if you have more members does that mean more sales

• not really, blackpink has four members but they outsell ggs with more members like twice or izone

theres special cases like nct 2020 tho, they gathered members from all fixed units and managed to surpass 1M sales but their fixed units couldn't do it alone lol

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• This is how many members have each group of top 10 gg sellers in 2020 (didn't count Seulgi & Irene here). There isn't really any rule to it because they are people that prefer smaller groups and people who prefer bigger groups.

#1 - 4

#2 - 9
    #3 - 12
    #4 - 5

#5 - 6
    #6 - 4
    #7 - 6
    #8 - 12
    #9 - 7
    #10 - 10

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• isn't it actually bad to have more members because then you'll have to share your profits between more members.

eg. BP has 4 members so any profits would get split 4 ways

Izone has 12 members so each member only receives 1/12 of the profit

• More members means you raise the odds that the audience find a strong bias among the members. That's why the Japanese industry goes with an insane number of members like AKB48 (they're more like trainees in this case).

But, in my opinion the more members there are, the harder it is for the group to have an identity. I struggle to get emotionally involved in 10+ groups like IZ*ONE or LOONA because I don't know these girls. They're too many for me to get a grasp of who is who.

For this reason I think 4 or 5 members is the best.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!