Why do blinks say that Blackpink has a female empowerment concept?

• Why do blinks say that Blackpink has a female empowerment concept when their lyrics consist of this:

"I wore something similar to you, but it looks better on me"

- Pretty Savage

"Send girls to wishing wells"

- Crazy Over You

"I don't want a boy, I need a man"

- Boombayah

"All the girls around you have nothing to offer

Stop talking to them, cut them off from your life"

"You will come to me anyway"

- Really

"You picked the wrong person?

You should've only looked at me and worshipped me"

"Now you ain't got no best friend (Ew)

You'll spend a lonely weekend (He-he!)"

"The girl beside you is a fool"

- See U Later

And, I'm sure there is more...

I don't think these are empowering lyrics. It's just them saying that they are better than other women and laughing at men. Keep in mind, these lyrics were most likely written by Teddy...

Do better blinks. Blackpink doesn't have a female empowerment concept when they only brag about themselves in their songs. You can flex in your songs, call out double standards and lift up other women like CLC and Mamamoo does.

But, Blackpink doesn't do that. They act like they are the only women in the world.

• can people please stop with this blink feminist bullshit also nobody fucking says that

we just want to enjoy the music jesus fuck it aint that serious

• I think it's just bunch of twitter stans that think about it this way...

maybe they are just stupid and thinking that powerful concept means same like female empowerment lol

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• No one is obligated to write about anything they don't want to write about.

But the "women should support other women" is always funny when it comes from some gg stans towards bg fans. :zipr:

• female empowerment is allowing women to do what they want and sing about whatever they want. or at least have a say in what kinda lyrics they want to sing.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Waka Waka Rosé version

• No one is obligated to write about anything they don't want to write about.

But the "women should support other women" is always funny when it comes from some gg stans towards bg fans. :zipr:

its always the male gg stans too

anyway idk why op is specifically callingout blink every single gg fandom from onces to moomoo's have people like that

• sorry, i am a woman:

and if another woman have a stupied behaviour - hello op- i would call her stupid and say it out loud- LETS WRITE IT IN A SONG!

Men can do this kind of lyrics and no one attack them, and women empowerment mean we can do the same things they do without being calling out:" COS WOMEN SHOULDN´T DO THIS"- THAT IS WOMEN EMPOWERMENT.

And Pretty Savage - the lyrics where she sais she looks better with that cloth- is directed to people who are looking up things to shade BP- feeling touchy about this? haha, because IT IS YOU, HATER!

American artist do this all the time to each other - men and women- and Blackpink lyrics has a western imprint. If you don´t like it, go and listen to Itzy....oh but itz-u, aren´t you?

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

Edited once, last by loneranger1 ().

• So Cardi B, Nicki Minaj, Magen Thee Stallion, Ariana Grande, Beyoncé etc can all sing how other Bitches ain’t got nothing on them = female empowerment

But if BP does = they just bragging, not empowering

Some of you spend a lot of time trying to find other ways to shade BP every day. You ain’t tired ?

Why can’t a woman brag about being better ? Guys do it all the time and fans go “ Oh Oppa is so cool” the sexist double standard is big on this one lol

• its always the male gg stans too

anyway idk why op is specifically callingout blink every single gg fandom from onces to moomoo's have people like that

It's not always but mostly yes. Which is quite sad how women are always pitted against other women.

And regardless of what fans do, their words and expectations should not be put up on the idols themselves. They can do whatever they want. Fans (any fan) will hype/over hype everything their faves do.

• yeah gurl

these b****s know nothing :smirks::smirks::smirks::groovins:

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• Their concepts are empowering not necessarily the lyrics. When the lyrics are takin out of context like that it kinda also loses its meaning. The lyrics makes sense in their songs pretty savage is for haters, not girls specifically.

Tho i see a big dobbelt standard when boy groups have lyrics like this they receive support for bragging about their status or accomplishments like “yaas king tell the truth” make it make sense

• no one in the world says that find smth else youre seriously embarrassing yourself

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• For people bringing in boy groups and my oppas (which is cringe btw), fans hype them up just like fans of ggs do. Non-fans call them cringe, try hard and move on.

No one calls it empowering LMFAO.

• You forgot "OPPAAAAAAA!".

BP isnt any more about female empowerment than AKB48. AKB actually has more empowering lyrics.

BP seems to be usually about putting down other women.

But theyre not to blame, its not like they write the lyrics. The whole "female empowerment concept" idea seems very sketchy anyway, if the ones performing it have no input and no agency. You cant be a victim being "mistreated", who isnt even allowed to drive, and an empowered woman simultaneously. Its appropriation of actual feminism, used by sexist men, to make money.

• There are actually articles that call BP female empowering. I think their concept itself is seen as empowering how you take it is up to you. Also Lisa was a model for a whole line about feminism.

yea but thats articles not fans, op said fans say that. their concept is definitely more edgy and u can see it as female empowering but idrc tbh

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• This thread contains 43 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!