JTBC to change jisoo's character name in snowdrop

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ext6sBxXEAMMiLC.jpeg

Ext6sB4WUAMKG5T.jpegExt6sB-WEAAF9NQ.jpegExt6sB7XEAEkNSI.jpeg

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

Edited 4 times, last by atropos ().

• atropos

Changed the title of the thread from “JTBC to change jisoo's character name” to “JTBC to change jisoo's character name in snowdrop”.
  • I'm glad that the company made an official statement regarding the controversies and that Jisoo's acting debut can go on. This is really good.

:claps:

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• this is what I wanted them to clarify! Now we can go forward without any accusations. Rise Jisoo and snowdrop! So excited for this to drop.

I remember Jisoo +cast was working at 5 in the morning of late December and January , they worked hard.

• Ah good good choice ! Using Young Cho name in a story who has nothing to do with her real life was the disrespectful part for me. I can’t believe people were ok with it.

Glad they change it.

Now can’t wait for the drama to air :-)

• External Content twitter.com

If after this statement they still want it canceled then....

• I read the full translation, if some continue to say otherwise than they are doing it on purpose lol.

So in.fans asking those Koreans to chill and wait for the drama to air weren’t wrong lol

This Thread won’t get tons of pages ...

• I read the full translation, if some continue to say otherwise than they are doing it on purpose lol.

So in.fans asking those Koreans to chill weren’t wrong lol.

It's okay if this thread doesn't get tons of pages were here to hype jisoo's acting debut.

So in.fans asking those Koreans to chill and wait for the drama to air weren’t wrong lol

Mod are so quick to moved this thread

While the dude who posts translated article still on the k-lounge :wellr:

• It's okay if this thread doesn't get tons of pages were here to hype jisoo's acting debut.

It’s not about Jisoo’s acting debut. It’s about those with the fake concerns who accused Blinks of being racist for telling knetz that they are overreacting to a drama that hasn’t been aired yet and that we don’t care about Korean struggles and only want to see Jisoo debut as an actress.

• Good move!

I think Young-cho's name being used was the most offensive part for knetizens so they shouldn't have a problem with it now. And I'm sure JTBC has combed through the script finely to remove even the slightest bit of triggering content so hope they pull through with it.

Ngl i'm interested to see Jisoo's acting, so all the best to her and the whole cast!

• That's given. Just hope some people who were worried come across it.

Don't we get warnings for posting in the wrong section or something so better to be safe. Lol

No ? , if we got warning everytimes we posted that user should be banned for looooong time ... :wellr:

• Official Post

I think this is a good move on JTBC's part. This was called out previously by knetz as a potential problem and JTBC addressed it directly this time, instead of beating around the "bush" as they did previously.

To sum it up for you with my limited knowledge, the drama "Snowdrop" is based on the 1987 Korean protests.

The person Jisoo plays is a real-life woman called Chun Young Cho. Chun Young Cho was a woman who wanted to fight for the democracy of her country as, during that time, South Korea was under the influence of a military dictatorship and their "democracy" wasn't even considered democracy as then-leader Chun DooHwan ran a military regime, which was believed to be achieved after he took the power of the presidential seat after the assassination of President Park Chung-hee, meaning he wasn't even elected. When he was in power, he replaced the National Assembly with a military Junta with himself as a member. South Korea, especially young adults, were unhappy with this, therefore people, like Chun Young Cho, protested for their rights. I can see how many South Koreans were unhappy with this. Not trying to compare situations, but this is terribly similar to the current situation in Myanmar where the military takes advantage of the government for their own agenda.

Also during this time, Chun Young Cho was married and had a son, so many netizens were upset that they were trying to manipulate/ water down her legacy just to fit into a love story.

• Better translation

• Better translation

I'll add it to op.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• honestly, the whole situation is highly messed up...

if Knetz wanted to watch some proper historical show then damn watch the documentary...

In Europe, we are used to "semi-historical" series, and it's nothing wrong with them... Last time I've mentioned "Vikings" tv series. Honestly yeah there are multi figures there which are historical ones, but the thing is in real life, in real history, they were "living" in different ages/eras/decades, yet in this tv show, they appear at the same time. Does it make the whole show less proper? Nope, because "traits" of those old kings, and queens characters are really shown well...

Knetz can stand and watch series about serial killers which are also not always true to the facts or have things, and names changed, yet here they caused unnecessary drama...

talk about double standards lol

External Content www.youtube.com

• There was this comment in one of those numerous threads made, about how, it should and will be canceled.

And am like, saying that with soo much conviction when we don't even have all the details yet..

855.gif

• This thread contains 14 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!