So is it safe to say SM abandoned NCT-SEA for NCT-Hollywood?

• LSM said this three years ago:

SM Founder Lee Soo Man Reveals Plans To Recruit New NCT Members In Indonesia

Lee Soo Man Elaborates On His Plan To Launch NCT Vietnam Team

But now he wants to do this instead?

In the latest business deal to underscore the globalization of K-pop, MGM Worldwide Television Group is partnering with Korea’s SM Entertainment to develop a competition series to scout young American men to form a U.S.-based K-pop group.

To be more precise, the new boy group, NCT-Hollywood, will be the latest subunit of SM’s hit “concept” group NCT, a growing collective of members (currently numbering 23) who can be combined into various subunits: NCT 127 (Seoul-based), NCT Dream (originally a teen-only group) and WayV (China-based).

The talent search will be open to “America’s most talented emerging artists” who are males aged 13 to 25. Contestants will be flown to Seoul for K-pop bootcamp training at the SM campus, where each episode they will compete in dance, vocal and style tests and will be judged and mentored by SM founder Soo-Man Lee as well as various current NCT members.

MGM Television Teams With Korea’s SM Entertainment for U.S. K-Pop Competition Show

Geez, I really wanted to see NCT-Viet ?(

• :/ NCT-Hollywood? That's an adequate "placeholder" name. Why not something like NCT-323 (one of the area codes for Hollywood, Los Angeles, and several other cities in that part of Cali)?

• I do not want to be negative about it but NCT Hollywood or whatever it is would NEVER work

Is it hard for LSM to just stick at SM's biggest profit market and stop trying?

THIS is why SM is not doing good, this old man is too thirsty for the American market that does not guarantee success nor profit

Anyways, what other NCT subunits they should be?

Japan,Africa and SEA are the only one I know..

영원히 소녀시대! BLACKPINK IS THE REVOLUTION                      original.gif

• honestly not to be negative but they are gonna be the laughing stock of kpop... they aren't gonna be taken seriously.

I don’t know where takes like this come from? With literally almost EVERY kpop group trying to gain western appeal, you think a group made of westerns is gonna be laughed at?

Especially with how western-born idols are usually held on a pedestal by international fans?

Make your post make sense pls.....

Edit: Not to mention being tied to a successful brand like NCT that sells more than 99% of groups. Like the more i think about your comment, the more it makes less sense.

• I would have sworn that everyone was mocking SM for sticking to China especially when Lsm talked about the importance of China to Kpop.

lt64IYu.gif

• honestly not to be negative but they are gonna be the laughing stock of kpop... they aren't gonna be taken seriously.

Well, kpop groups and their fandoms are the laughing stocks of locals already so it doesn't really matter, they want to make money they don't care about being taken serious by people who have no buying potential. People said the same about SuperM and they were selling arenas on the US and their last album sold 500k even with the amount of hate the group received since the start. At the end of the day what matters is if they have the support to back it up

Neo got my back

bottom!Taeyong | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!