Ok so what is this nct Hollywood thing all about?

• Says there's no discussion to engage in.

Literally none of this happened lmao stop lying, you have already stalked my profile and you know this is not true so what's the point of lying? I'm literally the op of the first ever thread about NCT H.

Since you're being wilfully obtuse, this thread is redundant and that's why I commented. I would have engaged in the discussion if there was any but alas.

Engages in discussion.

Their financial troubles have nothing to do with the artists or the music business. It's all because of their other sub labels and side businesses

Oh sorry for stalking my own damn thread. Fr. Whats wrong with you? This was supposed to be lighthearted and your creating a nuisance.

Desbundar

• Says there's no discussion to engage in.

Engages in discussion.

Oh sorry for stalking my own damn thread. Fr. Whats wrong with you? This was supposed to be lighthearted and your creating a nuisance.

That was not the main point of the thread and you know it.

I'm done talking to you. The way you lashed out and started throwing unfounded accusations around shows that you have a personal problem with me, unfortunately I don't even know who you are but anyway have a good day or night or whatever.

• Their financial troubles have nothing to do with the artists or the music business. It's all because of their other sub labels and side businesses

Doesn't change the fact that creating a new group (and TV show apparently) adds on to the overall financial burden they're facing now when profits for SM aren't looking too good

• Doesn't change the fact that creating a new group (and TV show apparently) adds on to the overall financial burden they're facing now when profits for SM aren't looking too good

This is NCT's original concept. It was announced since the get go that they'll keep debuting news units with localised concepts.

2nd, logically speaking if SM couldn't handle debuting a new unit they wouldn't do it. And judging from the immense budget they dished out on NCT Dream's and ÆSPA's comebacks, it doesn't seem like they're going to let this financial problem hinder their music related spendings.

Finally, I don't really care for SM's finances as long as they don't impact the music and the art, I just wanted to point out that the losses aren't caused because of the music business and groups which is a new narrative some people have been trying to push in the past 2 days.

• That was not the main point of the thread and you know it.

I'm done talking to you. The way you lashed out and started throwing unfounded accusations around shows that you have a personal problem with me, unfortunately I don't even know who you are but anyway have a good day or night or whatever.

Your telling me the main point of my own thread? What?

Am I the one making "unfounded accusations" when you were calling me a "stalker" and claim I have a "personal problem" with you? You came to this thread and started acting up. Calling you out on your hypocrisy is "violent" and "lashing out" and you accuse me of exaggeration.

Thats a whole lotta projection in one thread. Whew.

Desbundar

• Your telling me the main point of my own thread? What?

Am I the one making "unfounded accusations" when you were calling me a "stalker" and claim I have a "personal problem" with you? You came to this thread and started acting up. Calling you out on your hypocrisy is "violent" and "lashing out" and you accuse me of exaggeration.

Thats a whole lotta projection in one thread. Whew.

Are you serious?

All I said was that this is the 3466th thread of its kind and you lashed out, calling me stupid and pressed and accusing me of whining in all threads about NCT Hollywood and admitting that you went through my posting history and now you're calling me hypocrite too. If this is not an obvious personal problem then I don't know what it is. Maybe take a deep breath and ask yourself, is this reaction of yours really warranted? I'm sorry that my first comment bothered you this much but you're really going too far, it was never that serious.

Edit :I know I said I wasn't going to respond anymore but you're really taking it too far. You're going into my block list goodbye.

• This is NCT's original concept. It was announced since the get go that they'll keep debuting news units with localised concepts.

2nd, logically speaking if SM couldn't handle debuting a new unit they wouldn't do it. And judging from the immense budget they dished out on NCT Dream's and ÆSPA's comebacks, it doesn't seem like they're going to let this financial problem hinder their music related spendings.

Finally, I don't really care for SM's finances as long as they don't impact the music and the art, I just wanted to point out that the losses aren't caused because of the music business and groups which is a new narrative some people have been trying to push in the past 2 days.

I know what NCT's concept is. The budget they use for their music relate spending is from their overall profits and with the way things are looking rn, logically speaking, if there isn't some kind of turnaround soon, it doesn't seem like a good business idea to debut another group and adding on to the burden. If they can pull it off then good but even the most successful businesses make unwise decisions.

• Are you serious?

All I said was that this is the 3466th thread of its kind and you lashed out, calling me stupid and pressed and accusing me of whining in all threads about NCT Hollywood and admitting that you went through my posting history and now you're calling me hypocrite too. If this is not an obvious personal problem then I don't know what it is. Maybe take a deep breath and ask yourself, is this reaction of yours really warranted? I'm sorry that my first comment bothered you this much but you're really going too far, it was never that serious.

Edit :I know I said I wasn't going to respond anymore but you're really taking it too far. You're going into my block list goodbye.

Didn't call you pressed but you've been lying for most of this thread so I'm rly not surprised by this. Oh sorry I went to verify my replies. I'm stalking myself. So creepy of me. Gotta get a restraining order against myself for not being an idiot thats gonna get gaslighted.

I did call you a hypocrite cuz you are one. Anyone that made it this far would've figured that out but ohh sorry they must also be your "stalkers" or have a "personal problem" with you as well.

Oh thank God. I was wondering if there was a way I could block you from my thread. This ain't just good but a heaven sent riddance.

:pepe-toast:

Edit- its a joke. I did call you pressed looking at the 3 pages that went to waste guess it was true.

Desbundar

• I know what NCT's concept is. The budget they use for their music relate spending is from their overall profits and with the way things are looking rn, logically speaking, if there isn't some kind of turnaround soon, it doesn't seem like a good business idea to debut another group and adding on to the burden. If they can pull it off then good but even the most successful businesses make unwise decisions.

It does seem like they agree with you, hence why they're going through with this and apparently will also debut NCT Japan later this year :wellr:

• I know what NCT's concept is. The budget they use for their music relate spending is from their overall profits and with the way things are looking rn, logically speaking, if there isn't some kind of turnaround soon, it doesn't seem like a good business idea to debut another group and adding on to the burden. If they can pull it off then good but even the most successful businesses make unwise decisions.

PLEASE stop talking about things you know nothing about. SM is losing money due to subsidiaries, we can’t tell how much SM’ music department makes alone because everything is reported together. But we do know, SM’ revenue is generally high (due to music), but profit is low due to other things going negative. So profits come out negative or low.

But your saying.... The most profitable part of SM (their groups) they shouldn’t be producing more of? That makes sense to you? NCT had NOTHING to do with SM “burden” because they sell more than enough to cover cost.

Their other companies/subsidiaries have nothing to do with their music production, hence why it isn’t stoping plans to expand. Why would you stop expanding your money making division????

Let me break it down for you, if you have 2 businesses (B1 and B2), B1 is doing great, but B2 is losing money. Wouldn’t it make sense to expand on B1??? Which is exactly what SM is doing.

I know it’s a essay, but there are so many forum users re-using talking points without knowing an ounce of what they are talking about. Stop.

• Doesn't change the fact that creating a new group (and TV show apparently) adds on to the overall financial burden they're facing now when profits for SM aren't looking too good

Tbf, people should consider that we are on a global pandemic, the normal thing to do is to loose money, specially when you heavily depend on touring and a big part of your investments have to do with tourism. Even then, the side business were the cause of the deficit. It's true that before 2020 SM wasn't looking that good either profits-wise but the CEO changed last year and NCT multiplied their selling power, on a normal situation SM could have 3 units touring rn with 2 of them being on arenas. SM's potential on revenue and even profit is the biggest after Hybe but they must be praying this Covid thing ends already because there's only so much album sales can do to maintain the amount of business SM has.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!