Is it safe to say RV has the longest Hiatus for an active SM group?

• ??? 11

1. Hmm a reach (if you click this you have to go stream High Heel by brave girls btw) (10) 91%
    2. No I’m afraid you have a point here (1) 9%

It’s officially 17 months today and if SM is smart I’d stir CLEAR from May & June cause it’s packed af.

Things I won’t count for arguments:

• Military reason hiatus don’t count cause every BG has to go through it
    • BoA’s KPop hiatus cause she still put music out in Japan and america,
    • SNSD told everyone they are taking a break to do solo work so that’s ruled out.
    • You can debate f(x) but everyone and their dead or alive grandmother knows those function ladies are never coming back....

so... with all those ruled out is RV the longest hiatus for a Active SM group?

• miss-z

Changed the title of the thread from “Is it safe to say RV has the longest Hiatus for a active SM group?” to “Is it safe to say RV has the longest Hiatus for an active SM group?”.
  • If you won't count military enlistment because it's inevitable then you can't count most of RV's hiatus either since it was inevitable after Wendy's accident.

my thing is... SM has given comebacks to groups with members missing so a OT4 comeback would’ve been understandable, the girls must’ve been against the idea I guess

• Official Post

TVXQ hasn't released an album since a Japanese one in 2019. They haven't had a Korean comeback since 2018.

• my thing is... SM has given comebacks to groups with members missing so a OT4 comeback would’ve been understandable, the girls must’ve been against the idea I guess

The groups that got comebacks despite missing members were bigger (in numbers) than RV and had more main vocalists so it was easier to work around it.

• Pretty much every sm gg ever. Rv have solo activities so its not like they've dungenoued the members. Joy has insanely successful osts, yeri and Irene acted in movies, wendy just had a comeback and seulgi has plenty of high profile cfs.

After psycho wendy literally needed reconstruction surgery and sm (known for overworking its idols getting them hooked on painkillers) thought it was serious so you can imagine how she was. You can't have her skipping and hopping when she's come outta something so serious.

So a year in the hospital plus more for recovery which was why I was unhappy with Wendy's rushed debut. It wasn't like seulrenes with heavy promotion. Something seemed to be missing in the preparations. This should've been a well prepared autumn comeback instead.

So outside the group being inactive the members very much are.

Desbundar

• Is it really that long though? even though they haven't had an album or mini in a while they also released the BoA tribute and song for Start Up OST. I wouldn't necessarily call that part of a hiatus. For me hiatus means literally nothing happening lol

• I agree about Wendy rushed solo, like it started out so promising promotions wise then just cut short I can only s assume that the RV comeback is in knee deep preparation and that she can only do so much I guess.... but still a week of music shows is just weird

• Let’s hope

Is it really that long though? even though they haven't had an album or mini in a while they also released the BoA tribute and song for Start Up OST. I wouldn't necessarily call that part of a hiatus. For me hiatus means literally nothing happening lol

I suppose you make a point, I guess one could say the hiatus actually started in October

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!