Taemints and Shawols (the fandom names for both Taemin and SHINee) will of course know how hardworking he is.

While looking at his effortless performances, it’s easy to think Taemin descended to Earth in that immaculate form. But as life often shows, appearances are only a fraction of the journey. When reflecting on his debut with SHINee in an interview with Sellev, Taemin admitted that his voice wasn’t even featured on their title track, “Replay.” He felt lacking, even though he was also the main dancer of the group.

In order to improve, Taemin practiced overnight and deprived himself of sleep until he could finally consider himself a complete artist. Thinking back to those times, he is gentle. “I would tell [my younger self] to not be afraid to recover from mistakes,” he says now. “To always keep his head up and always move forward.”

And so he did. In 2014, he was the first member of his group to debut as a solo artist with the EP, Ace. The introductory video for Ace featured black-and-white footage of Taemin’s growth since debut. “I’ll show you love, fights, sad goodbyes,” he sings, foreshadowing themes he’d explore in the next few years.

[IMG]

He looks so small and precious! ♥

Taemin’s solo career was built with daring thematic plunges. Often tied up, masked, playing with dangerous instruments or simply teasing the viewer, there’s no concept too bold for him. “Danger,” his debut single, had smoky eyes, motorcycles, and a gun-shaped guitar — symbols that contrasted with his off-stage presence and angelic features. “Press Your Number” took Taemin’s introduction to peril to the external world, where he robbed a convenience store and kidnapped a woman, only to discover he was attacking himself. “Move” saw him break labels between perceptions of masculine or feminine performance, and “Want” furthered his exploration of desire and temptation through the use of religious imagery.

At the time of this interview, Taemin hadn’t yet seen the finalized music video for “Criminal,” but was confident that he would enjoy it. “Because I was heavily involved in every process of filming, I have a lot of affection towards it,” he shares. He personally chose director Jo Beomjin of VM Project Architecture, who worked with Taemin on “Press Your Number” and “Drip Drop,” to express the ideas he had in mind. “We click very well, and it was important for me to have that connection,” Taemin says. “He’s someone I feel comfortable with, someone who understands me.”

Beomjin wasn’t the only familiar face helping Taemin’s masterpiece come to life. To create the performance for “Criminal,” he also recruited long-time colleagues and choreographers Kasper and Koharu Sugawara. “You can see that it builds up to a very dramatic ending,” Taemin explains. “I’m tied up, then I’m free and I dance around, but not in a joyful manner. It’s very emotional, and I added an element of catharsis at the end.”

As if continuing from where the plot of “Press Your Number” ended, “Criminal” Taemin now pays for his sins. Stuck between hell and limbo, he’s either in The Devil’s Advocate set, dancing over a lava floor, or writhing in a sterile white room. The dramatic ending, however, does not offer a conclusion to his afflictions — that’s a mission for Act 2, where “the birth of a new self-identity” will take place, he says.

Although fearless and experienced in his work, he’s still the “baby cheese” to his hyungs. His face perfectly mimics the emoticon 6v6 when he smiles. His “magic hands” still wreak havoc on everything he touches. This endearing duality is part of what makes Taemin such a fascinating artist. “I’m curious, I love to try new things. I’m quite passionate as well, but since I’m very young, I’m still in the process of developing as an artist,” he says. And to fans who might be worrying, he is reassuring. “Of course I won’t stop dancing. I’ll never stop dancing.”

[IMG]

The look in his eyes doesn't look innocent at all! ♥

Volume Up Radio Show!

Ravi's Close Up With Taemin!

• Wavve Instagram Story

External Content twitter.com

Playlist for SuperM's Mtopia

(this is updated after it airs on Wavve)

Wavve Official Instagram

Vogue Korea Instagram Post!

External Content www.instagram.com

Look how Precious Taemin is!! Can I have him for Chirstmas? ♥

• W Korea

W Korea TikTok Update!

He is so Cute!!! His little laugh!! ♥

W Korea Official Tik Tok!

W Korea Instagram Story Update!

