Ice cream era!

• Hi guys. I'm still bitter about the reacts Lisa received in IC era and I'm doing this thread bc i listened IC again and again and i can't understand how it was so bad received by our fandom??

People hated the music bc was "cute":

This excuse was used again and again by blinks, but everybody and their mothers knew that ic was going to be "bright", cute and things like these. JUST LOOK AT THE TEASERS :clown:

It's ok not to like, but the hate was huge and unnecessary...

Line distribution:

There was just one member who got hate for this and yes, it's Lisa again, but the hate that time was sooooo huge within the fandom that after some days blinks came back to reality and saw how shit they were and tried to make a "cb day 2.0" just to say how they love all 4 girls :clown: .

Like for real? Lisa posted almost nothing in her sns that time bc every post of her was full of "you're trying to be a soloist in one of BP songs? Egoistic" "let ---- sing" "we (ot4) don't need you" and way worse things and for the first time (that I've seen so I think it's the first time) blinks did the most by doing a ic song without Lisa part and guess what? Yes, it was well received, but then Lisa fans saw the video and started the dislike mission ... :clown:

I know some will say the hate was done by akgaes, but let's not fool ourselves. Majority of ot4 tt accs (huge accs with a lot of followers) were the ones who started the whole boycott. It was akgaes and blinks too. Unfortunately.

Actually i will just do this two points bc the whole thing was a fiasco thanks to this beautiful fandom :clown: I can say I'm an ot4 as I will never hate the girls for things that are not in their control neither will bash them just to appreciate my bias (Lisa).

And I'm this bitter bc ic era was going to be their most soft, cute and just relaxing era to them and guess what? It was their most hateful one.... Listening ic makes me think like "wooow, we really did miss an incredible era..." :pepe-sad:

Disclaimer: this is my opinion and I'm not trying to change yours. And I'm not trying to say you have to love IC, I'm just talking about the reactions received at the time that was full of hate!

IF YOU ARE A BLINK, PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO MAKE EXCUSES HERE TO WHY IC WAS BAD RECEIVED AS IM TALKING ABOUT THE HATE AND HATE SHOULDN'T BE EXCUSED!

bye!

• There was just one member who got hate for this and yes, it's Lisa again, but the hate that time was sooooo huge within the fandom that after some days blinks came back to reality and saw how shit they were and tried to make a "cb day 2.0" just to say how they love all 4 girls :clown: .

wow... I forgot about that cb day 2.0... its was realy the most embarrassing thing ever

I always liked the song I also wish it could hve been a nice comeback without everyone figthing so much, but from my experience not much as changed. Everytime I posted in threads about which BP songs do you liked and listed Ice Cream, some people would hate on me or call me troll

• wow... I forgot about that cb day 2.0... its was realy the most embarrassing thing ever

I always liked the song I also wish it could hve been a nice comeback without everyone figthing so much, but from my experience not much as changed. Everytime I posted in threads about which BP songs do you liked and listed Ice Cream, some people would hate on me or call me troll

A troll? Kkkkk wow, imagine thinking like that just bc you like a song that should be hated by the whole fandom, uh? :clown:

Anyways, IC is a good song!!

• I didn't like this song when she was released, and i still don't like it. But not cause of Lisa, just cause i don't like the song. And i don't think this song is cute, yes the MV is cute, but the lyrics not at all same for the sound production. This alarm sound in the back track is absolutely disgusting and it's the main reason why i don't like this song and that's not cute at all.

• The superior ice cream:

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And I don’t even like the hyuna song that much lol

• I liked the song, and it was their biggest hit in America, so people calling it a flop are reaching too. It’s catchy and fun.

The reaction to it really shows the double standards towards Lisa. No one cared when she got the least lines in songs like Stay and D4, or that the company turned down dance breaks for her, but her having a decent amount of lines was reason for them to threaten to boycott the album. Lisa was so excited about it, only for her own fandom to treat her like dirt.

Those same fans praised Bet You Wanna, which had way more unfair line distribution, but that was ok because Lisa was the one with no lines.

• I didn't like this song when she was released, and i still don't like it. But not cause of Lisa, just cause i don't like the song. And i don't think this song is cute, yes the MV is cute, but the lyrics not at all same for the sound production. This alarm sound in the back track is absolutely disgusting and it's the main reason why i don't like this song and that's not cute at all.

As i said in my quote my only problem is with people who hated the song bc of .... Lisa having lines and just the hypocrisy in the fandom.

They didn't enjoy the cb as they should bc of the bash the song received.

Your opinion is valid, but the negative and hate Lisa and even the group itself received was unnecessary, rude and just ridiculous as majority came from the fandom itself.

• The superior ice cream:

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And I don’t even like the hyuna song that much lol

Your comment makes no sense as I'm not comparing neither nothing like that in this thread...

But ok

• I liked the song, and it was their biggest hit in America, so people calling it a flop are reaching too. It’s catchy and fun.

The reaction to it really shows the double standards towards Lisa. No one cared when she got the least lines in songs like Stay and D4, or that the company turned down dance breaks for her, but her having a decent amount of lines was reason for them to threaten to boycott the album. Lisa was so excited about it, only for her own fandom to treat her like dirt.

Those same fans praised Bet You Wanna, which had way more unfair line distribution, but that was ok because Lisa was the one with no lines.

Exactly. The way Lisa not getting her WELL DESERVED dance break is a victory to ot4 just proves how much of double standard exists between us...

And i can't at fans LOVING byw when Lisa is nowhere heard on the song ... Literally... But as stated above we already know why!

• Your comment makes no sense as I'm not comparing neither nothing like that in this thread...

