Some Kpop fans are so sensitive when things get more sexual

• So many Songs out there are obviously sexual, yet every time the Artist has to explain the meaning they are nearly breaking their neck trying to get out of the situation, even when they were the one who wrote the Song. And that’s because so many fans are so sensitive when things get more sexual.

Especially the guys, cause a guy singing/rapping about making love = misogyny

And a woman sings/raps about making love = she got forced/supporting stereotypes

Dare man or women even get close, that makes them feel sooo uncomfortable.

Yet when western artist go all the way out talking about their sex life the same people will talk about sexual liberation and if it’s a woman even about feminism.

Why this strong double standard? It really seems like many see Kpop Idols as little innocent puppies that need to be protected from anything sexual.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• well its because korea is still a very comservative society compared to the US which is s lot more open

its hard to judge society based on different cultural values

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is legendary, I watched this video over and over again and every time focused on the reactions of another member. Everyone was trying to beat around the bush or forgot the language.... Mark “ free-spirited” looool

• Especially the guys, cause a guy singing/rapping about making love = misogyny

And a woman sings/raps about making love = she got forced/supporting stereotypes

lol a lot of the time when kfans criticize krappers about this its valid bc the lyrics are mostly objectifying women. but i do agree with the other part. but this is unrelated to the idol industry cause no one really raps or sings about sexual stuff when theyre idols it tends to be very ambiguous.

Yet when western artist go all the way out talking about their sex life the same people will talk about sexual liberation and if it’s a woman even about feminism.

two different societies you cant compare. you cant be mad at kfans when they live in a conservative society.

honestly i think youre talking about kfans not kpop stans which usually implies intl fans. i would argue that intl fans tend to oversexualize or just dont care, while kfans are a lot more conservative.

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• Korea being conservative is irrelevant, non idols make songs that are obvious about sex and they openly talk about it and those songs become hits.

• yeah they are very sensitive

I remember when an obvious sexual song was out (BAE by BB) and people were making tons of excuses on the comments like it was VERY embarrassing to see

I feel like they are just super in denial about how actual humans their favs are. < I mean this in general not the music I mentioned in particular...

• but this is unrelated to the idol industry cause no one really raps or sings about sexual stuff when theyre idols it tends to be very ambiguous.

It’s not true, the Songs ain’t straight forward but still sexual.

honestly i think youre talking about kfans not kpop stans which usually implies intl fans. i would argue that intl fans tend to oversexualize or just dont care, while kfans are a lot more conservative.

No I mean international fans in this case. I’m aware of the cultural differences . But I often see a double standard from I-fans which is so weird.

• Well, compared to western artists though, a lot of kpop idols use aegyo, cute, childlike mannerisms and way of speaking that makes it super weird when they try to be sexy or sing about sex.

Is it because the fans want it so they keep doing do that or are the fans used to it and idols and companies take advantage of that and they don't change? Perhaps both.

• yeah they are very sensitive

I remember when an obvious sexual song was out (BAE by BB) and people were making tons of excuses on the comments like it was VERY embarrassing to see

I feel like they are just super in denial about how actual humans their favs are. < I mean this in general not the music I mentioned in particular...

Till this day some try to shade them for this Song, yet it won SOTY at the KMA lmfao.

• It’s not true, the Songs ain’t straight forward but still sexual.

can you give an example bc i havent seen or heard of a song or lyrics from a popular idol group that is sexual except for maybe bet you wanna (which is still ambiguous, not very explicit), or more mature groups like aoa or beg - warmhole

No I mean international fans in this case. I’m aware of the cultural differences . But I often see a double standard from I-fans which is so weird

what double standard exactly bc i think ifans tend to be more accepting or arent as shocked when it comes to sexual stuff in kpop. theres literally a forum on r*ddit called kpopfap or smth which posts gifs of idols and oversexualizes them which is weird to me

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• a lot of kpop idols use aegyo, cute, childlike mannerisms and way of speaking that makes it super weird when they try to be sexy or sing about sex.

Like you said many do it because Kfans like it, I-fans not really but their main target market is Korea. It did got less tho. Many Idols these days expressed that they don’t like doing aegyo and with others I think they are just like that.

• Kpop industry actively promotes aegyo and infantilization. It’s effectivly like the Disney Channel, and Nickelodeon.

Idols dress and act like little kids even though their well into their 20s and act like they are oblivious to anything sexual even though it’s obvious their songs have highly sexual innuendoes and the male idols alsways show their abs and thrust their hips, and the female idols always wearing the shortest dresses and shorts they can possibly find. Yet when they’re on stage or standing next to female idols they have to act like their so shy and innocent.. and dumb. Fans really eat this shit up!

It’s because of this that basic things like dating, sexuality, etc. have such a nasty and bad response because these “idols” are suppose to be pure and innocent but even Disney stars openly dated.

I’m so tired of seeing x idol “good boy” or “pure innocent” like STOP ain’t nothing pure or innocent about 95% of these GROWN ADULTS..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!