What should be BlackPink next big move ?

• Another collab like icecream. Ic was a huge disappointment considering Selena is a fit for bps image and the number of ppl who actually wrote the thing.. Imagine how better it would’ve done if the song was actually good..

Leave the album to early 2022.. and maybe HardcoreBLINK will get their January hit :pepe-shades:

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• Ice cream did and keeps doing well so a lot of people liked it. Not my fave but not bad either, if we want to talk about an underwhelming collab that's bet you wanna (everything about it, from quality to 0 radio play or promotion). Ice cream is the highest and longest charting song that's not from psy or bts on billboard, it served its purpose. It also didnt do that bad in korea as some claim

• Ice cream did and keeps doing well so a lot of people liked it. Not my fave but not bad either, if we want to talk about an underwhelming collab that's bet you wanna (everything about it, from quality to 0 radio play or promotion). Ice cream is the highest and longest charting song that's not from psy or bts on billboard, it served its purpose. It also didnt do that bad in korea as some claim

I didn’t say it flopped ww but how much better it could’ve done if the song was good, with Selena’s brand power+ her promoting it. It’s a single I can’t compare it to bet u wanna, it got overshadowed by the album as a whole and lsg+ no mv or specific promos

• I didn’t say it flopped ww but how much better it could’ve done if the song was good, with Selena’s brand power+ her promoting it. It’s a single I can’t compare it to bet u wanna, it got overshadowed by the album as a whole and lsg+ no mv or specific promos

That's the thing, a lot of people think the song is good lol your or my taste are not universal. IC was a risky song and did very well, probably a bit better than lsg except for korea. They had already covered their usual massive appeal sound with HYLT & Pretty savage so I welcome the variety ic provided.

I think their next step would be a reggaeton song, they are already very popular in latin america and this could help them even more

• I think people take IC too much seriously. it's not like we had some huge music influencers 'queen/mj' collab, we had an usual pop artists collab and IC is pure pop. I'm saying this because in the west collabs are more often so we are not that surprised. it might not fit your kpop standards, because it is more like western song. people expected it to be smth different, idk what exactly (I would be glad if you said). we had collab not their own music, so obv it was going to be different, they mixed Selena's soft and BP hard image together. it was neither cute nor sexy, but still enjoyable song for me. It's not the best composition ever but it's not that bad as people say. it's very easy to swallow and follow, so yeah they could've done better but it feels good to listen to it in a car or just

• pasted-from-clipboard.png

it's sort of unfair for a 4 member group lol

To me it seems fair. I was expecting Selena to sing half the song but she didn't (even though she got more than the rest of the girls)

BlackPink's line distribution has always been one of the more fairer ones compared to many other groups so when I saw the line distribution I was like hey that actually seems pretty good. Even those Rose and Jisoo got less lines, their lines are actually the catchy parts

:pepelove1::pepelove1::pepelove1:

• I think people take IC too much seriously. it's not like we had some huge music influencers 'queen/mj' collab, we had an usual pop artists collab and IC is pure pop. I'm saying this because in the west collabs are more often so we are not that surprised. it might not fit your kpop standards, because it is more like western song. people expected it to be smth different, idk what exactly (I would be glad if you said). we had collab not their own music, so obv it was going to be different, they mixed Selena's soft and BP hard image together. it was neither cute nor sexy, but still enjoyable song for me. It's not the best composition ever but it's not that bad as people say. it's very easy to swallow and follow, so yeah they could've done better but it feels good to listen to it in a car or just

No it is as bad as people say. I know y’all saying it comes down to taste but I was there on twt the day of the release and after release and people who don’t even check for kpop didn’t like it, like you can tell the general opinion about a song people have.

The song felt like a cheap unfinished demo with monotonous sound and unnecessary sexual lyrics that you won’t even believe an award wining team put together. I’m all here for bp to try something different but different good not different bad

let's be real. If BYW was pushed, it will fo a lot better than IC since Cardi is much much much popular than Selena

• let's be real. If BYW was pushed, it will fo a lot better than IC since Cardi is much much much popular than Selena

Better for the girls not to. She is too dramatic and problematic.. I won’t forget the sh*t she pulled on release day no matter what excuse she had

• Better for the girls not to. She is too dramatic and problematic.. I won’t forget the sh*t she pulled on release day no matter what excuse she had

Which i can see why IC was pushed instead of BYW. Obviously Korean would hate even more if Cardi collab is made single than Selena's.

The better choice is always Ari and im sure due to positions, Ari refrained from doing another collab after 2 high profiles one which hit#1 (Stuck with you and Rain On Me). IC was even written by Ari, no other reason that she doesnt sing it but give to Selena

• The better choice is always Ari and im sure due to positions, Ari refrained from doing another collab after 2 high profiles one which hit#1 (Stuck with you and Rain On Me). IC was even written by Ari, no other reason that she doesnt sing it but give to Selena

Even I do believe the ice cream collab was actually with Ariana but she wanted to start the positions era so they gave it to seltuna. Also both collabs by Ari went #1.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

Edited once, last by atropos ().

• Even I do believe the ice cream collab was actually with Ariana but she wanted to start the positions era so they gave it to seltuna. Also both collabs by Ari went #1.

The only logic reason. If IC hit#1 due to Ari, she will be dubbed the rent-!-collab for this new era (like the old rihanna). And if positions underperforms (it didnt), she will be dragged even harder

• Ice cream did well in SK. Its basically like an original Japanese songs from kpop acts. It was not promoted in korea, and the locals dont understand the song. And it still managed to reach top 10 unlike all the other Japanese songs by kpop grps. And nobody expects japanese songs to do well in the first place.

If anything was disappointing it would be its longetivity in anywhr else other than the US. B4 the song came out we might have expected btr.

Blackpink's move should be at least a mini album in June or July. To keep the momentum going and continue displaying their new strength in physicals

• Another collab like icecream. Ic was a huge disappointment considering Selena is a fit for bps image and the number of ppl who actually wrote the thing.. Imagine how better it would’ve done if the song was actually good..

Leave the album to early 2022.. and maybe HardcoreBLINK will get their January hit :pepe-shades:

Nope October 2021 should see the release of 2nd full album

Also yes another english collab but better to be released 1 week or simultaneously with the new album

• I didn’t say it flopped ww but how much better it could’ve done if the song was good, with Selena’s brand power+ her promoting it. It’s a single I can’t compare it to bet u wanna, it got overshadowed by the album as a whole and lsg+ no mv or specific promos

Selena is slowly but surely morphing into a "has-been"

It's sad but she's clearly on Katy perry's path now...

• That's the thing, a lot of people think the song is good lol your or my taste are not universal. IC was a risky song and did very well, probably a bit better than lsg except for korea. They had already covered their usual massive appeal sound with HYLT & Pretty savage so I welcome the variety ic provided.

I think their next step would be a reggaeton song, they are already very popular in latin america and this could help them even more

YG would never lol

They alrset their eyes on more US expansion this year

• Which i can see why IC was pushed instead of BYW. Obviously Korean would hate even more if Cardi collab is made single than Selena's.

The better choice is always Ari and im sure due to positions, Ari refrained from doing another collab after 2 high profiles one which hit#1 (Stuck with you and Rain On Me). IC was even written by Ari, no other reason that she doesnt sing it but give to Selena

Thing is IC is an Ari song probably meant for Thank U next.

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!