Biggest Girl Group every year (gen 3 edition)

• ?????? 11

1. one or two of these are a REACH (5) 45%
    2. You’re pretty much right about this (6) 55%

Only counting gen 3 groups, and tbh Gen 3 didn’t truly start dominating til 2015 so imma start there.

2015: Red Velvet

Honorable mention: Gfriend

2016: Twice

honorable mention: Gfriend

2017: Twice Red Velvet

Honorable Mention: Red Velvet Twice

2018: Blackpink/Twice

Honorable Mention: Momoland

2019: Blackpink (I guess)

2020: Blackpink

Honorable Mention: Oh My Girl

2021: Brave Girls

Honorable Mention: N/A

Edited once, last by miss-z ().

• 2019 was TWICE.

2018 is a tie between BP and TWICE.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• 2019 was BP, IYAtour being the highest grossing for a kpop gg, Coachella, KTL broke many records internationally and despite being an "decent" hit in SK it had show longevity in sales and rn is the best selling 2019 album in hanteo and will become the first pre 2020 female album to achieve 2xplatinum, the usa debut, the japan dome concer the same night as MAMA, and even buzz talking BP was the number 1 gg in the kpop comunnity being both bashed and supported.

• 2015 is Gfriend, MGT was literally released in 2015.

2018 and 2019 is a probably tie between Bp and Twice depending on how u see it.

2018 Blackpink had better digitals and charting in both korea and internationally with d4 and fy, but lost out on physicals to Twice.

2019 Blackpink had better digitals and charting only internationally, but Twice didnt do that well in korean digitals/charting either. Both were beaten by ITZY. Blackpink had higher concert revenue in 2019, and Twice has more physicals despite KTL going to outsell either of Twice's album in 2019.

Their ranking is basically tied unless u value one aspect more than the other

• The revisionist history continues on this site I see and people actually believe it. There's no logic or consistency to this list.

Red Flavour was bigger than any Twice song in 2017 and RV got a lot of attention so why are they not number one like BP in 2018 according to you? DD, Psycho and Hip both did better than Twice/BP songs in 2019 so where are they?

• 2018 was Twice. First Kpop GG to appear at the prestigious Kohaku twice. Sold out the the 3rd largest arena in the world for 2 consecutive days, had one of the biggest song of 2018 (DTNA) and continued success in both digitals and physicals and winning daesangs left and right.

2019 was a tie between BP and Twice.

• Official Post

How is 2017 TWICE when Red Flavor was bigger than any TWICE song released that year?

tbh I think it's this:

2015: Gfriend because Me Gustas Tu was a SMASH

2016: TWICE as Cheer Up was a huge hit, Gfriend as an honorable mention because Rough was a huge hit

2017: Red Velvet as Red Flavor was a national hit and the biggest GG song of that year, but TWICE still took the cake everywhere else.

2018: BlackPink as D4 was a huge hit, they also had Forever Young which was also a smash. They also started making waves internationally. Only lost out on physicals to TWICE.

2019: BlackPink, they finally went to Coachella and had massive success with IYA Tour. I'd say they were tied with TWICE domestically.

2020: BlackPink, The Album ended up being the best selling KPOP female album of all time and HYLT/LSG were smashes in Korea, with Ice Cream being a smash internationally too. Honorable mention to Oh My Girl, as they had Nonstop/Dolphin in Korea which were huge, and Arin slowly became one of the biggest IT girls of 2020.

2021(so far): Brave Girls with double whammy Rollin' and We Ride and Yujeong is becoming an IT girl as well. These girls are EVERYWHERE, snatching CFs left and right, going on every variety show, etc.

• 2015 is Gfriend, MGT was literally released in 2015.

2015: Gfriend because Me Gustas Tu was a SMASH

2015 has to be gfriend

I didn’t really think about gfriend cause Me Gusta Tu came out in July and did ok and only became viral late that year I feel most of it’s successful can be grouped with 2016 since it was a sleeper hit (like what happened with LOA) where RV had back to back hits and wins

Edited once, last by miss-z ().

• The revisionist history continues on this site I see and people actually believe it. There's no logic or consistency to this list.

Red Flavour was bigger than any Twice song in 2017 and RV got a lot of attention so why are they not number one like BP in 2018 according to you? DD, Psycho and Hip both did better than Twice/BP songs in 2019 so where are they?

How is 2017 TWICE when Red Flavor was bigger than any TWICE song released that year

2017: Red Velvet as Red Flavor was a national hit and the biggest GG song of that year.

About RV you guys make a good point Imma fix that

• 2019 was TWICE.

2018 is a tie between BP and TWICE.

I used International accomplishments as a separating point since domestically they were pretty similar (everyone underperformed idk what was going on that year), so I gave it to BP

• 2017 is TWICE. They had the biggest idol group song that year Knock Onock (within the year, not counting you Spring Day!!) and on top of that, released SIGNAL, LIKEY and Heart Shaker which in of itself broke records of their time and had their own various awards and merits.

the resident tzubin shipper

• About RV you guys make a good point Imma fix that

I was being sarcastic and pointing out the flaws of your logic for other years.

You'd have to be deluded to look at a one-off song performance and then claim they were the biggest group that year. You wouldn't say Ikon were the biggest BG in 2018 so why on earth would any group other than Twice be the biggest GG 2016-2019, especially considering you're purely looking at this domestically going by your rankings in earlier years.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!