Do you consider a group’s scandals before stanning them?

• For me it depends what kind of scandal.

If it’s a CA scandal, in my opinion anyone can be ignorant and everyone can get educated and a lot of times idols don’t even chose their own outfits.

If it’s a bullying scandal it depends on how bad the bullying was. If it’s a "give me your lunch money" type of bullying, it’s not that bad. But if it’s bullying like the Mina and Jimin scandal i would NEVER stan or support the group.

I really don’t care about dating scandals.

How about you?

• Chaesoocrumbs

Changed the title of the thread from “Do you consider a groups scandals before stanning them?” to “Do you consider a group’s scandals before stanning them?”.
  • i'll never stan bullies, sexual predators or just rude idols. if it's ca, racism or overall ignorance it depends on a situation tbh. it's natural for me - if i feel uncomfortable because of a member i lose interest.

• CA scandal... Depends on if they were deliberately mocking a race. Intention matters a lot here.

exactly, if it's the company's decision for an idol to wear something then i'm able to understand it, but if the idol is clearly mocking a certain culture and making fun of it then i'm out.

• Well I mean I stanned April for years and then when the scandal happened I had already sorta dropped them but I still listen to their music like before so I guess I don't care

• Official Post

Only if it's sexual or domestic assault or abuse or intentional racism.

I will cut emotional ties to the artist, but will still probably listen to their music just like I do with Western musicians.

• Yes, I no matter what scandal (dating is not a scandal) I will drop the artist. I make exceptions when there are sincere excuses. If there's no excuse it means they don't care imo. Of course I don't forgive bullying, sexual predators and racism. I don't stan neither Idols with shitty personality.

• if it's something big like Seungri scandal or it's really serious then I won't stan them. If the member who did something bad isn't there anymore and the others don't support that member then I will stan if I like them, why not.

• If I know about them beforehand, yes. If not, I won't go searching for them before listening to a group.

Many scandals and controversies in K-pop are BS, I don't care about those. Only about serious scandals. I can still listen to their songs, but I don't think I can stan them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!