But ok

it’s called subtext, so you have to read between the lines :teeheek: it’s a way to express my opinion about the song discussed in this thread, which is literally what everyone else is also doing so my comment actually made a lot of sense :teeheek: not that i expected other people to be able to get it, and i evidently was not surprised :teeheek:

• ic is an okay for a bside song. But it's just not a good song structure wise and melody wise. It was a clear departure to what makes any blackpink song blackpink. Imo it didn't deserve a spot in blackpink's first full album of just 8 songs. It wasted a spot. And not because of line distribution and what not. The song is just not up to bp standard.

• I honestly really love ice cream! I instantly loved it! After a while though, it started to become a bit repetitive, so I just gave it a break for a while. But a couple of days ago I started to listen to it again, and I realized why I loved it in the first place. It’s a really cute and catchy song. The dance is great, and Lisa’s rap lives in my head rent free-

• ic is an okay for a bside song. But it's just not a good song structure wise and melody wise. It was a clear departure to what makes any blackpink song blackpink. Imo it didn't deserve a spot in blackpink's first full album of just 8 songs. It wasted a spot. And not because of line distribution and what not. The song is just not up to bp standard.

You just described Bet U wanna.

• BYW came in 6th or 7th for me out of the 8 songs so i'm more in line with you. It was ok.

Ice Cream was a stone cold bop, Lisa's rap is so lit lol. To me, there's a big wall between the top 5 songs on the Album and the bottom 3.

Actually to me all the 7 songs are bops like there's no massive but buw definitely stands out like it really doesn't belong there imo i skip it now & have been doing so since December 2020

• Ice cream is an ariana grande song through & through & since I'm a huge fan of Ari, I love Ice cream like it was legit my most played track of 2020 💯

I think Ot4 blinks had a problem with jisoo's lack of lines the most, I remember her Chinese bar started the whole boycott movement & it all exploded from there...

Not just Jisoo... Rosé c bar also boycotted bc she had "less line" as the main vocalist and Jennie c bar bc she didn't rap... It was a chaos. And even so, Lisa got hate within the fandom, unfortunately.

• I honestly really love ice cream! I instantly loved it! After a while though, it started to become a bit repetitive, so I just gave it a break for a while. But a couple of days ago I started to listen to it again, and I realized why I loved it in the first place. It’s a really cute and catchy song. The dance is great, and Lisa’s rap lives in my head rent free-

Monalisa kinda Lisa yeah rah rah rah kkkkk :pepemusic:

• Not just Jisoo... Rosé c bar also boycotted bc she had "less line" as the main vocalist and Jennie c bar bc she didn't rap... It was a chaos. And even so, Lisa got hate within the fandom, unfortunately.

It was utterly insane and just proves how many fake OT4 fans there are. When Lisa is genuinely mistreated they don't care, but then when she has decent lines they act as if it's unfair. She still hasn't got her promised solo but apparently she is favoured by YG :clown: Yep, that's why he won't even give her a dance break...

• It was utterly insane and just proves how many fake OT4 fans there are. When Lisa is genuinely mistreated they don't care, but then when she has decent lines they act as if it's unfair. She still hasn't got her promised solo but apparently she is favoured by YG :clown: Yep, that's why he won't even give her a dance break...

There was a point where all four were mistreated, but just when Lisa was given justice the chaos happened so yeah. It's just prove how fake some are.

• Not just Jisoo... Rosé c bar also boycotted bc she had "less line" as the main vocalist and Jennie c bar bc she didn't rap... It was a chaos. And even so, Lisa got hate within the fandom, unfortunately.

Yeah the whole thing was a mess

I instantly frown when blinks start demanding stuff like dance break for Lisa & high nite for rosie & rap verse for Jennie

IC was traumatizing lol

• Yeah the whole thing was a mess

I instantly frown when blinks start demanding stuff like dance break for Lisa & high nite for rosie & rap verse for Jennie

IC was traumatizing lol

But let's be honest... All of this is bc of how YGE managed them. Unfortunately there was a time where they seemed like four friends who do their solo stuffs and just take pictures tgt ... If they were given more group activities then maybe things wouldn't get this far...

• But let's be honest... All of this is bc of how YGE managed them. Unfortunately there was a time where they seemed like four friends who do their solo stuffs and just take pictures tgt ... If they were given more group activities then maybe things wouldn't get this far...

It's a YG/Teddy thing

The hype for their next cb is going to reach critical levels soon lol

If the song is really amazing, they will surpass all expectations

not too mention alike last months Lisa China Bar said they weren't going to support anything else of BP but ONLY focusing on Lisa(I dont agree with what they decided upon but they are a bar for Lisa sooo) yet everyone made a huge fuss about it but not when Chaesoo bars did this

women's wrongs activist

:lovec::cheersc::lovec:

• not too mention alike last months Lisa China Bar said they weren't going to support anything else of BP but ONLY focusing on Lisa(I dont agree with what they decided upon but they are a bar for Lisa sooo) yet everyone made a huge fuss about it but not when Chaesoo bars did this

The hypocrisy. They hate Lisa fans, but want their money... And it's like just Lisa fans need to be loyal to BP cb while the others can boycott or whatever....

• Ice Cream was the first song by Blackpink I listened to. It is so sad that a lot of people hate on it. Even if it did have some line distribution problems surrounding Jisoo I knew it was because she does not know how to speak English as well as the others. I loved Lisa's rap, it was really good, the wouldn't have been complete without her raps. I personally like the song. I mean, Ice Cream Chillin' Chillin Ice Cream Chillin'

• Yes! I loved it so much and when i logged on to the forum and twitter i was actually so surprised. It was cutesy sexy summery, selena is so cute and her voice matches blackpinks voices nicely, etc.

i understand why people were upset but their reactions were all wrong. they should’ve done something other than sling hate at lisa and at the song

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!