Look how Handsome! ♥

W Korea Official Instagram!

• W Korea Instagram Update

He is Beyond Gorgeous! Absolutely Breathtaking! ♥

...How can I stay calm when he looks like this!?!?

Taemin, My Love, You are Perfection! ♥

• SuperM On The Late Late Show w/James Corden

Taemin Pictures!

Beautiful! ♥

SuperM One (Monster & Infinity) Performance!

They all did so well and look so good! ♥

• SHINee Twitter Update!

KOREA BRAND & ENTERTAINMENT EXPO 2020

• W Korea Instagram story update

Taemin cut!

He's so Adorable!! ♥

• Flaunt SuperM Interview!

Taemin's Cut!

[IMG]

What is unique about your chemistry that you don't experience in your individual groups?

Taemin: I’ve always been one of the youngest until I joined SuperM, where I found myself as one of the senior (older and more experienced) members of the group. Taking on this role allowed me to discover myself more. They bring out a different side of me that I wasn’t really aware of before. And though we are all very different, we’ve become very close. Everyone has a great sense of humor so when we’re together, there is always this bright, happy energy. I’m always having a great time when I’m with the guys.

Why does this moment in the world feel the right time to drop an album as a super group?

Taemin: Although it’s difficult to go outside and do “normal” things due to the pandemic, what’s great about music is that you can also enjoy it wherever you are. Music is a part of everyone’s daily lives—kind of like their own unique background music—and can have a big big impact on their moods, the environment and how they start and go about their days. With this in mind, we hope listeners can find healing and strength to help overcome these times through our music.

How would you describe SuperM’s energy and charm? How is it special?

Taemin: I think SuperM’s biggest strength is our performance. The members are outstanding artists with their own exceptional talent including vocal, rap and dancing and we also each have strong characters and personalities that helps create that super synergy on stage.

[IMG]

He is so Breathtakingly Handsome! ♥

Taemin (태민)

I know you’ve recently been working more on your solo career, what’s it’s like to work within a group again?

I feel more at ease when I’m with the guys because I have them to rely on. With busy schedules, there are times when I feel tired and uninspired but to have other members cheer you on and work towards the same goals is a blessing. I’m very grateful and happy to have them by my side.

You debuted at age 14. What has it been like to be involved in pop/fame at such a young age and what have you learned from this experience? What would you change if you could revise history?

From debuting at such a young age, I definitely learned a lot. Compared to others around my age in their late 20s and early 30s who are just starting off their careers, I’d say I’m more knowledgeable about “the real world” because I started so early. If I could turn back the clock and give advice to my younger self, I would say don’t put too much pressure on yourself–take the time to enjoy the moment. When I think back, I was always in a rush to move forward but now I realize that as long as you have a goal and stay determined, it’s fine to just take it one step at a time.

What is your process like when you write a song?

I first listen to the demo and if I really like it, I keep it as it is but most of the time, I to change it up a bit. After discussing my vision with the producer or songwriter, I make the changes, edits and add a topline. I like doing this bit by bit, not all at once, because as I work on the song I’m also thinking about and envisioning the performance. When there is a change to the performance, there is also a change to the song to match the performance and vice versa. When the song is completed to some extent, I record the song, work on the choreography and finalize the performance details.

Source & Full SuperM Interview

• Taemin Instagram Updates!

• Taemin's 2020 MAMA Nominations!

Best Male Artist! ♥

Best Dance Performance Solo! ♥

Also Artist of the Year, Worldwide Fan's Choice, and Criminal for Song of the Year!

• W Korea TikTok & Youtube Update!

Taemin's Cut!

♥♥♥

• Never Gonna Dance Again Act 2 Update!

Track List!

[IMG]

I am sooooo Excited!!!! ♥

Taemin Instagram Update!

• Act 2 Update!

2nd Teaser Images!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

OMG!!! My Heart is pounding!!.... He looks STUNNING and Haunting in these!... Such a Masterpiece!! ♥

• Taemin Instagram Update!

• This thread contains 588 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!